Stage 5: The Commitment

5 Stages of Relationship
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taeyeon eyes glued to the screen of her phone. The screen showed the group chat she had with her best friends. The notification sound kept ringing so she opened the group and noticing there were some new bubble chats on the screen. The bubble kept adding up, seemed like her friends were discussing about something. She read the seemingly never ending chat in the group.

 

Syoung: Guys, wanna spend Christmas Eve together?
Sunny: You’re not going back to your parents’ home?
Syoung: My parents are traveling abroad. They will celebrate Christmas in Europe. Me and Kyungho thought it’d be nice to celebrate with you
HYO: Cool! I am in!
Yoong: Count me in, Unnies
Yul: Where? When?
HYO: December 24. You don’t know when is Christmas Eve?
Yul: I know the date!! I wanna know what time exactly?
Syoung: 7pm. Let’s rent a villa
Yul: Can I bring my girlfriend?
Syoung: Ofc. The more the merrier
Syoung: So, you’re in?
Yul: I am in
Syoung: Sunny? What about you?
Sunny: Just asked Henry, we will come
Seohyun: I am also in. My parents are out of town. I will come with my boyfriend

 

Taeyeon blinked her eyes. Every year, she spent the Christmas Eve with Yuri because their parents lived outside of Seoul, while the other girls usually spent Christmas Eve with their parents. But this year, suddenly everyone stayed in Seoul and they would celebrate Christmas together. She smiled and typed a reply.

 

Taeng: So everyone brings partners?
Syoung: Yup
Yul: Yes
HYO: Ofc!
Sunny: Obviously
Seohyun: Yes, Unnie
Yoong: Not sure. If he doesn’t have schedule, he will join
Syoung: Will you come, Taeng?
Taeng: OK, I am in

 

She then closed the app and called Tiffany. It took three rings until Tiffany picked up the phone.

 

“Hi, Tae.” The husky voice greeted Taeyeon.

 

“Hi, are you busy?”

 

“Nope, I am playing around with excel sheet.” Tiffany chuckled.

 

Taeyeon tittered. “Just a quick question, are you free for Christmas Eve?”

 

“Well, Jess said she was going to celebrate it with Yuri. So yeah, I am totally free.”

 

“Great! Wanna join me and my friends? We’re celebrating Christmas Eve together. Everone will bring their partner. Sica will also be there.” Taeyeon excitedly told the other woman.

 

“Is it the friends I met during dinner?”

 

“Yes!”

 

Tiffany hummed, before replied. “Will I be your plus one?”

 

Taeyeon could feel her cheeks warmed. “What do you expect? You are my date.”

 

Tiffany laughed softly across the line. “Do you notice that we’re gonna be the only one who’s not in a relationship during Christmas Eve, right?”

 

“Of course I am aware of that. Why?”

 

“You won’t sulk because your gay buddy will have Jess with her?” Tiffany teased by bringing up Taeyeon’s upbringing during the dinner when they first met.

 

“Yah!” Taeyeon chortled. “I am gonna be fine. I am going to bring my date, so I won’t sulk.”

 

“Sounds good then. Do you want me to fetch you, Tae?” Tiffany offered.

 

“N’ah, I will fetch you.” Taeyeon smiled wide now that Tiffany agreed.

 

“Okay, then. See you soon, Tae. I miss you already.”

 

The smile never left Taeyeon face. “I miss you too, Fany. See you.”

 

 

***

 

 

Taeyeon pulled over her BMW in front of the apartment lobby with a smile on her face. Her smile grew wider as she saw familiar woman who stood up in the lobby, eyeing her car. She opened the window and greeted the person.

 

“Hi, pretty.”

 

Tiffany laughed at the way Taeyeon greeted her and walked towards the car. She then opened the door and let herself got into the car, taking the seat next to the driving woman. Once she got inside the car, she laughed, noticing the outfit Taeyeon wore.

 

“Yah! Why are you wearing that sweater?” She commented in amusement.

 

Taeyeon wore dark green sweater with patterns of white small deers making several line. The sweater she wore when they first met.

 

“Ask that to yourself.” Taeyeon stuck out her tongue to Tiffany who the same sweaters, with the color of dark red.

 

Both women chuckled at how they coincidently wore the same sweater again.

 

“Anyway,” Tiffany stopped laughing and leaning in, planting a soft peck on Taeyeon’s lips. “I missed you.” She pulled away, with a shy smile on her face, and a faint blush on her cheeks.

 

Taeyeon was not in a better state, hue of red was visible on her face. “I missed you too.” But the smile never once left her face. “Shall we?” She asked excitedly, and got a nod from Tiffany as an answer.

 

“Everyone is going to bring their partners?” Tiffany asked while playing with the car’s head unit, trying to find a song she liked from the Christmas playlist.

 

“Yes, literally everyone will bring their partners.” Taeyeon continued to drive as she stole a glance at Tiffany. “I am glad you agreed to join. Or else, I would be the only single there. Gay and single.” She let out a loud huff, earning a hearty laugh from Tiffany.

 

“So, that means I will meet the actor Yoona dates?” Tiffany finally landed her decision on the song and rested her back to the seat.

 

Taeyeon gasped playfully at Tiffany’s question. “Don’t tell me you’re gonna ditch me over an actor!”

 

“You know I am gay, Tae.” She faked a scoff before taking one of Taeyeon’s hands which was not holding the steering wheel. She then interlaced their fingers, making Taeyeon smiled at the warmth of her hand. “Even Chris Evan won’t turn me straight.”

 

“What about Chris Hemsworth?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Lee Dongwook?”

 

“Ah, he’s handsome. I like him.” Tiffany nodded in agreement.

 

“Will you turn straight for him?” Taeyeon wriggled her eyebrows.

 

“N’ah, he’s not a woman.” Tiffany shrugged, earning yet another laugh from Taeyeon.

 

“What about Kim Taeyeon?”

 

Tiffany turned her head to Taeyeon and smirked teasingly. “If she asks me to be her girlfriend, I will immediately make babies with her.”

 

Taeyeon bursted out laughing upon receiving the answer. “How many babies we will make?”

 

“None, you don’t own , silly.”

 

Taeyeon laughed hard at that. No matter how silly their conversation was, she could feel the warmth in her chest. She loved the amount of laugh she had, she loved the time she spent with Tiff

Please log in to read the full chapter