end

The moment our eyes met
Please log in to read the full chapter

Johnny stood in front of the lake side where his best friend would be holding his wedding. This was a nostalgic place because when he was 7 years old, his aunts got married here and he remembered the sunset to be as beautiful as his aunts but more importantly, he had laid eyes on the most beautiful person he had seen. Granted that he was just a kid at that time but the smile and dimples of the boy near his age, chubby cheeks and fair skin topped with soft black wavy hair was like a masterpiece worthy to be displayed in a museum.

 

Johnny had been in and out of relationships in the past 2 decades after that incident, but none was as beautiful as that kid he saw as a child. And it still haunts him till this day.

 

“Hey Johnny hyung.” Ten greeted him and Johnny smiled and hugged the friend. “Thanks for helping out.” Ten added.

 

“Always a pleasure.” Johnny replied with a smile. “So where is your groom?” Johnny asked.

 

“Tying up loose ends in Beijing, he’s coming with his best man.” Ten replied with a dreamy sigh. “I can’t believe I am getting married.” Ten added and it made Johnny chuckle.

 

“Who would’ve thought you’ll be able to trick someone.” Johnny teased his friend who slapped him lightly on his arm.

 

“Anyway, Sicheng’s flight would have landed and they’ll be here for dinner. But since you’re here and my best man, help me finalize some details with management.” Ten informed him and Johnny agreed, that was his role anyway, and to keep Ten from being a groomzilla.

 

They met with the Amelia, the wedding planner who was already talking to Jam, the event manager ahead of their meeting to have a run through of the plans. Johnny and Ten shook hands with them, mistaken them as the couple which they immediately dismissed. Both wedding planner and event manager apologized profusely for the mistake.

 

“My fiance will  be checking in around lunch time .” Ten reminded the manager who nodded with a smile.

 

“The rooms are already ready Mr. Ten. Your parents and guest are all booked and taken care off as well.” She said with a kind smile.

 

“Perfect.” Ten smiled, showing perfect rows of pearly whites.

 

“We’ll go to the reception area first for the run down of the event program and layout?” Amelia asked and Ten nodded.

 

They ran through the space and  the location of the tables and stations based on the layout Amelia printed. They also mapped the dance floor and the DJ station where Johnny would play a set for the party as a gift to his friend.

 

“Piano?” Ten asked and Jam led them to a corner next to where a stage would be set up for the couple.

 

“is the layout up to your liking?” Jam asked and Ten nodded happily. “Here is the menu, we will be preparing them in time for you and your fiance to do the tasting.” Jam added and Ten browsed through the list and pointed to the ceviche.

 

“My friend doesn’t like eating raw fish, might as well take this out” Ten said and Jam nodded and took note of it.

 

“We’ll head to the ceremony area? They are currently doing some maintenance to make the area look the best it could on your b

Please log in to read the full chapter