The Truth

Silent Echoes
Please log in to read the full chapter

After several days of avoiding each other, fate seemed to bring Jihyo and Sana together again. Jihyo, waiting for her friends Nayeon and Jeongyeon, found herself sitting on a bench in their university garden. It was a quiet spot, surrounded by blooming flowers and the gentle rustle of leaves in the breeze. Jihyo was lost in thought, contemplating her actions and the conversation she needed to have with Sana.

 

Suddenly, she spotted Sana walking towards the garden. Sana noticed that Jihyo was there but it was too late to leave as Jihyo already saw her and approaching her. Sana’s face was a mixture of anger and hurt. Jihyo's heart skipped a beat as she mustered the courage to speak. "Sana, can we talk?"

 

Sana's eyes flashed with anger. "Talk? Talk about what, Jihyo? About how you betrayed our friendship? About how you lied to me?"

 

Jihyo's voice wavered as she tried to explain herself. "I know I messed up, Sana. I shouldn't have lied to you, and I shouldn't have pushed you away. I was scared and confused, and I didn't know how to handle my feelings."

 

Sana scoffed, her frustration evident. "Your feelings? What about my feelings, Jihyo? You think I wasn't hurt? You think I didn't notice you avoiding me?"

 

Jihyo's eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry, Sana. I never meant to hurt you. I just didn't know how to deal with everything. I was selfish and scared of losing you."

 

Sana clenched her fists, her anger boiling over. "You were scared of losing me? Well, congratulations, Jihyo! You pushed me away so effectively that I don't even recognize our friendship anymore."

 

Jihyo reached out, her voice desperate. "Please, Sana, give me a chance to make it right. I'll do anything to fix this, to earn back your trust."

 

Sana's expression hardened, her hurt turning into resolve. "You had your chance, Jihyo, and you blew it. I can't just forget what you did.”

 

There was a tension between Jihyo and Sana that hung heavy in the air. Sana's eyes bore into Jihyo, her frustration palpable. "Just tell me the reason, Jihyo. What did I do to deserve that kind of treatment?” she demanded, her voice laced with anger.

 

Jihyo's sobs broke the silence as she tried to articulate her feelings. "I'm sorry, Sana, really. I just... I'm scared," she managed to choke out between sobs, her voice cracking with vulnerability.

 

Sana's expression remained stern. "Stop saying sorry. It’s irritating. Just answer me. What did I do?" she pressed, her patience wearing thin.

 

Jihyo hiccupped through her tears, trying to steady her voice. "Remember the party? When you excused yourself to get our drinks? But you didn't come back because you saw Miyeon."

 

"Is that it? Because of the drinks?" Sana's voice was sharp. "I even asked you the day after the party if you were alright. You said you were okay. That's a lame excuse. Why did you ignore me? Are you mad because you had no one to talk to during the party? Nayeon and Jeongyeon were there. I thought you were supportive of me pursuing Miyeon, but it's the opposite."

 

Jihyo's cries grew louder, her frustration mounting as she felt misunderstood. "No, Sana, it's not like that. I wasn't mad at you; I was mad at myself. I was scared of ruining our friendship. I didn't want to burden you with my

Please log in to read the full chapter