INTRODUCTION I

Wish That I Could
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

IT WILL BE GONE SOON
CHAPTER I | HAERIN'S POV

 

Face planting onto my pillow is all I could really do. “She’ll be back soon, you know.”

Hanni. My ever-carefree roommate trying to comfort me. “It’s not that long, it’s just going to be a small talk between them.” At this point, I don’t think I would want to be consoled, but Hanni, being the friend that she is, she’ll do it regardless.

“They can take their time.” I managed to say. It’s a different feeling having this heavy weight on my chest, and thinking about the people in the living room is just making more ticked off.

“You can’t lie to save yourself, Haerin. Endure it for a while, Wonyoung will be gone soon.” Hanni continued.

“What about Wonnie?” A sweet voice asked out of nowhere. Hanni and I jumped at the sudden interruption. Dani, my bestest of friends, the sweetest girl I’ve ever known, is now making her way to my bed.

“Nothing, I’m calming Haerin down, she’s just too nervous around visitors. You should know.” Hanni tried to excuse. It is evident that I’m aggravated by visitors in our dorm. It’s a surprise that we’re even allowed to have one. It never really crossed my mind until Dani asked for permission to have someone over and was so easily granted.

“Oh, our Haerin, you never get used to it.” She said trying to hug me as she sat next to me.  I could only exchange looks with Hanni before she hurriedly went out of the room. I can’t even form a word to say right now.

“I know you must be uncomfortable, but Wonnie is a good friend. She’s super sweet, too. I think you can spend time with her next time.”  

I’m not certain as to how Dani thought that would be a good idea, but it’s Dani, she sees all the good in everything.

“Haerin?”

My silence must’ve crept on her that she worriedly tried to pull me away from my pillow. “Are you okay?” 

“I’m fine Dani.” Keeping a straight face is a bad idea, but moving my facial muscles just ticks me more knowing I have to pretend that I’m happy having someone around. For some reason, Dani kept quiet and just allowed me to look at her. I wasted no time of doing it, too. I stared at her and prays to myself that may God give me restraint or I might just kiss this girl in front of me. Then she smiled, and I can feel my hand lift itself to touch her cheeks.

“I’m fine, Dani.” I said once again, convincing myself more than convincing her that I am okay, that I will be. 

“Wonyoung is just a friend.” She said.

“Yes, and there’s nothing wrong if she’s more than that, okay?” This is me trying to appease her. We all know they exchange looks whenever they got the chance, Wonyoung is a good person, beautiful, smart, and she has so much in her that just draws people. Dani is just a sunshine; she surrounds people with this aura that can’t keep you from smiling. She’s the most magical woman in our age, and it’s not a surprise if these two wonderful women gain attraction towards each other.

I gave Dani a sincere look, telling her that nothing’s wrong with her Wonyoung being here. More than that I wanted to say that it’s a personal issue and she shouldn’t stress herself with this. She reached for my hand and lift it like how she always does. I must have looked like a fool anticipating that kiss at the back of my hand. It’s our comfort gesture. When words can no longer bring the warmth we need, we use our actions. As for us, this simple gesture is an indication that we know that one of us is struggling, but there’s more to things than what we say. I tried to lay down on the bed while she still holds my hand.

“Do you like her?” I finally managed to ask.

“Of course, I like everyone.” Dani trying to deflect it.

“But do you want to kiss her?”

I’m surprised I did not choke on my own words. Ever since we’ve been friends it was clear that Dani likes girls. One day, she came to me all giddy and skipping, while telling me that there’s a new trainee, a pretty one. I just looked at her, when she said that she might like that person.

“Of course, you like everyone, Dani.” I can still hear myself saying those words when she countered.

“No, it’s different, liking someone like I want to kiss her.” I wasn’t shocked, nothing came to mind when she said that, but it certainly left an impression. Ever since, her little crushes are measured by how much she wants to kiss them. It’s not like she’s going to do it, if you can

Please log in to read the full chapter