A Very Normal Day

my girlfriend, the alien
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It is a very normal day for Seungwan. She woke up on time. She got out of her bed on time. She got ready on time. She arrived at work on time. She went over some reports about other artists and had a chat with her friend slash her manager slash her fellow director Seulgi like usual.

 

So yes, it is a very normal day for Seungwan. Well, it was a very normal day. Now, there is a woman sleeping on the bench in front of the apartment building Seungwan lives in. Seungwan looks around. Nobody’s passing by since it’s late. Yes, Seungwan worked overtime. Again. It’s very normal for her. She has a lot on her plate. She has to wear many hats. She is a director of the company she and her friends founded. And she is the artist of the said company. And she doesn’t only sing, she also writes songs. And produces them. So she’s busy. And tired.

 

She really wants to ignore that strange woman, but she’s only wearing a very thin looking gray dress. And she doesn’t have any shoes on! Seungwan looks down at her own clothes. She has her sensible cardigan on with white shirt underneath. She is wearing black slacks and a little worn out black loafers. A sudden breeze tickles her bare neck since her short black hair doesn’t cover much of her neck. The days are warm since it’s Spring and global warming is real, but nights are still chilly. Too chilly to sleep outside in flimsy clothes.

 

Like everyone who knows her says, Seungwan is too nice for her own good.

 

She slowly approaches the sleeping woman. Her back is facing the singer-songwriter. About two steps away, Seungwan can see the woman’s body trembling like she’s freezing. Now Seungwan is really worried. Why is she shaking so much like it’s Winter? Is she sick? She really needs to wake this woman up.

 

“Um, hello. Miss? Are you all right? Hello?” No response.

 

Seungwan steps closer. Now she is mere inches apart from this strange woman and hovering above the slim figure. She hesitates first, then cautiously lands her hand on the woman’s shoulder. Now the woman’s thick long onyx hair is brushing against her fingers. She can feel the woman’s body warmth through the thin clothes. The dress is really thin. She softly shakes the woman.

 

“Hey, you okay? Are you asleep? It’s not safe. Hello? Wake up, Miss.”

 

The woman finally stirs. Then groans. Then turns her body around to face the owner of the voice.

 

“Wha…?”

 

She seems confused. Disoriented. Young. Younger than her. Maybe three or four years? And she’s frowning. Squinting. The singer now realized there is a street lamp behind her. The woman probably can’t see her face because of the shadows the lamp casts on her. Seungwan turns her body to the side a little so that her face can get more light.

 

“Hey. Are you all right? You seemed like you fell asleep on the bench. Are you hurt somewhere?”

 

The woman listens very intently. Seungwan feels like she became a cult leader and she’s giving sermons or something to the fanatics. Meaning she feels like she is a very important person with the way that woman is laser focused on her. But the frown is gone. Now there is a ghost of a smile.

 

“Hi. No, I don’t think I’m hurt anywhere. I feel fine? Um, I don’t know when I fell asleep. I was very tired so I sat down and a few minutes later… I don’t know. You woke me up.”

 

Her tongue awkwardly stumbled here and there but she eventually found her rhythm, it seems. Seungwan is relieved that she’s not hurt but her worry is not all gone yet. A young woman alone, sleeping and vulnerable on a bench? Who wouldn’t worry? She has to see her home safely.

 

“Can you stand up? Do you have the means to go back home? Want me to call someone for you? A friend or a family?”

 

The woman’s face contorts into a strange smile. Or a grimace. It is in between.

 

“No. I don’t have a home. Or a friend.” A pause. “Or a family.” A pause. “They live far away.”

 

Seungwan’s eyebrows ride up. Then Up. And up. Then slouches back down.

 

“Oh. Um. Okay.” She nervously chuckles. “What do you mean you don’t have a home? Is your home far away too? You should get going soon wherever it is. It’s dark already and it’s not safe.”

 

The face is unchanged. Set. Unreadable. The woman gingerly sits up even though she said she wasn’t hurt. It seems like she still aches. From what Seungwan doesn’t know. The woman just repeats, “I don’t have a home” and leaves it at that. Seungwan’s lost. And she is sure that the woman is lost. Lost her way. Or her memories. Amnesia? Or her money. Robbery? Or her sanity. Not a single theory looks remotely good. Seungwan eyes the woman. She seems nice enough.  Now her teeth are chattering. Seungwan is polite. Too nice for her own good, her friends would surely say when they hear about this. Maybe she won’t tell them about this. They will just nag. She will think about it. First, she has to help.

 

“Do you have a place to stay?”

 

She doesn’t.

 

It’s only natural that Seungwan takes her home. To Seungwan’s own home. Right? The woman doesn’t look crazy. And she is a woman. Not a creepy serial killer-ish man. And although she’s taller than Seungwan, Seungwan can bet that she can beat her if it comes to it. She’s been working out. She’s proud of her muscles. She hopes it doesn’t come to it, though. She really doesn’t like violence. And she doesn’t want to hurt anybody. Espe

Please log in to read the full chapter