END

Captured Grace: A Ballet of Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Dahyun was a child, her hobby was appreciating sceneries that she saw and even using her mother's keypad phone to take pictures of everything she encountered. When she entered high school, her interest in photography increased, and she even learned about the right lighting and editing pictures. Her parents recognized her potential and, as a result, gifted her a Canon D780 when she turned 17. marked the beginning of Dahyun expanding her knowledge in taking pictures, especially as a college student. Despite being known as the photographer at their college for capturing beautiful pictures, Dahyun hadn't found a specific interest or subject to focus on, unlike her peers who had already found theirs. Dahyun desired to have a model she could concentrate on, someone she could say "Eyes on You."

As Dahyun walked through their university as a member of Multimedia, assigned to tour and capture pictures for a publication about university events, clapping hands and the noise of students filled the air. She was assigned to take pictures of everyone in the hall, especially the competitors.

"Finally, the amphitheater," Dahyun mumbled as she wiped her sweat with her Canon D780 hanging from her neck.

Dahyun had a quirk: she believed she could focus on capturing something better if she listened to a song. That's why she wore earphones to avoid distractions from the noise of people inside. As she entered the hall, busy finding a song from her playlist, the sound of a graceful piano playing "Swan Lake" caught her ears. The soft melody made her calm, but she needed to wear her earphones to fully immerse herself in the experience. Plugging one earpad in, she started to roam the hall with ‘Something About You’ by Eyedress and Dent May playing in her ear.

While wearing the other earphone, a sudden flash caught everyone off guard. Dahyun's eyes widened at the sudden attention, and she immediately checked her camera, which had been open all along. Looking at her camera, her eyes widened even more. It was like her eyes would pop out, and a silent gasp escaped her, much like the lyrics of the song she was listening to.

"She looks just like a dream

The prettiest girl I've ever seen

From the cover of a magazine."

Dahyun immediately put her camera down and started looking for the girl her camera had captured. There she spotted a girl in a white dress dancing to "Swan Lake" as if hypnotizing Dahyun. She couldn't take her eyes off her.

"Wow," Dahyun could only mutter. Suddenly, everything around her blurred, and everyone else was not existing. Only the ballerina dancing with incredible elegance remained clear to Dahyun

Dahyun didn't understand why this particular girl had such an effect on her. She had photographed many beautiful girls before, but none had made her feel the way this ballerina did.

Dahyun only snapped back to reality when loud applause and cheers erupted in the hall. She looked at the ballerina, now smiling, and Dahyun's knees weakened. She raised her camera again to capture the moment, her heart beating fast, especially when it looked directly at her camera.

Dahyun's soul felt like it had died

"And here's the performance from the College of Nursing! Thank you, Myoui Mina and Cha Eun Woo!" A loud applause and cheers filled the hall as the two bowed.

"Myoui Mina," Dahyun mumbled. For sure, a hundred percent

"I finally found my subject," Dahyun said before bolting from the place with a smile on her face.

 

It's been weeks since that event happened, and Dahyun never saw Mina again in person, but despite that, she was glad that many people liked the picture that Dahyun captured, and that's how Dahyun found Mina's social media account, and for Dahyun, Mina might be her happy crush. 

"A happy crush wouldn't hurt, right?"

Dahyun shakes her head off as she remembers she was at the library trying to focus on drawing her plate that needs to be passed next week. Being an architecture student was pain in the , but Dahyun was willing to be pain in the just to claim the architect before her name.

Dahyun was busy while humming to ‘Aphrodite’ by the Ridleys,slowly banging her head.

You gave me one look and now I can't get my mind off of you
And it's all because 

Dahyun sings when a scent of jasmine lingers at her nose. She quickly snaps her head and sees someone sit in front of her.

I see the galaxies when I look in your eyes and I
Can't speak no I
Can't speak at all
I swear to Zeus you're Aphrodite in disguise
Don't think that you can hide it from me

Dahyun exe stopped functioning as she saw Mina in front of her.

"ing Mina was in front of me," Dahyun mumbles, and she swears she hears Mina chuckles, who is now smiling at her. Dahyun could not function as the song was connected to what she felt right now.

"Hi!" Mina greets her.

"Hello," Dahyun stutters, and Dahyun wants to curse and dig herself for stuttering in front of Mina before removing her earphone and giving her attention to Mina.

"Uh, I was wondering, do you need something or is this your place?" Dahyunn asks the Japanese, who chuckles at her.

"Sorry to bother you."

"NO, YOU ARE NOT A BOTHER," Dahyun says before bowing in shame as she remembers that she was in the library.

"You are cute," Mina says while looking at Dahyun, who is blushing and wanting to bury herself.

Mina crosses her legs elegancy before placing her arm resting on her chin. She stares at Dahyun.

"You," Mina answers.

"Me?" Dahyun sweats about Mina thinking of her as creepy.

"Yes, I've been finding you since last week."

"Youve been what?" Dahyun eyes wide, her mind was thinking other things, and Mina was unpredictable.

"I've been finding the girl who accidentally flashed her camera while I was dancing and also gave me more confidence while you looked at me."

Dahyun began to shake, thinking about what Mina meant.

"I wanted to know you, which is why here I am in front of you wanting to know your name," Mina smiles, showing her gummy smiles, which Dahyun got infected with.

"Dahyun, Kim Dahyun of Architecture," Dahyun says, raising her hands. Heck, Dahyun thinks she wouldn't let this pass, especially since Mina was the first one initiating

"Mina, Myoui Mina from nursing," a shake of hands starts the bloom of friendship.

That day ended very well for both Mina and Dahyun, as they found their differences and how they both chose their courses. On the other side, Dahyun tells Mina how she became into photography and how she likes every shot that she needs to take.

"So can I be your model?" a question of Mina made Dahyun's mouth widen, thinking how Mina was so straightforward, and yet at the end, Dahyun nodded her head with a smile. Before that day ended, Dahyun mumbled as she took a picture of Mina in a stolen

"Eyes on you, Mina."

Everything went fast for Mina and Dahyun. Last time, both were strangers and didn't know each other, and the accidental captures were their first interaction, and here they are being friends. It's been months since the library opened, and here they are at Mina's dorm while building up the Lego sets that they bought last time.

Dahyun could only shake her head before looking at Mina, who was busy building her Lego. Dahyun decided to play a random song on her Spotify before sitting beside Mina while 'Just Because’ by MRLD plays both humming and even singing.

We can do the things that you always wanted
Make it possible there’s nothing that can stop it

Dahyun continued to build when a sudden lyric made her stop doing

We can bake and judge on who’s the best
We can build your favorite Lego set

Dahyun shakes her head, thinking everything that happens with Mina is nothing. Dahyun always talks to her head, saying that Mina is only her happy crush, but she doesn't want to take advantage of it for being friends with her. Dahyun didn't even know if Mina was into girls because all Dahyun wanted was for Mina to be by her side.

Dahyun looks at the Lego that she is building. It seems to be in half-progress. Dahyun always hates Legos since she always steps on them, and here she is building a Lego with Mina.

"Hey, Dahyun!" Mina called Dahyun, who looked at her.

"You mentioned before that you know how to play the piano, right?" Dahyun hummed.

"Can you play?" Dahyun hesitates, but with the looks of Mina, she sighs.

"Okay" 

Dahyun was indeed whipped, and the last thing she hears is the yes of Mina before pulling her at the piano.

Dahyun starts touching the keys, feeling their softness, before singing the continuation of 'Just Because'

If you need a lover
I’ll be a call away
‘Cause baby I love, I love, I love
To love you everyday
Simply just because

Mina stares at her fondly and is amazed at Dahyun's voice. She thought the latter would only play the piano, but instead Dahyun plays the piano while singing.

And you know that music’s what I do
And all my songs are written just for you
You’re the ballerina in my jukebox
Spinning like the muse I always dream of

Dahyun stops playing the piano before looking at Mina.

"And, that's enough. Im already shy, Dahyun says, avoiding the sudden whip of air. It's not uncomfortable, but something.

"Such a great voice," Mina says, trying to ignore the feeling that she was feeling.

"You flatter me much, Myoui.”

Mina giggles before clinging to Dahyun, who just chuckles. Both hearts beat fast, but in a good way, ignoring the air shift after playing the piano.

After that happens, the two become even closer; it's like being in between friends or lovers, but despite that, no one decides to open it.

Dahyun harshly put her teloscopic at her back before removing the stand of her bike. Well, who wouldn't get mad? It was already late, and she needed to feed her dog.

"That bastard, why did he even work overtime now that I'm late?" Dahyun pedals her bike as she was humming, thinking to that person.

"Speaking of,”Dahyun mumbles before slowly pedaling her bike.

"Why are you here late?" Dahyun stops in front of Mina, who was startled at the sudden speech.

"Gosh, Dahyun, you scared me," Mina chuckles.

"I'm going to dorm," Mina says, making Dahyun's forehead crease.

"Are you waiting for someone? It's already late," Dahyun asks as she looks at her wrist watch.

"I'm waiting for a bus," Mina shyly answers.

"It's already late; let me take you home if you want to hop on my bike,Dahyun shyly says, scratching her neck.

"I won't mind," Mina smiles before sitting at the back and envoloping her arms around Dahyun.

"Are you ready, Ms. Myoui?" Dahyun says before sticking her tongue.

"I'm always ready," Dahyun says, starting to pedal her bike while humming to a song ‘Country road’ by Yuji Nomi.

I dreamed of living alone but fearless,

Secret longing to be courageous,

lonliness kept bottled up inside,

Just reveal your brave face they’ll

never know you lied.

Dahyun starts to sing while Mina tightens her hold on Dahyun.

Country road may lead me home,

Know i belong there all on my own

destiny calls, motionless I stall,

no I can’t go,

Country road.

Mina didn't know that she was already singing along with Dahyun.

No matter how dark the world’s inside me

 I’ll never stop to show a tears that I’ve shed, but now

 I have to walk so fast, running, sprinting to forget

what is lodged in my head.

country Road, may lead me home, know I belong

 there all on my own.

Both Mina and Dahyun sing with a big smile, and at the exact end, they both end at the front of Mina's dorm.

"And here we are." Dahyun pulled the brake while Mina stood, both smiling at each other.

"Thank you for taking me home, Dahyun, Mina says.

"You are welcome, Mina! Dahyun is at your service," Dahyun says as she playsfully salutes Mina.

There is no awkwardness or comfort, but when will it last?

sports event right now at their university, and this is the event that everyone was waiting to happen because it will be a battle of every college, and one of the players that were playing is Dahyun, who is now playing softball against Pyschology.

And here is Mina, along with Lisa and Jennie, sitting at the bench.

"Wow, I can't believe myoui that you will be watching here while the sun is st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter