Finale

One of these nights
Please log in to read the full chapter

Night with its endless beauty drew Joohyun in.

 

The darkness wasn't ominous to the young woman.  It was her closest friend, one to whom she could tell the deep buried secrets.

 

While gazing at the window, Joohyun allowed herself to get lost in the sea of imagination. 

 

There it was, near the moon.

 

Her utopia where her family was waiting for the grand return.

 

“One of these nights we will meet again.” A small river of tears streamed down Joohyun's pale cheeks. 

 

She didn't mind crying, it was just another habit of her's. An invisible  splash in the sea.

 

Despite the harsh waves that threw Joohyun around mercilessly, there was a lifebuoy, holding her afloat.

 

The girl with chestnut brown hair and honey warm irises was Joohyun's only companion.

 

Their paths might have  collided due to unfortunate circumstances but none of it was Seulgi's fault.

 

The silent weeping came to an abrupt halt once the girl opened her half lidded eyelids. 

 

They might not look that far apart in age appearance wise. Truth to be told, there was a centuries old, dusty barrier separating the pair.

 

“Did you have a bad dream?” Was Joohyun's first assumption.

 

“I just woke up from a dream. “ Seulgi answered nonchalantly, eyes glued to the window, the portal to another world.

 

“Can you see it?” Noticing that her girlfriend didn't get the idea, Seulgi pointed to a small, almost invisible dot in the huge sky.

 

“There is a sad, lonely star in the dark sky,” once words spilled past Seulgi's heart shaped lips, Joohyun saw it, too.

 

It was smaller than her counterparts, twinkling strangely,  as if sending out a secret code.


 

Precipitously, the glass shattered with a crescendo style note.

 

Cool air invited itself inside, playing with their hair and letting crescent red roses bloom on their cheeks.

 

Only Joohyun could hear its voice. 

 

Softly, she touched the wooden frame as if saying goodbye for one last time.

 

With one gracious jump she was almost out of the window, holding to the edges as if her life depended on it.

 

Seulgi had a feeling she should intervene- scream, shout, turn the room upside down.

Please log in to read the full chapter