00. Prologue

Cobra's World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Those endless night rides through the empty streets... 

Late nights...

Blury lights...



“Wrap it up, guys!” 

Baekhyun said, clapping his hands, before turning on his heels and exiting the hangar. 

“You heard him, boys! Wrap it up!” 

Those were the last words Baekhyun heard as he got into his car and drove off. The sound of the raindrops hitting against the car echoed as the wipers wooshed from one side to the other. Baekhyun's eyes focused on the road in front of him as he turned the left blinker on and took a left turn. 

“Rain, rain go away.”

“Come again another day.”

The chanting rang through his ears as he hummed the tune. Even as a child, he loved the sound of rain. Some people feel gloomy when it rains, but Baekhyun is rather cheerful and energized. Or so he used to be. 

***

“She didn't make it. I'm  sorry.”

Baekhyun stared at the doctor in disbelief. “But you… you said…”

“At the time it seemed that she would make it,” The doctor sighed. “The wound was too deep and we lost both her and the baby.

“Baby?”

“Yes, your girlfriend was pregnant.

He walked towards the doctor. “Save them...there must be something you can do...”

“Hyung...” 

“Let go of me.”

The doctor sighed. “I am sorry, sir...we did everything we could.”

The male bypassed him leaving Baekhyun to stare in one spot. He slid against the wall. 

“We need you, Hyung...You can’t give up..”

“Baekhyun,” Areum said. 

He closed his eyes. “Areum take them outside. I need to be alone… I can’t talk.”

Areum sighed but nodded. “Let's go.”

***

It was a rainy night, just like tonight. The death of his girlfriend happened a year before Nari’s death. That's why he understood their pain. Through their pain, he managed to forget about his. Helping others helped him.

***

“Who is there?” 

Baekhyun walked out of the shadows. “You know me...Athena.”

Areum looked at him. “Athena?”

“Do you want a second chance?” He said calmly. 

“For what? Out with it!”

“To avenge. Do you want them to fear you?”

“I want them to pay!” 

He smiled crookedly. “Then you must blend in. You must act.”

“ that!” She roared. “Where are they?!”

“With that attitude, you won’t get them. You must be more patient. You need to learn about them and their mind, get inside their head. That’s the only way.”

“And then they are mine?”

“Yes. You have to weaken them entirely. Do you know what that means?”

“Yes. I have never wanted anything in my life the way I want this.”

Baekhyun looked at her and smiled. “Enter in their circle, in their dirty mind, and find what they hold dear and attack them with it. Little by little until they can’t take it anymore. But you must know… you need to forget about the life you lived.”

“Everything?”

He looked at her. “You are resurrected like in the movie Raven. But you are gonna be a faceless warrior. Boogeywoman.” he said, giving her a piece of paper, “Meet this person, I think you’ll find him...interesting to cooperate with.”

“Thank you, Cobra.”

“Thank me, at the end.” He said, before placing a single rose on Nari’s grave, along with his cross. “It belonged to my father. Since I don’t believe in God… perhaps your sister may be protected...”

***

He knew what pain meant, so he understood Sehun as well. The latter lost his fiance, and it’s the most hurtful thing.

***

“The wound will always be there,” Baekhyun spoke.

Sehun closed his eyes. “What do you want?” He said before taking soju. 

Baekhyun stopped him. “You hid for far too long, Oh. Jinri can’t take all the work on herself. She covers for you...”

“If you come to preach--”

“I know exactly what you feel. You think I don’t want Eunwoo to be here with my child? I do! More than anything. Do you think Nari wanted to be dead? Do you think she’d love seeing you destroying yourself? You are letting Raven win.”

“He won’t win!” Sehun slammed his fists on the table.

“Then wake up. Areum told you the same.”

“Re...does she know?”

“That you turned into a drunkard? Oh no. But someone else did...Lay is here.” 

Sehun bit his lip. “Okay...”

“He is pretty angry,” he hummed. “But Areum does want to talk to you.”

“So he is collecting me to talk to her right now?” He gulped. 

“She is in the car.”

. “Okay...I’ll...best to go.”

“First go to the restroom and fix that hair, Oh. You look like a cow chewed you in and out.”

***

He had an understanding of everyone’s pain. In the end, they all got their happily ever after. He is happy that she finally is smiling. Chanyeol kept her in good spirits and so did their twins. And Sehun and Hana too. Even the other crazy idiots. A shock came when Kyungsoo began dating after Areum’s wedding. The male dated Areum’s former colleague and the two...strangely matched together. 

And Baekhyun? He is a mystery. 

Let's just say that he considered himself unlucky.
 


“What are your plans for the rest of the evening?” Ara asked her.

Christine shrugged. “Sleep, eat. Why? You want to go on a date?” She teased the latter. 

Ara laughed. “Very funny, Kim. Very funny. No, I am just asking.”

“Nothing special, I may just stay here and work.” She replied. “I have nothing smarter anyway...” 

Ara smirked as she drew her chair close. “‘Ah, Baek...why are you not returning my love? Oh...where thou are you?’”

Christine flushed and hit the latter’s shoulder. “Yah! What the hell, Ara?!”

“Oh my...you are red like a tomato! Look at you!” 

Christine huffed. “I am not! It’s your fault!”

Ara rolled her eyes. “Just ask him out.”

Christine narrowed her eyes. “He is a man! He should be the one asking me! I have dignity and pride!” She huffed. “You and Areum love to tease me!”

“We sincerely care for you. I mean Baekhyun could have another.”

“Ara.”

“Yes, my darling.” She winked. “Unfortunately I have to babysit chipmunks.” 

“Yah! Nari and Jihoon won’t save you next time!” 

“Did you know Baek has a dog?”

Christine lowered her guard. “Yeah? Really?”

“Oh yes. The same one you got. But Ara...Hana said something...”

“What?”

“Don’t be a fool for men, let men be a fool for you. Act cold.” 

“I can’t control how I’ll act...”

“Nonsense. We are agents and we do acting. I told you how Athena acted when Hana disc--”

“Yes, yes, you chirped about it all the time. I’ll...try. Acting...” She trailed off. 

The doors slid open and to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter