Final

Flower

“I’m getting married, oppa.” Winter, Taemin’s little sister said on the phone.

“Why are you telling me this?” 

“Because you are my one and only older brother?” It did sound more like a question.

“From a different mother, yes.” 

 

Taemin never really liked his father for hurting his mother. Mr. Lee left his mother when Taemin was a kid. His father met someone he loved more than Taemin’s mother. He chose the second love.

 

Taemin and Winter weren’t close, but Winter wished he could at least be there when she tie the knot.

 

“Can you be a good older brother just this once? Who will walk me down the aisle if it’s not you?” Winter didn’t hear any answer, “please, Taemin oppa?” She whined and Taemin sighed in defeat.

 

“When is it?”

 

It was a good start for their relationship. Winter started to talk about this guy she was going to marry. She told Taemin how in love she was and she knew her lover felt the same.

 

Taemin didn’t hate it. Winter was in fact very cute. She tried so hard to maintain this brother sister thing. She even tried to convince Taemin to work in Korea, and live with her. Well, the house was actually given by their father. 

 

Taemin loved his life in Berlin. He moved and worked there to find a better future, but he then fell in love not only with the city, but also with one of the gentleman lived there.

 

It was Kai who made Taemin settle happily in Germany. They have been living together for a while. 

 

“Are you finally flying home?” Kai fed Taemin a croissant from their favourite place.

“Yeah. I promised her.”

“I’ll go with you.”

“What about work?”

“Remote.”

 

Taemin insisted to stay at a hotel and refused to be picked up by Winter. He was with Kai anyway and they would never get lost in their own home country.

 

The marriage would be held in three days. Enough time for Taemin and Kai to rest. 

 

“We are not even that close, but why am I nervous about her marriage?” Taemin was having meat, he has been craving for years now.

 

“Why?” Kai wiped the sweat on Taemin’s face after finishing his second serving.

 

“Because of things I witnessed to my parents. I just think, maybe marriage is not for everyone.” Taemin stared blankly.

 

***

 

Winter ran to hug his brother as soon as he came.

 

“Thanks for coming.” Winter whispered right in Taemin’s ear.

“I’m happy for you, sister.” Winter giggled to hear how Taemin address her as sister.

“Now that you have long hair, we look much like twins.” Winter giggled again, combing Taemin’s two toned hair.

 

It felt somewhat natural for the two of them, just like any other siblings. Winter looked vissibly happy and very pretty.

 

Kai who was only watching, finally had the perfect timing to introduce himself as Taemin’s boyfriend. Winter exchanged glances with Taemin, smiled teasingly. She admitted that her brother did have a good taste.

 

Taemin went to the toilet, leaving Kai and Winter. He was surprised to see the familiar face. He was sure Winter sent him a photo of this guy once. 

 

“Are you Minho?” Taemin washed his hands next to the guy.

“Yes, I am.” Smiled.

“I heard you are 8 years older than my sister.” They locked eyes in the mirror.

Hearing that, Minho’s eyes could’t hide his surprised face, upon hearing the cold tone.

 

 

“I believe, age is just number. So you are Winter’s older brother?”

“Meaning you are even older than me.” Taemin ignored Minho’s question.

“I guess yes.” Minho wiped his hands.

 

“Listen, I just wanna say, if you ing hurt her, I will make sure to mutilate your ing , so you can’t ing anyone else and live the rest of your life in despair until you face the most painful death.” Taemin leaned closer, pointed his finger to the soon to be brother in law guy, eyes sent super cold stare that made the other flinch a little, “you understand?”

 

“Yes, of course. I will never hurt her.” Taemin’s face softened hearing that, pulled back to see his own reflection in the mirror.

 

“Very well. Nice to meet you, then.” Taemin pulled his hair in a low bun. The sight made Minho for some reason couldn’t look away, as Taemin looked so stunningly beautiful. It was odd to see a man that gorgeous. Taemin was Winter’s brother anyway. They obviously shared the beauty gene.

 

“What are you looking at?” 

“Oh, sorry.” Minho stuttered, didn’t realize he was kind of staring. 

“So, Minho just don’t tell Winter about this conversation. And hope we get along well.” They shaked hands and Taemin left first.

 

Minho chuckled at how cute Taemin was.

 

Taemin felt really strange as he walked Winter down the aisle. That was his first time to do this. He was not sure if he should let go of Winter to take her first step to enter the marriage life. The girl was the definition of innocence and super kind human being. Taemin was worried sick. But when she squeezed his hand, tried to tell him that it was going to be totally fine, he couldn’t do anything but wish her a happy life. He smiled and kissed her cheek. It was a little gesture but showed how much he loved her sister. 

 

He knew that life didn’t treat her good either, especially her mother. Their father was a coward, never showed up after Winter’s mother passed. Taemin and Winter didn’t even know why the hell he disappeared like that. Both Taemin and Winter didn’t have a good memory of their father.

 

“Are you ok?” Kai took Taemin’s hand in his.

“Yes.”

 

Taemin was forced to stay in Winter’s house, while he was in Seoul. He couldn’t refuse, because Winter even postponed her honeymoon and chose to spend times with Taemin instead. 

 

Kai couldn’t stay longer because of his work. He left with a “don’t you even think about cheating on me just because I’m away, you hear me?” and a sweet yet hard kiss. 

 

Taemin unexpectedly enjoyed his stay. His brotherly nature suddenly activated whenever Winter was around. 

 

Minho was a chef in the house. He followed the recipe and most of his foods were delicious. 

 

“This is so good, Minho.” Taemin praised him with wide eyes. He hummed in delight.

 

“Glad you like it.” Minho said.

“I told Minho oppa that you like meat. That’s why he cooked all of this for you.”

“Really? Thank you so much. That’s sweet.” Taemin swallowed his meat.

 

The dinner was warm and cozy. Winter talked about her first impression of Taemin. She said that she was a little upset that Taemin looked prettier than her. Taemin just laughed it off.

 

She then continued how she met Minho, chased him,  and confessed to him countless times. She didn’t know who she saved in her previous life to deserve such a fine man like Minho. Minho giggling and smiling with his eyes.

 

Winter was so in love. And Minho showered her with kisses on the cheek and on the hand. It made Taemin cringe but he was glad that Winter was happy.

 

“I’ll do the dishes.” Taemin said, “both of you can go and do whatever you want.” Taemin smirked teasingly.

 

“We are not doing anything.” Winter was blushing, face totally red. Minho laughed loudly.

 

“You can rest, Tae. You are our guest. I will handle this.” Minho gulped down his remaining drink.

 

That night felt hot. Taemin changed his clothes to a sleeveless top and shorts. He needed a can of cold beer or something.

 

He went to the kitchen, only to find Minho still cleaning stuffs. 

“Hey.” Minho turned to Taemin, who walked passing him.

“You are not done yet?” Taemin opened the fridge.

“Now I’m done.” Minho wiped his wet hands.

“Ok. Good night then.” Taemin walked passing him again. Minho found himself watching him until he disappear to the bedroom. Well, Taemin smelled nice and his skin looked soft.

 

Minho joined Winter on the bed without thinking too much about Taemin in his sleeveless top and hair tied high, exposing his neck.

 

***

 

It was only the fifth night when Kai called Taemin again, begging Taemin to fly back to Germany. Kai missed him so much. 

 

“Oh I miss you too, babe. I just can’t leave too early, because you know I might not visit Korea in years. So please understand.” Taemin waved his hand to Minho and Winter who were watching TV.

 

“I can’t stand this. I even had a freaking wet dream like a school boy in a freaking puberty.” Kai frustrated. Taemin laughed hard.

 

After a long nagging of Kai, Taemin finally hang up with a “Oh sorry, honey. You know I love you too.”

 

It was the end of the week. Winter dragged Taemin to the beach. Taemin hated sweats. The moment he realized how hot the weather was, he instantly regretted to come along. Taemin watched Minho and Winter played with water, while he was just munching ice cube alone. 

 

“May I have a seat?” There came a stranger out of nowhere.

“Sure, in this beach you can sit anywhere you want.” Taemin sounded sarcastic, took a glance at the manly face. The other guy just chuckled.

“Are you alone?”

“I’m not.” 

 

The look that guy gave Taemin made Taemin uncomfortable. Like he tried to strip him from his clothes. 

 

Taemin knew where this conversation was heading. He wanted to let the guy know that he was not interested in whatever it was.

 

“I’m TOP by the way.” Taemin laughed at the weird name. When Taemin moved even a little, you could see a flash of milky skin under the white crop sleeveless tee. The TOP guy was totally aware if that. 

 

“Sorry. That name of yours is rare.” 

“Yeah, I hear that a lot.” Taemin chew his ice cube again.

“It’s my birthday today.” TOP said.

“Happy birthday.” Taemin didn’t even turn to see his face.

“Thanks and I’m having a birthday party tonight, maybe you can come to congratulate me properly.”

“I will be very busy tonight. Sorry.”

 

Taemin saw Minho walked towards him, Winter followed from behind. 

 

”Hi. What’s wrong, Tae?”

“Nothing. I just got a birthday party invitation.” Taemin showed Minho a tiny paper with TOP’s number on it.

“Sorry but he is with me.” Minho said suddenly, claimed the place right next to Taemin. TOP widened his eyes, saying a quite ‘oh’. Taemin looked amused by how TOP reacted. 

“Just call me, in case you change your mind.” TOP left.

 

Winter joined her two oppas.

“You walked really fast, oppa.” She complained to Minho.

“Sorry.” Minho smiled.

 

Seafood ramyeon for dinner was the best. Taemin was going to miss this. Korean food indeed the tastiest.

 

Taemin was so focused on his foods and Winter was focused on Minho’s face.

“Oh so handsome.” She said after watching Minho gulped his soju. “Don’t you think I’m lucky, oppa?” She turned to Taemin.

 

“Of course, you are.” Taemin couldn’t agree more, he nodded.

“He can be an actor or model or anything that require look, I swear.” Winter said again.

“You sure have big eyes and small face, Minho.” Taemin observed the face. “Like a bug.” Minho and Winter burst out laughing at the funniest comparison.

 

Taemin digging his bag and still couldn’t find his airpod. If he lost it again, this marked his 5th airpod that went missing. He let out a sigh, telling Winter and Minho how unbelievably forgetful he was. 

 

“I’ll buy you one as a gift before you leave, Tae.” Minho replied. Winter showed the most genuinely surprised face at Minho.

 

“For real? Thank you so much.” 

“Oh my goodness. Did I hear it right?” Winter still in so much shocked.

“What?” Taemin asked in confusion.

“I mean, the very stingy Minho oppa just offered Taemin oppa an airpod as a gift?” Minho laughed to hear that.

“Taemin is your brother, honey. Of course I should do that much.” Minho ruffled Winter’s hair.

 

***

 

When Minho and Winter asked Taemin to visit Minho’s parents, Taemin obviously refused. He chose to stay at home. 

 

However when Minho and Winter came, Taemin was nowhere to be found. Minho called him, but no answer. Winter told Minho that Taemin was an adult and no need to worry about him. Minho said it was already too late, and they probably should call the police. Winter told him to wait for a couple more hours.

 

When Taemin called Winter, she answered right away. It was already 2 am. Turned out it was a call from a bartender, informing that Taemin passed out after too much drinking. Minho rushed to pick him up.

 

Minho dragged Taemin to the car, ignoring how good he looked with soft make up and red blush under his eyes. 

 

“Gosh, Tae. How much did you drink?” Minho pulled Taemin and laid him on the bed. The house was so quite. Minho was sure Winter already deep in her sleep.

 

Minho was about to take off Taemin’s leather jacket. But he stopped when he saw a net underneath. Taemin’s chest went up and down as he breathed evenly from his slightly open mouth. 

 

Minho pushed Taemin’s messy bang that covered his eyes. Minho flinched when Taemin moved his head a little, turned to the other side. 

 

Minho chuckled at how ridiculously beautiful this man looked. The luckiest guy alive Kai was.

 

Before he knew it, Minho already leaned to the sleeping guy. Minho muttered a “I must be going crazy” before capturing the pink lips. Taemin turned his head, escaping from the kiss. Minho chuckled but held his face to make him stay, kissing him again. Taemin tasted bitter sweet like alcohol. 

 

Taemin instinctively kissed Minho back, surprising the other. He must be dreaming. Hence, Minho loved it. The kiss was short and sweet. Taemin looked so edible that he couldn’t resist to nibble the spot under his chin.

 

But then Minho suddenly stopped all his movement. He slapped himself hard. “The am I doing.” 

 

Taemin shifted in his sleep, curled up like a ball. Minho left, slammed the door behind him. That was dangerous. And he was totally embarrassed for taking advantage out of the sleeping guy.

 

He entered his own bedroom, lift up the blanket that covering Winter’s small figure. He hugged his wife from behind, burying his face on Winter’s nape.

 

“You are home?” Winter whispered.

“Yes.”

“Is Taemin oppa alright?”

“Yes.”

 

***

“Ugh my head hurts so bad.” Taemin got out of bed to find water.

 

Winter walked towards him with horror in her face.

“Oppa, oh my God.”

“What?” Taemin stopped walking.

“Why are you marked?” Winter almost screamed.

 

Taemin then used his camera phone as a mirror. And bloody hell, his sister was right. There was a purple kiss mark under his chin. 

 

“What the… This is not happening. Aaarrrgh.” Taemin was more than angry to himself. He was always a light drinker. He got drunk after a few glasses of the lightest alcohol existed. Worst was that he never remembered what exactly happened.

 

“Oppa, you shouldn’t have drink, really.” 

“I know. Now Kai will kill me if he knows.”

 

Taemin having a spicy hangover ramyeon. Minho was especially quite today. He took multiple glances to the messy haired man across him. He wanted to punch himself for doing such an immoral thing to Taemin.

 

Winter noticed the restless and uncomfortable look on Minho’s face.

“Everything ok?”

“Yes, honey.”

 

Minho finished eating quickly. He couldn’t handle being in the same table with Taemin. He kept replaying last night incident inside his head. He was going insane.

 

Minho told Winter not to wait for dinner. He had a meeting tonight. That was an excuse obviously. He needed to clear his head.

 

After dinner Taemin also went out to meet his friend. Stupid was, when Taemin found Minho drinking alone in the club.

 

“What is a married man doing in a place like this, Minho?” Taemin took a seat right beside Minho.

 

“Taemin? What are you doing here?” Minho reacted as if he saw a ghost.

“I’m with my friend. There.” Taemin pointed his finger at Jinki in a corner. “What about you?”

 

Minho didn’t answer. Taemin sighed.

“Something happened between you and my sister?”

“Something happened to me.”

 

Taemin asked the bartender to give him a glass of beer. 

“I have never done this but It’s on the house.” the bartender said with a flirty smile. Minho unconsciously gave him a deadly glare.

“Thanks.” Taemin said.

 

“So what happened, Minho? Tell me, I’ll listen.” 

Minho didn’t have a courage to tell him anything. He finished his remaining drink.

 

“It’s complicated, Tae. I can’t tell you. I’ll just get over this myself.” 

Taemin furrowed his brows. What exactly happened to Minho? He didn’t force him to speak.

 

“If it involves your marriage life with Winter, just remember how you promised me, you will never hurt her. Or I will kill you.” 

No answer.

 

“Listen, if you don’t have anything to talk about, I’ll just go back to my friend.” Taemin got up from his seat, but Minho grabbed his wrist.

 

“Tae, I…” Minho looked at his eyes deeply but words were stuck and came out as a frustrating growl. “Nothing.”

 

“If you are ready to talk, I’ll still listen. Don’t drink too much, Minho. And just go home already. Winter must be worried.” 

 

When Minho didn’t let go of Taemin’s wrist, Taemin used his other hand to loosen the tight grip. 

 

***

Minho uncharacteristically became more and more quite. Winter noticed the changes. 

 

Life was not easy for Minho. He couldn’t forget that incident. His heart acted in a weird way, especially when he saw Taemin. He felt sorry to Winter, but that was not something he could control.

 

Tonight was the hardest night. Minho couldn’t sleep. He was restless, knowing that this was the last night Taemin stayed in that house. 

 

Was it 4 am? He came out of the bedroom. For the first time in years he smoke again.

 

“Minho?” Taemin fixed his hair tie. What a great timing. “Are you smoking?”. 

“I am, why do you care?” Minho sounded rather annoyed. Taemin was surprised to hear the tone.

 

“Why are you so sensitive? I just need this.” Taemin lifted up a bottle of water. Taemin flopped on a sofa in the living room, trying to call Kai.

 

Minho threw his cigarette, followed him with another bottle of water. Taemin put down his phone. Kai didn’t answer the call.

 

Taemin opened the lid of his water bottle when the phone ringing. He was about to answer the call. But Minho grabbed his phone and rejected it.

 

“What the?” Taemin almost cursed.

“Sorry. But really, call him later, I need to talk.” Minho put Taemin’s phone in to his pocket.

 

Taemin didnt respond for a second. He was confused. 

“What is it?” He drank his water. 

“Firstly please just listen to me. You have the right to be mad. You can hit me or slap me, I don’t care. But please just listen to me first.” 

Taemin answered with a quite and unsure ‘ok’.

 

“I feel the need to tell you this, because I don’t know what to do anymore. It just keep repeating in my head. I must be crazy, I know. I was so stupid and couldn’t even control myself. I tried to avoid you but I couldn’t. I hate myself. It’s disgusting. I deserve to die. Please, I don’t know, Tae. I just don’t know.”Minho talked really fast. Too much emotions, he was breathless and tired.

 

“Minho, calm down. I don’t understand. What are you talking about?” The man before him looked like a mess for the past few days, and he looked even messier now.

 

“I kissed you. I marked you. And I can’t get you out of my ing head, from my ing heart. I’m so sorry.” Minho buried his face on both of his palms.

 

Taemin’s mouth wide open, eyes widened in disbelief. He froze, unable to move. They both stayed like that for a long time.

 

Taemin phone was ringing again inside Minho’s pocket like an alarm to both of us. 

 

“Give me my phone.” Taemin’s voice as cold as night in December. Minho didn’t refuse. He did give Taemin’s phone back. His hand brushed Taemin’s slightly. Yet he felt his heart racing only from the 0,1 second touch. 

 

“Hello, Kai.” Taemin answered the call and left Minho alone, in love and broken.

 

***

 

Minho went back to the bedroom, found Winter still sleeping soundly, like a baby. Minho kissed her forehead lovingly. 

 

Minho felt sorry. Even when he held his wife like this, the thought of Taemin distracted him. It was so wrong. And he didn’t know how to make everything right again.

 

Taemin avoided Minho just like Minho avoided him. It was the day he fly back to Germany. Winter was with him in the airport. She gave him a lot of Korean foods, his brother might miss. 

 

“Thanks, sis.” Taemin ruffled Winter’s fluffy hair.

“And this is from Minho oppa. He said he can’t see you today, because he kind of busy. He wishes you a safe flight.” It was an air-pod Minho promised him the other day. Taemin stared at it before taking it from Winter.

“Tell him, thank you.” 

 

Taemin went to the toilet before check in. He kissed Winter on the cheek and told her to go home. He didn’t want his sister to feel tired, it was night time anyway. 

 

Taemin sent a text to Kai, telling him his flight schedule, just in case he forgot. He was so focused on his phone, he almost jumped when a pair of bigger hands all of sudden wrapped around his wait from behind.

 

“What the .” Taemin saw the man’s reflection in the mirror in front of him. “Minho. Let me go.” Taemin was struggling to escape.

 

“Can you please just stay for a moment? Just…just…let me hug you this once. Please.” Minho whispered. 

 

Taemin let out a loud and heavy sigh. “Minho, this is so wrong.”

 

“I know. But please, just once. Please.” Taemin then let him. He felt Minho’s face on his nape. Heartbeat was really fast on his back. 

 

Minho wanted to remember him as a beautiful soul, a beautiful feeling. Minho’s action towards him was spontaneously wrong, but he didn’t regret it. It was his feeing that pushed him to do so. He understood that he should stop. That was exactly what he was going to do. Only after the hug he has been dreaming and waiting for.

 

When Minho finally let go, Taemin didn’t turn to see him. He only talked to Minho’s reflection. 

 

“Minho. This is wrong.” Taemin repeated himself.

“I’m sorry, Tae.” Minho smiled painfully. “I’m really sorry.”

 

Taemin furrowed his brows and decided to turn to Minho. They locked eyes.

“Minho, do you love Winter?”

“I do.” 

 

“That’s it then. I forgive you. And nothing ever happened between us. Let’s forget it and be family.” Taemin flashed a smile that made Minho fall for him again, except that Minho kept it for himself. 

 

“Come here.” Taemin hugged him and Minho hugged back, didn’t want to let go, but he still did. 

“Are you going now?” Minho stared at Taemin’s reflection, who was putting on a beanie. Taemin was aware of the stare.

 

“Yes. I’ll see you next time.” Taemin squeezed Minho’s hand and ready to leave. “And Minho, seriously, I know I’m cute and handsome and gorgeous, I hear that a lot. But please stop staring.” 

 

Taemin smiled teasingly and Minho was red, embarrassed for getting caught. “Anyway, bye Minho. Thanks for this.” Taemin showed the air-pod.

 

Minho said ‘bye’ to the person, to the love, and to the memories. He didn’t know what will happen if they meet again. But for now he only wanted to be a good husband for Winter. 

 

Taemin, if he had to explain, was a flower. The flower that already blossomed in Minho’s heart. But funny was, people always fall for someone they can’t have.