- I -

oneshot
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin and Minjeong had always been friends, since Minjeong moved into Jimin's neighborhood at 4.

Jimin was 5 at that time but their chemistry had always been strong. They befriended each other instantly, with just a lock of their gazes.

Jimin first met Minjeong in kindergarten. She was one year older, but during recess the kids were all playing around in the playground.

When she laid eyes on the little quiet girl, her daily goal, instead of making the class bully cry, has turned into meeting and talking to that delicate little girl that was playing alone on the swing.

When Minjeong saw Jimin approaching, her first thought was to run (she wasn't used to other kids approaching her and was kinda scared [now she would tell you she wasn't though]).

But when she saw the little big girl smiling with a missing tooth on the front all the fear she had vanished and they became the bestest friends.

They grew up together, always one beside the other. They knew everything about each other.

Minjeong knew Jimin had a crush on one of her classmates, Jeno, from 11 to 12, but was too scared to confess. Eventually all the feelings went away.

(Minjeong was a bit relieved to hear that).

 

Jimin on the other hand knew that Minjeong always fancied girls instead of boys. Always saying that one of her girl classmates was really pretty, but she was too shy to approach her.

Jimin always tried to encourage her to talk to her but Minjeong never succeeded, running away before she could reach her.

At 14 and 15 they had one of their biggest fights.

Jimin's boyfriend invited her to his home. They would've been alone and he was almost 18.

Minjeong warned her, saying that maybe the boy's idea was to touch her and go beyond the usual kiss. But Jimin didn't listen to her

"What if maybe he actually does it? For me it would not be a problem" Jimin replied to a shocked Minjeong 

"I think it's also time, after two months".

 

And so their fight "ended" with Minjeong going out of Jimin's house, slamming the door and saying "Do whatever you want Jimin, but don't come at me after". And so it was.

 

Jimin didn't spend the night at the boy's house, even though they did what he had in mind. Jimin had come home feeling empty and dirty and missing her best friend.

 

The day after, she woke up with a single thought, making up with Minjeong.

But as she was going down the stairs she heard her parents talking.

"I didn't even know they were going to move out again, they didn't say anything" she heard her mother say.

"I heard from Kibum that her wife had a work offer and couldn't refuse it, but the move was a bit rushed" was what her father said before he sighed.

"Eomma, appa, what are you talking about?" the daughter said to the two parents.

"Joohyun you talk to her" said her father, looking nervous.

"Seulgi, honey, you can do it." 

(yes let's gender switch Seulgi, shall we?)

 

"Okay, well. I want you to sit first Jiminie" her father said.

"Dad get straight to the point please, I'm in a hurry. I had a fight with Minjeong and I have to make up with her."

"You see sweetheart, that's exactly the problem." Seulgi said, turning serious.

Jimin didn't understand where the problem in making up with her best friend was. She looked at her father with her head tilted waiting for him to continue.

"This morning, early..." a cough to clear the throat "the Kim's moved out".

At that Jimin turned pale.

"What…what do you mean?" she asked, nervously chuckling

"Sweetie, what your father said is true. This early morning, Kibum and Taeyeon left the house, with Minjeong of course. They didn't say much, neither to me nor to your father" her mother said looking at her "probably Taeyeon had a new job offer and they had to move out for that."

"Minjeong…she would've told me.."

apparently she didn't..

 

That was the last time, in her childhood, that Jimin heard of Minjeong.

 

____________________________

Jimin was eighteen and a senior in highschool when she saw a picture of seventeen Minjeong on Giselle's , her best friend, phone.

"Gi you know that girl?"

"Not really actually, she's just my girlfriend's best friend, we met a couple of times. Why you asking?"

"I think…I think I know her"

"Oh really? Do you want her Instagram?"

 

And that's how Jimin followed Minjeong on insta. Receiving a follow in return.

 

_____________________________

Everyone in college knows that Yu Jimin never does relationship.

She's pretty, she's kind and she's smart, but she doesn't like commitment.

That's what a part of the students says.

 

"she's a playgirl", "she's just a ", "she likes to be ed". And this is what the other part says.

In reality she's just not ready, or maybe she's waiting for the right person..anyway Jimin never cared or paid attention to that. She thinks that like the boys can around she can too. It's her body and her choices anyway.

 

Sso… you coming tonight with me? Four years of relationship should be celebrated, don't you think?” Giselle asks her while being in front of the mirror looking at some dresses.

"Well I'm coming only because I love Yizhuo and she asked me first" she answers while tapping on her phone

"Girl you!!"

"Anyway, what you wearing?" Giselle asks her, completely changing her mood.

"I think I'll go with that dress we bought last week, the black one" she answers getting up and going straight to her wardrobe.

"Shut the hell up!! I was going to tell you to wear that!"

"you know me well Gi, besides it's easy to get laid with it"

"You only think about that, unbelievable!"

 

After getting dressed they drove

Please log in to read the full chapter