-end

now i lay me down to sleep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun woke up gasping for air, her vision very much hazy. 

 

All that was happening was overwhelmingly disorienting, and it seemed she couldn't do anything about it. She begrudgingly closed her eyes, sincerely hoping the fog in her sight and mind would instantly vanish.

 

And then she felt it. 

 

Careful hands gently caressed her cheeks, with the comfort it brought lulling her into a sense of security. She opened her eyes again, and all she saw were brown orbs staring into her own.

 

Seungwan.

 

All of her confusion melts away.

 

It was a nightmare. A vividly realistic reminder of the past, persistently coming back now and then to spitefully torment her. It has been visiting her less these days, but there are still some nights where she can't seem to find peace the moment she closes her eyes.

 

She lightly shook her head and focused her gaze on the woman in front of her. She was taking deep breaths, wordlessly guiding her to calm her ragged breathing, and she obediently followed. As she eventually calms down, she feels soft lips on her forehead. 

 

"Shh, it's alright now. I'm here. You're here with me."

 

The corners of her lips lift just by hearing that voice, but she can only reply with a quiet hum to silently acknowledge and thank her. She can't trust her voice not to break — not right now. Seungwan pulled back and kindly smiled at her, attentively examining her face and then securely wrapping her arms around her. Joohyun almost automatically burrows her face into the crook of her neck as a response.

 

They both remained quiet for a while, with only the faint ruffling of the fabric of her nightgown under Seungwan's palms and their quiet breathing accompanying the silence.

 

As much as she earnestly desires to be able to utterly bury herself into Seungwan, she wills herself to pull her head back and look at her. She simply wants to see her face (for reassurance, maybe). Seungwan lets her do what she wants, and a pretty grin fills her sight. It was highly contagious and, quite frankly, spellbinding as she could only shut her eyes and leisurely dive in for a kiss.

 

It lasted only for a fleeting moment, but like a spark, that was all it took to ignite so many emotions in her. 

 

She feels as though she's spinning. It's driving her crazy.

 

The night air is crisp and welcoming as it blows a gentle breeze into their room, making the curtains sail away and letting the gauzy glow from the skies escape through them. Joohyun could see her generously enough even in the dark, though she still had to catch her breath as Seungwan's figure was gracefully showered by the pouring moonlight. It was such a sight to behold that it compelled her to question if any of these were true. Surely, all this was just an elaborate lie, because how could something so heavenly exist before her eyes?

 

Seungwan is the downpour that comes after an almost never-ending drought. Seungwan is the delicate wind that fills her sails — for her to keep wandering, uncovering, and conquering the undiscovered wonders of the seas of life. Seungwan is the best part of a beautifully written play.

 

She is a dream.

 

And all Joohyun ever had were nightmares, with everything in it appearing so real and almost tangible. It occurs so frequently that it occasionally bewilders her if it truly happened. Seeing and being with Seungwan was palpably an exception. That's why it scares her so much.

 

Seungwan is what dreams are made of.

 

A glimpse of fantasy that is enchantingly (all at the same time viciously) fabricated to only exist in a restrictedly timed reality.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter