Chapter 1

My Way To Happiness

"Minah, wake up! Time for school. You don't wanna get late!!" I heard my mom shout downstairs. Actually, I don't really wanna go to school. I don't wanna see her.

It's another day I need to get over. But today, it's not a normal day. Today was supposed to be our 1st anniversary.

I tried to shake off that thought in my head but it keeps coming back. I did my usual routine in the morning. I wore this.

I grabbed my bag then went downstairs.

I saw them sitting in the dining room. My mom is fixing the table. My dad is reading the newspaper. Minjeong is doing something on her phone. And Youngjae oppa is talking to someone on the phone.

“Morning hun” “Morning unnie” “Morning baby” “Morning dongsaeng” They said to me. “Morning” I answered without bothering to fake a smile. We ate breakfast with them chatting nonstop while I stayed quiet.

After eating, I took my bag from the living and was about to go out when Youngjae oppa called me.

“Minah, aren’t you going to leave with me?” He asked me.

“I’ll walk for today, oppa.”

“You sure?” I nodded. “Take care then.” He said and smiled at me.

I went out of the house. Not long after, I saw someone that made me stop walking. I instantly regretted not riding with oppa today. I can feel my heartbeat getting faster. I know anytime soon, tears will fall.

“Minah!” I heard him call me. I continued to walk and ignored him.

“Minah wait! Let’s talk.” I felt his hands on my arm. The second I felt his touch, I just wanted to hug him and say that I miss him. But no, I wouldn’t do that. Not after what he did to me.

I sighed before turning around to face him. I need to keep calm. Because I know that if I didn’t, I would breakdown right in front of him. And as much as I don’t want to, I removed his hands from my arm.

“There’s nothing to talk about Chihoon-ssi.” Yes. I know I’m using formal speech towards him. It’s not like we are still friends. “Minah, can’t you just call me oppa just like in the past?” He said disappointedly. “Can’t we just forget what happened? Can’t we be friends again?” He added.

Past. The past that I want to forget badly. The past that I want to destroy. The past that made me feel this excruciating pain.

“What?” I don’t know why but it came out as a whisper. I wanted to scream but I couldn’t. “Do you think it would be that easy to forget what you did to me? It must be easy for you, huh? After all, you are not the one that got hurt. You are not the one who’s suffering now.”

Silence surrounded us and the only thing that can be heard are my sobs. I just noticed that I was crying already. He looked down and didn’t say anything. I wiped away my tears. I turned around and walked away.

I reached the school after a few minutes of walking. As usual, the people are whispering and staring at me. This is all Hayul’s fault. I ignored them and just went to our usual hang out place.

I saw the three of them doing their usual things. Anna is reading a book. Karen is admiring herself in front of the mirror. And Nina is drawing.

Karen looked at me for a while and said something that made the Anna and Nina look at me. “OH EM GEE! Girl, what happened to your eyes? Why are they puffy? Did you cry? Why? Don’t you know that puffy eyes reduces your beauty?”

I sighed. Her diva self has come out again. It’s always like this whenever one of us has dark circles, puffy eyes, pimple, etc. She will nag you nonstop on why you shouldn’t possess those things just like what she is doing now.

“It’s nothing, Karen. I got something on my eye a while ago.” I lied. I just hope Nina wouldn’t notice that I’m lying.

“You’re lying. I know something happened. What happened?” Nina said and went back to what she was doing. I knew it. She would notice it. Is she some kind of psychic? She always knows when someone is lying or not.

“Nothing happened.” I don’t want to tell them what happened.

“It’s so obvious that something happened, Minah. But if you really don’t want to tell us, then it’s okay. We understand.” She smiled at me. “Just remember that we are always here to listen to you, okay?” She added. I nodded and smiled at her.

The bell rang and we fixed our things to go our room. Our first class is Dance Class. Ms. Cruz, our dance teacher, arrived shortly after us.

“Good morning, class. You can have your free period now because I need to go somewhere.” After saying those, he hurriedly went out of the room. The class cheered. They like love it when the teacher is not around.

I stood up and I felt all of them staring at me. “Where are you going?” Anne asked me. “Somewhere. Don’t follow me.” When I saw her nod I grabbed my bag and left. I went to the rooftop. I always come here when I want to think or be alone.

Images of what happened in the past came back to me. A tear fell from my eyes. Followed by another one and another. I didn’t bother wiping them because I know they will only be replaced by another one.

I have so many questions now. Why? Why did you do this to me Chihoon oppa? I truly loved you, but why did you hurt me? Did you even love me? I really want to ask him those. But I can’t. I’m scared. I’m afraid of the answers that he would give me. I’m afraid that those answers would hurt me more.

---------------------------------------------------

Annyeong :)) Is someone even reading this? I was supposed to post this last night but something happened. While I was typing this, my laptop suddenly shut down. And when I opened it, it wasn't saved so I had to do it all over again. I was so mad because I started writing this from 1-6 pm only to have it gone. This was supposed to be longer but I really couldn't remember what I wrote in the first one. Anyway, I hope you like it :)) Oh, and don't forget to leave some comments. 

By the way, the one on the picture is Lee Chihoon. :))