Final

Be Mine

 

Namjoo raised her hand to slap the confused Sungyeol. She can’t hold it in anymore. Her tears were continuously falling. Sungyeol, who was anxious to wait is happening just stared at his crying bestfriend. It hurts to see her cry. He wants to know why she was crying. He asked him but then, Namjoo just raised her hand.

 

SLAP.

 

She finally did it. She finally slapped Sungyeol. Sungyeol held his red chubby cheek and looked at Namjoo with wide eyes. Namjoo collapsed on the grassy ground. Her lips was trembling. She was seriously hurt by what Sungyeol said to her.

“Why did you do that, Namjoo?” Sungyeol didn’t get mad at Namjoo for slapping him. Instead, he leveled himself to her level and puts her in to his warm embrace. Namjoo lets it all out. All the pain she has been keeping for a long time now. She freed from his arms and looked at him with swollen eyes and reddish nose.

“Because you love someone that isn’t me.” Namjoo replied that made Sungyeol’s jaw drop. He looked at her with wide eyes. “W-what are you saying?” The young man asked her.

Namjoo stood up and looked at him. “You love someone that isn’t me. You love Yookyung unnie and not me.” Namjoo said with disbelief. She cannot believe that her only bestfriend who she had love for almost 3 years loves the girl that he only met a month ago.

Sungyeol looked at her blankly and stood up. He let out a soft chuckle that startled the hurt Namjoo.

“I love you, Namjoo. You know that.” Sungyeol looked at her with sincerity. He does love Namjoo, he loves her very much.

“No, you don’t. You don’t love me. You love Yookyung unnie, not me.” She said to him. Sungyeol sighed and embraced her. He laid his chin on her head and closed his eyes. “I love you, Namjoo. You know that. You’re like my little sister.”

Those words hurts like hell to her. It made her broken heart break into much smaller pieces. More tears fell from her big orbs. She inhaled as if she’s out of air and pushed Sungyeol away from her. Namjoo couldn’t take it anymore. She swiftly encircled her arms at her bestfriend’s neck and kissed him on the lips. Sungyeol’s eyes almost popped out of its sockets.

Being a gentleman he is, he waited for Namjoo to break the kiss because he doesn’t want to hurt her. Namjoo broke the kiss and looked at him with shy eyes, not wanting to look him in the eyes. She was ashamed that she did that. She really loves Sungyeol.

Sungyeol softened at the sight and hugged her. He now knows why she would do such a thing. Namjoo had fallen for him. Sungyeol cupped her head to nuzzle it on his neck.

Namjoo just cried some more. She didn’t deserve such a nice and caring bestfriend who would understand her.

“Oppa, I think it’s now my time to give. You’ve done so many things for me. Thank you for everything.” Namjoo pecked on Sungyeol’s chubby cheeks and left Sungyeol alone.

Little did he know that, that was the last time he’ll be seeing her.

Namjoo softly released tears. She didn’t look back. 

*I want you to be happy. But I know the only way for you to be happy is to be with Yookyung unnie. For me to not get hurt while you’re happy, I’ll just leave. I don’t want to be in the third wheel. I wish you all the happiness, oppa.*