the game

the president game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You're watching 
The President Game 
Limited Series 

The Game: Ep. 2
More secrets are exposed, Themis is born, and Irene clashes with the main suspect behind all the exposings. Seulgi befriends Joy, and a student approaches her with an interesting proposal. 
 

 

the cubicle door rattled as the girl was pushed roughly against the stall and cornered by three female students.

“i’m warning you for the last time, park. stay away from my boyfriend or i will make you regret ever coming to this school. you hear me?” 

“i already told you i’m not interested in him, he’s the one-” the girl yelped in pain when a palm made harsh contact with her cheek to shut her up and the loud slap resonated in the empty bathroom. 

“i know you’re poor. you’re just after him for the money, aren’t you?” the girl held her hand out and her friend quickly handed her luxury branded handbag to her so that she could take out her wallet. “well, here. i can give you money. now stop clinging onto him like some dirty leech.” she spat out, throwing a wad of notes at her face and the money fell to the ground around their feet. 

she laughed wickedly at the sight of the trembling girl with her fists clenched and angered eyes filled with tears. “what? do you want to hit me?” she taunted. “you wouldn’t be able to afford it if anything happened to me. my father is the minister of finance and the school’s funding depends on him. they wouldn’t hesitate to expel you and then you can say goodbye to any hope of a future.” she smirked. “so remember that and don’t piss me off again.” she said, patting the girl on the cheek and laughing at the helpless way she stared back but didn’t dare to make any movement. 

the laughter from the group echoed as they walked away, leaving the girl to cry by herself in the bathroom, falling to a crouch as she hugged her knees closer to herself and sobbed. 

had she known it would be so hard to fit into the school as someone who was from a middle-class family, she wouldn’t have accepted the offer. perhaps it was naïve of her to think that being friendly and nice to others would be enough to make people accept her and like her. now she knew that money and fame was everything in this school; they translated to power and control, and without those, you would struggle to survive in a place like this. 

fresh tears formed in her eyes at the thought that she had no choice but to leave this school if she wanted to ever have a normal and peaceful life as a student. 

“how entertaining.” a velvety voice spoke from behind her and she turned around in shock, eyes still watery, but she recognized the unmistakable figure who had just come out of one of the stalls and was leaning against the frame with a smile. 

“kang seulgi.” she uttered. there was no one in the school that didn’t know about her, and she would be lying to say she wasn’t intimidated by the presence of the girl standing before her. “did you...hear everything?” she asked, instantly fearing that her humiliating treatment from the other girls would be spread around the school. 

“mm.” seulgi hummed vaguely, looking thoughtful as she gazed at the door where the girls exited. “who was that?”

“choi suji.” the girl replied, lowering her gaze and the sight of the scattered money on the ground made her tears start again. “she’s one of the richest girls in the school. her family is powerful...no one dares to mess with her.” 

“i see.” seulgi smiled. “and what is your name?” she looked at her. 

the girl raised her head, still timid but too scared to not reply to her. “soo- i mean, joy. my name is joy.” she remembered to use her english name, the name that was supposedly meant to help her assimilate with the rest of the prestigious brats in the school. 

“oh! i know you.” seulgi’s eyes brightened and there was a certain twinkle in them that had joy staring. “you’re the scholarship student.” she smiled wider. “you must be really smart.” 

“ah, well…” joy didn’t know how to respond and just ducked her head, wiping the half-dried tears from her face that she was now conscious of. 

“well, joy. or can I call you sooyoung?” seulgi leaned forward with a sparkle in her eye. “want to have some fun?” 

>>

“you have to be kidding me!” irene stormed down the hall and students quickly jumped out of the way. it was a rare sight to see their president upset and it was frightening even for the other council members who knew her well. 

she scanned the hallways filled with students whispering and discussing in low voices, everyone holding the same piece of paper in their hands and giggling. 

“it’s too late irene, we can’t do anything about it.” suho said, struggling to keep up with her pace. “the news has spread like wildfire, and suji already-”

“call for a council meeting immediately.” irene said, still walking straight ahead. 

“what’s the rush, miss bae?” seulgi asked with a smirk as irene walked past her classroom and irene halted, turning to glare at her. she was ready to snap but remembered how many students were in the halls watching them and she suppressed her anger. 

“i’ll deal with you later.” she said.

“ooh.” seulgi taunted, raising her eyebrows with the smirk still on her face. “i love it when you’re dominant.” 

”ugh!” irene stormed off, leaving seulgi behind to laugh and retreat back into her classroom. you psychopath.

seulgi perched herself on the desk and joy put the piece of paper down after reading through it, looking up at seulgi with a matching smile. “you were right.” she said and seulgi saw the light in her eyes that greatly contrasted with the miserable gaze she held yesterday. “this is fun.”

“of course.” seulgi responded smugly. 

joy looked out the window, watching the students outside gossip and use their phones to spread the newest scandal further. “i wish i saw suji’s reaction.” she said with a laugh. “this has to be the most humiliating day of her life.” 

seulgi chuckled and folded her arms. “i’m sure she never expected that either.” she said, looking at the photocopy of a dna report on the desk that proved that suji and her boyfriend were biologically half siblings. “poor girl.” she said with a smirk. 

“she only has her father to blame.” joy shrugged, “and we did her a favor by letting her know now before it’s too late.” she added as she leaned back on her chair and she felt like the heavy weight that she carried since the first day of school had finally been lifted off her shoulders.

>>

“we cannot allow this to keep happening.” irene said. “we are responsible for maintaining the order in the school and keeping our school name clean. how can we let some...some psychopath turn this school upside down and taint our name?” 

“irene, we must be careful not to accuse anyone when there is no evidence.” suho reminded and irene scowled.

“i’m sure we all know who is behind this.” she said and the rest of the council members just avoided her gaze. 

she cleared , folding her hands on the table and maintaining her composure. “it shouldn’t be hard to get evidence. we must put an end to this wicked behaviour that is terrorizing our school.” she said with finality and looked around, expecting the others to nod and agree, but she was met with silence. 

dread seeped into her veins when she saw the others exchanging nervous looks. we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter