As long as we are okay

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was mad. Kang Seulgi, the epitome of patience and understanding, has suddenly become really mad because of a certain someone who's laughing in front of her with her friends.

Well, if that's how you want it to be, that's how it will be! Seulgi thought as she rolled her eyes in Joohyun's direction. It has been over a week or two since the girl last talked to her, noticed her, or even glanced in her direction.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Seulgi said while continuously pounding her head on the table.

"With whom?" she heard a voice speak from behind. Seulgi saw Yerim standing behind her seat.

Seulgi huffed before sitting properly as Yerim took a seat beside her. She crossed her arms and started to tell Yerim what had been bothering her for two weeks now.

"Your friend," she paused to emphasize the word as she looked in Joohyun's direction before continuing. "Suddenly decided to ignore me once again. With no reason, no explanation, no anything! She doesn't even sit beside me during class anymore. Not to mention the fact that every time I talk to her, she replies with one line. Hasn't anyone told her the rule about replying with one liner?"

Yerim's facial expression must have changed because suddenly Seulgi stopped rambling and asked her what was wrong.

"What?"

"There's a rule for one liners?" Yerim asked.

"Well, yes! As of today, there is. Thou shall not reply with one-liner sentences to an inquiry about your days, for it is rude." Seulgi hastily replied.

Seulgi hated it, she hated Joohyun's one liner reply to her inquiries. She hated that Joohyun was standing a few meters away from her, laughing at some other guy's joke, seemingly unaffected by the fact that they weren't speaking to each other. But most of all, she hated the possibility or even the fact that her mind was concluding that maybe, just maybe, she wasn't as important to Joohyun as she is to her.

And that was enough for the queen of patience to utter words she would regret sooner rather than later.

"If she doesn't want to talk, then so be it! I don't plan to stick around trying to understand people who do not wish to be understood" she declared.

A loud, crashing sound was heard behind the two ladies that were talking. Seulgi glanced in the direction where the sound came from and saw Joohyun on the floor, holding on to her ankle. Before Seulgi could even get up from her seat to help the girl, Suho, the guy she was laughing with awhile ago, immediately walked up to the girl and offered to help her.

Instead of looking away, Seulgi stared at the scene unfolding in front of her with a smug smile. She wanted to see Joohyun turn down rather politely Suho's help just because. But the decline never came. Joohyun took Suho's extended hand, got up, smiled, and thanked him for his help. She then went to her seat next to Seulgi, gathered her things, and transferred to the seat near the back door.

", you think she heard?" Seulgi asked while watching Joohyun settle down in her new seat.

"You think?" Yerim sarcastically replied before making a face and leaving Seulgi alone.

"Atta girl, Seulgi. You're on a roll today!" she groaned before resigning her head to her table.

 

Seulgi was determined to talk to Joohyun. She had to make the first move, even if she had no idea what she had done. After all, this has always been their routine; this will be the routine.

However, as she waited for Joohyun to come out of the classroom, she noticed that the smaller girl was being showered with more attention than usual. She craned her neck to see what the fuss was all about. Apparently, Joohyun's fall awhile ago caused her ankle to be swollen. Now all of the boys, and, well, let's face it, the girls, are fussing over her, trying to help the petite girl.

I guess, as much as I wanted to help, I am not what you want, much less what you need.

Resigned to the fact that she was not going to be able to talk to Joohyun, Seulgi gathered her things and placed her earphones inside her ears before turning and walking away from the classroom. But as she slung her backpack on her shoulder, she heard someone call her name.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter