Sunsets

Sweet Contradictions

 

Sweet sunlight seeped through the gaps of the leaves on this towering tree we sat quietly under. The wind blew a crisp breeze that interrupted the singing birds from their summer day’s serenade and shook the growing green grass. I smiled softly, feeling his arm move to wrap itself around my waist and pull me to lean deeper against his chest. We just sat there; watching the sun continue to move west and the sky transform into a kaleidoscope of beautiful shades of pink, orange and yellow.

He pulled me closer, still; resting his chin on my shoulder and dusting my neck with soft kisses, he traveled upward, nosing against my jaw and brushing his lips ever so gently against my cheek as I closed my eyes and smiled, feeling his hair tickle my forehead and his arms envelope me in a soft hug. He took a deep breath and his hold tightened around me, I opened my eyes to find myself lost in his and staring endlessly into the beauty of the light brown wonders lying in front of me.

He moved slowly closer, the space between our faces thinning until our foreheads rested against each other, our eyes never looking away from each other. The world seemed to have stopped but he moved closer still; slowly, our eyes closed once more and we leaned closer and closer until our lips met. I moved my hand up to latch it onto his neck and pull him deeper into the kiss, prying his wonderfully soft lips open without much trouble because he seemed to have been waiting for me to do so.

His right arm left my waist and moved under my legs to pick me up and rest me on his lap, never breaking away. My other arm found its way to his neck and moved upwards to tangle my fingers in his long brown locks. He kissed so tenderly and smiled all the while as our lips glided across each other in an entrancing dance that seemed to make his smile grow wider.

I felt his tongue against my teeth and pulled him closer as an answer to his wordless request and slipped mine into his warm cavern as well. He tasted like nothing, but everything. A wonderful contradiction, so sweet I never wanted to leave the embrace his lips had caught mine in. We kissed so slowly we had no need to break away for air because our breaths mixed intoxicatingly in our occasional pants. Our slow kiss slowed down further, until it stopped. And, as if someone had paused this fairytale movie we were in, we stayed with our lips interlocked and our tongues resting against each other.

We had opened our eyes soon after but we stayed in our position for long after, simply loving the feeling of being so close and hearing our hearts beat against each other. The gap between us re-opened into a paper-thin space and he leaned our foreheads together once more, lifting his hand off my waist to tangle his long fingers in my hair. We smiled at each other for the longest time until he muttered against my lips words I hear him say every waking moment but will never, ever, get tired of.

I love you,” He breathes out almost inaudible but loud enough to strum at my heartstrings. I giggle softly; he never fails to make me.

“I love you, too, Shim Changmin” And the sky had turned dark.