Chapter 1

shape of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2031

Though she knows that their parents love them equally, Joy has already accepted the fact that she will never be her parents' favorite. Her dad's favorite will always be her older brother, Sehun, 18 and her mom's will always her little sister, Yeri, 5. Joy is okay with that, it is not a big deal for her anyway. She is provided with everything she needs and wants; her parents are always supportive and loving. Yes, sometimes, she feels like they're unfair (for instance, when she's having a fight with her little sister) but it isn't something that would make her really upset.

They're always there for her.

Until her 17th birthday

Growing up, her mom, Irene would always throw a huge party for her, but this year, her parents seem to forget her birthday. Joy woke up expecting the good morning kisses and greetings but she received nothing. She went to school, went to her father's office and back home. She obviously expected that her mom is surprising her this year, but there wasn't.

That's the moment she realized that her parents forgot her birthday.

"Joy, open the door now!" It's already been an hour since she locked herself in her room and her parents couldn't find the spare key. Irene, 41, couldn't help not to raise her voice anymore. She's been trying to be calm but her daughter is being so difficult.

"Love, let me" Brushing his wife's shoulders, Siwon, 44, gently pushes Irene and starts knocking the door. "Hey, baby, please open the door, love" Siwon called calmly. Between him and Irene, it is him who spoils the kid so much, to the point of making them ungrateful at times. Just thanks to Irene for always putting the kids back on track.

"Stop that!" Irene starts knocking the door again. "Open the door, now!" Irene had enough. She doesn't want to be angry. She apologized, almost begged. But Joy is not even trying to hear their explainations and that's what upsets her. She doesn't what to have a very inconsiderate kid.

Joy, on her bed, still crying, continue to ignore her parents. She's hurt, upset. It is not about the party, but maybe the fact that her parents forgot that it is her birthday hurts her most.

"I hate you!" She mumbles.Β 

Siwo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter