My Fading Star

My Fading Star

I walked into the vacant studio and the darkness and loneliness filled my empty heart. Sitting on the piano bench, I lifted the cover and stared at those black and white keys.

They are the perfect match.

Those memories which I was supposed to forget came rushing back to me like an impending wave.

It seemed like...

A year ago when you told me ‘I love you’ because you wanted my favour...

A month ago when you forced a smile on my tear-stained face...

 A day ago when we you applauded me here because I played on this very piano before me...

An hour ago when we promised to stay inseparable, like the chopstick and spoon…

A minute ago when the whole world stood against us...

A second ago when I realized we are not meant for each other...

Time stopped when I pushed you away from my side...

“Shin Hae Sung, you did well.” I told myself with a forced smile.

My eyes squinted and tears began to fall on their own accord. Those tears seemed to be trying to wash away all those memories we shared. Those memories which I thought we would live in forever till the end.

I bet you don’t know how touched I felt when you picked that smashed apple from the ground and bit it. I mean, it is dirtied but in order to stop me from crying you ate it. Falling to the ground, crying my heart out that time, I really wanted to give up. However, your warm hands warmed my cheeks and my cold heart. It was you who told me not to cry, you who wiped off my tears and also you who guided me through those times.

Like a guiding star, you brought me out of the turmoil I was in.

At the church, your voice was so soothing and pleasing to listen to. Never in my life did I expect myself to hear a solo live performance from you. Blissfully, I was lying on your shoulder and at that time, I hoped that the moment would last. I prayed that we will stay like that forever, without the fan girls, without those reporters, just the two of us, happily ever after. However, my prayers failed me.

I was too naïve, I guess.

I thought if I loved you, nothing else mattered. I was blinded by love that I didn’t see anything else. I didn’t even know I deprived you of your dream. I didn’t know I was that selfish. I didn’t know you were just putting on a fake front before me. You always acted as if you didn’t care whether you lost the stage or not. You always smiled at me, reassuring me that everything was okay. You always made me think you are fine when you are not at all.

If I knew…

You would be removed from the audition because you ‘proposed’ to me, I wouldn’t have accepted your confession…

You would get into an accident, I wouldn’t have run out of that hall...

Love was so painful, I shouldn’t have fallen for you…

Rian was right. Everything was all because of me. It was because of me that you lost your stage. It was because of me that you got hit by a truck, causing you to lose your dance ability. It was because of me that you lost the adoration and respect everyone used to have for you. After all, I wasn’t strong enough to protect you.

Shin Hye Sung- the one who is an ignorant and foolish fool, always messing things up. I am the last one to know the most important things and forever screwing things up. However, this time I decided to clear the mess I created by restoring everything to where it belonged. I wanted to help you find back the stage you rightfully belonged to. I wanted to bring the JB, you wanted to be, back. I wanted to realise your dream for you.

I am sorry…

For taking the dream you cherished the most away.

For breaking our promise and letting go of you first.

For lying to you.

I felt like I was dying inside when I told you the one I like was the JB who outshone everyone on stage and that it was too hard for me to see you become unpopular so I wanted a break-up. I was trying so hard to keep those tears in as those harsh words left my lips. At that time, I felt my heart drop and shatter when you told me ‘you would be the JB I wanted’. When you grabbed my hand, I felt that strong urge to turn around and run into your embrace, dropping the act I was putting on all the while.

However, I steeled my heart and said worse words to you.

“A star is great when you see it from afar but when you see it close-up, it is not that great anymore…” was what I said mercilessly back then.

I lied. To me, you are always a shiny and dazzling star from the night sky. You outshone almost every star, twinkling brightly and proudly up there. However, you chose to descend and land beside me, being the shooting star I always wished upon. Keeping you by my side, you became a fading star while I enjoyed your companion. Slowly, you were getting reduced to a lump of matter which you detested yourself. Therefore, I decided to send you away, back up to where you belonged.

In the galaxy, you are destined to be the speck of sparkling dust in the night sky while I am fated to be the speck of dust on the ground. Our paths were never meant to cross, just like how we were never meant for one another. Everything merely went back to where it was supposed to be and where everyone expected it to be.

Maybe…

My place has always been in the spectator’s stand.

Only the princess was allowed to live ‘happily ever after’ with the prince.

The dream we used to share was only suited to be a beautiful memory and nothing else.

I am crying more than before now but you are no longer here to wipe off those tears with your thumb. The charming smile you flashed only for me, the warmth you transmitted through your palms, the kiss you planted on my cheeks would all be buried in my heart, together with the love I had for you.

Shall I tell you a secret? I told you before that every time I was with you, I felt like I am dreaming. Actually, since our beginning, every second I lived felt like a dream. It felt like an unrealistic dream where I will suddenly be jolted from. I felt so insecure because it was as if any step I took might shatter the dream I was in. Now, I guess it is time I woke up from this beautiful dream already.

JB, thank you for giving me a dream I never thought I would have…

Like a fading star, you are vanishing into the pitch darkness while I am sitting here in the dark, waiting to fall asleep so that I can return to the dream I used to be in.


Author's Note:
Hello everyone!:)
This is a relatively short one-shot but I hope you guys still enjoyed reading it ^^
It is a slightly different attempt since I am basing the fic on 'Dream High 2' Shin Hae Sung's POV :D
Anyways, I really ship Hae Sung and JB but I kinda predict they wouldn't end up together:( Haiz.
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS<3
Please comment and let me know what you think about this one shot^^!!!
I appreciate new subscribers too:D!
Thank you for reading 'My fading star' ~ <3