1

Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He noticed he was wearing his normal shoes today. The worn-out ones, with the hole in the back of his right heel and broken sole on his left one. His normal shoes. They were untied, but he wasn't going to move anytime soon. He was wearing his red-and-yellow striped shirt with a green scarf messily wrapped around his neck. But he didn't see how trashy and messy he looked right now.

Kihyun was extraordinarily happy right now. He looked down in his hands, staring at the small creature that sat in his hands and smiled at him. Its head was shaped like a heart, and it was continuously blowing kisses at him that blew hot puffs of sweetness in his face. Its kisses smelled like coffee. He reached down to kiss it on the forehead, but the heat of its kisses got too hot when he got closer to it.

Kihyun then looked forward and saw another hairy creature slowly walking on the other side of the river he was standing on the edge of. The creature moved it's head up in the air a few times, sticking its tongue out to a cupcake sitting on the ground. After it had eaten up the cupcake it one , it walked slowly to a long square bush and curled up on itself under it, inviting Kihyun to come with him. He also noticed that the creature was covered in sparkles.

He stared at the sky as colorful swirls danced above him with shimmering sparkles following their every move. As they moved, some stars just couldn't keep up and instead fell from the sky into Kihyun's hair, on his face, and into his shoes. Sometimes the swirls would flash, then make loud explosions and then shrink back down to its original size. There were a lot of sparkles on his pants, so much that it began to squeeze his pants to his legs and burn in a sort of way. It was a prickly feeling, it was uncomfortable. It made him feel weird. His hair started to drip onto his lips, and the liquid tasted terrible.

Kihyun blinks and realizes he can't see. His hair was sticking to the front of his eyes. He looks up to find the sparkles again, but there was nothing but grey sky and waterdrops harshly making contact with his face. He looked down to find the burning sensation of his legs, only to find his black, thin sweatpants glued to himself. He was confused, scrunching his eyebrows in confusion and shivering at the cold.

There was no wind around him, but it seemed that the rain got harder and harder the longer he stood still. He couldn't move, however, because he was so cold and had frozen in place. He knew that if he moved, he would allow more water to enter through his shoes since he was standing in a valley of the sidewalk near a storm drain. He still found himself holding something that had a temperature drastically different from the world around him.

Kihyun moves his hand when he realizes how hot the palm of it is, and he's immediately hit with a waft of steam. He looks into what he was holding, and it appears to be a coffee cup with a white heart shape floating in the middle of the brown. He hasn't drunk it yet, but he doesn't know why. All he knows is that he's not supposed to drink it. He was freezing, and a latte sounded amazing right now. But something in his head, a faded voice, was telling him not to.

Maybe he could give to the dog, who he just now realized was under the bus stop bench on the other side of the street. He can't walk to the other side because the street is incredibly flooded, but it's okay; the dog looked like it was falling asleep now since it wasn't moving anymore.

A bright flash and a crack of thunder caught his gaze towards the sky again, yet he didn't move an inch. The vibration of the thunder vibrated off of his hearing aids, but his ears felt fine. He felt no fear. He knew there was no reason for fear, for him, at least. A young Kihyun used to be afraid of lightning, but it's ridiculous to him now.

He knew to listen to what he heard, not to what he saw.

A bright blue car rolled up in front of him, the driver's door opening and letting soft, slow music spill out of it. The man who ran out of the door quickly grabbed Kihyun by the shoulders and carefully guided him to the passenger door behind him. Kihyun got the hint after the door was opened and slid into the seat, creating a puddle in the spot.

The man who had helped him into the car got back in and whispered something into the ear of the man next to him. The car started, and the man in the passenger seat started digging through a paper bag. It was very quiet in the car, he paid attention to the windshield wipers but looked away when something about them made him want to cover his face. Kihyun covered the cup he was holding and shook his hair, not caring about wetting the seats. Or, really, it just didn't register in his head.

Kihyun then felt the stare of somebody next to him. He turned to his right to find a blonde man, tall, with plump lips staring at him with a worried expression. He subconsciously began to study the face, finding some features of his face familiar. A distant memory of the man stirring something, standing next to Kihyun, with Kihyun yelling at him. It wasn't bad yelling, it was good yelling. As if they were brothers picking on each other. The man's face in the memory had gotten clearer, he could hear the voices in the room they were in. And soon the sounds started to register; there was a hissing sound, and something smelled delicious.

The memory had finally popped back into his head. "Hi, Hyungwon!" Kihyun exclaims brightly.

Hyungwon looked as if tension was finally released from his body, and a warm smile grew on his face. "Hi, Kihyun. How was your day?"

Kihyun scrunched his eyebrows. Who's Kihyun, again? His day? He had a day, today? What did he do? "What do you mean?"

"I mean, what did you do today? Did you have a good one, or a bad one?"

Kihyun thought for a few seconds, but only darkness and rain appeared in his head. "I don't know," Kih

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter