Diamonds

Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Pack your stuff, and leave," Kihyun hisses, tossing the divorce papers onto Shownu's desk and folding his arms.

Shownu knew he'd regret not saying anything. It was going to catch up to him sooner or later. But Kihyun wasn't drinking all that wine by himself, was he?

Surprisingly, Kihyun had known he knew the whole time, so the reason he was just now deciding to act on it was still unclear to him. It was clear, however, that Kihyun had no feelings for him whatsoever. Never did. Never will.

For months, Shownu would come home to a few hundred grand out of his pocket with one or two wine bottles in the trash. Kihyun wasn't much of an alcoholic, so it wasn't just him drinking it. Shownu brushed it off as a party.

He had even caught some of the men sneaking out of the house through the windows once, but he never questioned it. He loved Kihyun, and Shownu knew that he would never do anything like that to him. Because Kihyun loved him back. That's why he married him in the first place.

Shownu had gifted him with an enormous home, bragging over 20 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms, to which Kihyun never failed to have parties every Friday in. And he didn't want Kihyun cleaning the house by himself, so he had many maids and butlers hired. Kihyun was never nice to any of them, they were probably horrible people. Maybe Shownu should've fired them.

But now, seeing that Kihyun was suddenly throwing this all away, he was questioning what those men were actually doing in his home when he wasn't here.

For about thirty seconds, Kihyun and his $6000 outfit of boots, skinny jeans, a green sweater, an infinity scarf, gloves since it was so cold, and up to two rings on six fingers with earrings and bracelets just stood there tapping his foot. Shownu stared at the words sitting in the packet. He picks it up, trembling, scanning over every page to make sure it was real. Kihyun had already signed his name. On every page.

"...W-What did I do?" His voice shook out.

Kihyun laughs. "What did you do? You question my faith towards you, grab me when you thought I was leaving, and then move your work from the building so that you could 'stay closer' to me," Kihyun walks around the desk Shownu was working at and takes a pen out the drawer, slamming on the desk. "Sign."

"But you said you hated that I was never around the house with you. You said you felt alone! Now you're not alone anymore!" Shownu begins to grab his hair; he didn't want to lose his first husband that was actually faithful to him.

"I never told you to make it so that you never leave the house. I feel like you're stalking me now. I also printed a restraining order, so you can sign that when you're finished."

"But what exactly did I do to upset you, Kihyun? I don't see why you'd want a divorce because of that!"

"If you can't trust me in this relationship, then I can't trust you either, and I don't want to. I want 95% of your bank account, all of your cars, the house and the three other ones. I want the horse stables as well. And I told your boss you cheated on me so he lowered your salary from 8 million dollars a month to 18,000."

"When did I ever cheat on you?!" Shownu jumps up, one more word away from tears.

Kihyun jumps back in disgust. "Don't lunge at me you animal! I saw you with that woman two weeks ago!"

"She was a business partner-"

"Which only makes it even worse. Sign. I'm not doing this anymore," Kihyun pulls more pens out of the drawer and sprinkles them all over the desk. "There are different colors if that'll make it more fun," he also places the restraining order down and then leaves.

The tears were now rolling down his cheeks, staining them after burning their paths. What had he ever done to Kihyun? He had given him pretty much anything he asked for, and he tried his hardest to take off of work and spend time with him but he never wanted to do anything with Shownu. He would mostly go shopping while Shownu held his stuff.

And all of his jewelry. The diamonds encrusted on every piece of jewelry Shownu has ever bought him. Kihyun loved those diamonds more than anything and, for a while, Shownu thought it was because he bought it for him. In fact, Kihyun seemed to like everything Shownu bought for him more than the man himself.

He never even said thank you. Kihyun already knew all of his account numbers and could take however much whenever he wanted. And he used that money to buy the most expensive food, toiletries, clothing, and even furniture that he'd just throw out two days later and replace. The bed Shownu sleeps in now? Kihyun doesn't even want to sleep with him because he thinks it's old and doesn't want to die in his sleep. He bought this bed a few months ago.

Kihyun has never told Shownu he loves him, either. Shownu always had to say it first, and the only time he would say it was after their shopping sprees and expensive dinners. But no, Kihyun wouldn't use him. Shownu saw it the first time they met.

On their first date, Kihyun's eyes were shimmering the whole time. He seemed genuinely interested in Shownu. Maybe it was the expensive restaurant he took them to that made Kihyun see how much of an impression he wanted to make. He was quite impressed with everything about the building. He even took the glass they drank from home. The shiny, shiny glass...

Shiny, not just because it was a very nice glass and was shined to perfection before being brought to customers but, because it's rim and stem were encrusted with diamonds. Same with all of the china they own, bordered with diamonds. Actually, the only jewel Kihyun would wear were diamonds since, to him, they were the most expensive.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter