final

a decade or more
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/n: brought to you by the selca Kun posted of him, Xiaojun and yixing. Yes, finally they met.
Italicized words are spoken in mandarin.

 

--- 

 

Kun was excited when their manager had told them that they will attend one of the l;argest award show in China as an awardee. Their group WeishenV and their brother group Neo Dream had been gaining traction after releasing back to back hits  with chinese version of their songs, that the award show had given them popularity awards. It was an exciting moment for Kun and his group member Xiaojun to be chosen specifically for the award and he couldn’t contain the excitement when told of the schedule.

 

“You’re going to Beijing?” Junmyeon asked his son via a video call, a habit they often do as Kun’s promise to allowing him to train as an idol.

 

“Yes, With Xiaojun! I am so excited dad.” Kun remarked and Junmyeon beamed him a smile.

 

“I am so proud of my nuonuo.” Junmyeon praised his son, still the over achiever since the day he was born.

 

“stop it dad!” Kun dismissed his father, despite being already 20, his father still treats him as his baby.

 

“send lots of pictures okay?” Junmyeon reminded his son who nodded with a smile, his dimples showing.

 

Ten, and dorm dorm mate looked at him with an amused smile as he played with one of the cats he had adopted.

 

“Uncle Junmyeon really babies you huh?” Ten asked and Kun sighed then nodded.

 

“Who else would he baby?” Kun retaliated making Ten laugh.

 

“Maybe if you allow him to get a partner.” Ten suggested but Kun scoffed.

 

“I told him so many times but I don’t think he’ll settle for anyone aside from his idol.” Kun replied with a huff before running a hand across the fur of the other cat that settled on his lap.

 

“Oh right, Yixing sunbae right?” Ten asked and Kun nodded. ‘Yeah, tough one to beat. But hey at least all that staring into Yixing sunbae’s poster resulted in your dimples.” Ten remarked and he got hit by a pillow courtesy of Kun. Ten just laughed at him and Kun laughed along.

 

---

 

Kun and Xiaojun looked dapper in their suits and so did their friends Chenle and Renjun from Neo Dream but they were all nervous since this was their first time attending a Chinese award show. They had been invited back in Korea for year end awards not long after their debut but in China? This was definitely a first. They knew famous people were going to attend and their manager had told them to take the opportunity to go talk to their seniors and build connections which they would need for their upcoming Chinese album and showcase.

 

The red carpet went well and the boys brought their A-game. The visuals were on point and both Kun and Xioajun became hot topics on weibo for how handsome they are in their suits and perfectly styled hair. Some even compared to Kun to Yixing for his dimples which of course was a compliment because Yixing is a superstar.

 

“You’re trending.” Xioajun told Kun who laughed at the younger. “See, it’s not only us who thinks you look like Yixing sunbae.” Xiaojun pointed out, Kun looks a lot like his dad but just got dimples.

 

“it's just the dimples xiaojun.” Kun reminded him.

 

They were led to back stage to mingle with the other invited stars before the program started, and even ate a few of the treats provided since they knew how lengthy these programs tend to drag. He was looking for familiar faces and struck conversations with some people, yes he was building connections especially to those composers as he aspired to be one in the near future aside from being an idol. He did not see Yixing though maybe because the man was busy but Kun shrugged it off, maybe they’ll bump into each other later.

 

The program started and Kun made himself comfortable. They were amazing performances in between the awards and how Kun missed hearing Mandarin, especially in songs. He uses mostly Korean as his primary language but he is actually born in Fujian, to a Chinese father and Korean birth father. He did not know much about China though, because his memories started in Korea when he was a toddler where his birth father settled, returning to his roots and raising Kun mostly as a Korean but never denied him of his Chinese ancestry. He was enrolled in Chinese classes where he met Ten, a Chinese Thai immigrant who was also learning Chinese because his parents wanted him to appreciate and learn about his parents’ ancestry even though they immigrated to Korea for his parent’s work.

 

The next award was announced and it was for Kun, Xiaojun, Renjun and Chenle. The four walked up to the stage to receive the award, greeting the crowd and thanking every one involved in their success, especially the fans who had been supporting them. Kun and Xiaojun also announced their comeback in the coming month and a special showcase for their Chinese fans, making them cheer loudly.

 

They returned to their seats after and watched the rest of the program. At one point, Yixing was awarded and he also performed, and it took a lot for Kun not to fanboy. Kun knew of Yixing since he was young because his father has always been a fan and would play his songs in their house. Growing up, Kun learned of the idol’s choreography and songs, It was Yixing’s song that Kun auditioned to and got accepted in the agency. Watching the man perform, despite nearing forties is such an amazing experience.

 

“He is so good Kun ge!” Xiaojun was definitely excited and really just holding back fanboying in his seat.

 

“He is. Dad really picked the best one.” Kun replied and they both giggled.

 

 

After the program, they were all given another chance to mingle at the after party. Kun and Xiaojun had one mission to do and they excused themselves from Renjun and Chenle to find their target, Zhang Yixing.

 

Yixing looked super handsome in person and both idols were starstruck seeing him this close. Yixing noticed the two gaping at him so he called them both to have a chat. Xiaojun was over the moon and was stuttering as he greeted the superstar while Kun was smiling nervously, his nerves were haywire as he faced the man that had lined the walls of his father’s bedroom and one of the reason he became an idol.

 

“Ah, you’re Kun!” Yixing greeted the younger who nodded and smiled at him. “You’re trending, people think you’re my son.” Yixing remarked and Xiaojun nodded like a puppy on the other side of the superstar.

 

“His dimples! You do look a like!” Xiaojun remarked.

 

“My father is a fan actually, must be his staring at your posters so I got dimples.” Kun explained and it made Yixing laugh.

 

“Wow your dad is a fan? Interesting.”  Yixing mused.

 

“You’re amazing Yixing sir.” Kun exclaimed and Yixing smiled at him.

 

“Just Yixing ge, I sound old with sir.” Yixing said with a laugh “hardwork and passion, that’s all the result of dedicated work to this craft.” Yixing told them. “You coming to the Grandline concert in Seoul?”Yixing asked and the two shook their heads.

 

“We wanted to but the ticketing was crazy! We couldn’t secure any.” Kun said truthfully.

 

“Any chance that there are more tickets?”  Xioajun asked and Yixing chuckled.

 

“Yinghao?”  Yixing called his assistant and a tall young man approached him. “kindly check the seoul concert if there are any complimentary tickets, Kun’s dad is a fan of mine and I want these boys to watch the concert.” Yixing instructed and yinghao nodded and tapped on the tablet he was holding. “Give your contacts to Yinghao, he’ll find a way.” Yixing said and Kun thanked him.

 

“Can we get a selfie yixing ge?”  Kun asked and the three posed for the photo.

 

“I’ll leave you with Yinghao okay. See you soon.” Yixing excused himself and Kun turned to the assistant who was waiting for him with a smile.

 

“Well can I get your contact Mister?”  Yinghao asked and Kun nodded, handing him his phone with the contact details.

 

“Kun, just Kun please.” Kun said and Yinghao nodded.

 

“Oh my goodness these Chinese characters, where is the Qian at?” Yinghao muttered in Korean and Kun blinked at him.

 

“Oh, you know Korean yinghao?” Kun asked him and Yinghao blinked at Kun.

 

“yeah, I am Korean and learned mandarin when Yixing hyung hired me. I prefer to  be called Johnny by the way but Yixing hyung prefers my Chinese name.” Johnny explained and Kun nodded.

 

“Glad to know. Just use my Korean name, Kun.” Kun said and Johnny nodded.

 

“I’ll contact you for the tickets, how many are you?” Johnny asked and Kun counted.

 

“Well my dad, then there’s me and Xiaojun. There are six of us in WeishenV and 7 in Neo Dream. But any number is fine.” Kun said and Johnny nodded.

 

“I’ll see if we can squeeze in 14 people.” Johnny said then excused himself to catch up with his boss.

 

 

----

 

Junmyeon watched the livestream for the awards and was very proud of his son. He knew that Kun had been stressing so much as the leader of Weishen V so to receive an award validated every thing Kun had done in his idol life so far. He could’ve stopped watching after Kun received an award but he saw someone in the artist line up that made him tune in more.

 

Yixing.

 

It wasn’t a secret that he was a fan, but he has a deeper connection with Yixing more than he let on. He planned to keep the secret to his grave but he knew it will come out sooner or later. As he watched Yixing perform and then saying his speech, he wondered if Yixing will be able to achieve all of this if Junmyeon stayed.

 

He received a picture from Kun and his tears fell from his eyes. Kun was with Yixing and it pained him to see the two most precious men in his life together without knowing the true connection they have with each other.

 

Maybe one day, he’ll get a chance to share his secret.

 

 

---

 

“Yinghao, can you research Kun?” Yixing asked his assistant who raise

Please log in to read the full chapter