Chapter 1

Till the world ends
Please log in to read the full chapter

There was a saying that the color of the sky determined one's fate if they were pondering over an important question.

As Jeongyeon threw a look at the blushing pink sky, her heart burst into flames of excitement.

Her once ice cold heart  had turned into cotton candy for one special girl.

Kim Yoohyeon was like a sign from the universe that it was time to change something.

Half a year ago.

"Fire is one of the main elements." 

'The most beautiful one as well." Jeongyeon thought as she flickered the lighter on and off. 

Every student's eyes were glued to her, the tension high up in the air. 

Jeongyeon could see the gears in their heads turning, trying to guess what the infamous "crazy dog" would do next. 

Crazy dog suited her, the unexpected and rushed behavior fitting with the  animal.

Making sure that the teacher had turned her back on them, Jeongyeon lifted the lighter up in the air as if she would throw it any second.

She wouldn't do it, that crazy she wasn't to take lives of innocent but annoying classmates. 

But the fear, she it up, it was her biggest strength.

That way no one would dare to lay a finger on her, their mouths shut in fear. 

All except one.

"Mrs. Choi?" 

Everyone, including the crazy dog, turned their heads at the owner of the voice. 

The Yoohyeon who used to sit and watch was now acting up. Jeongyeon's angry glare did little to make her hand go  down.

Out of pure luck Jeongyeon didn't set herself on fire. 

"What is it, Yoohyeon? the teacher asked, eyes sly like a fox. 

"Can I go to the bathroom?" 

Anger rushed through Jeongyeon, this time directed at herself. How could she have fallen for such lame trick?

Their eyes met for a brief second, it was like a tiger staring at a butterfly.

Fierce eyes met soft ones. 

A blossoming smile was a response to Jeongyeon's  angrily smacked lips.

Fortunately for the crazy dog, the bell rang soon, allowing Jeongyeon to rush out of her seat and run to the girl who had unconsciously challenged her.

Yoohyeon was already waiting for her, cheeks puffed like a hamster.

"What was that little performance for?" Jeongyeon asked, making sure the other heard how annoyed she was. 

"Well, you seem to have a lot of energy and unreleased potential. How would you like to use that for something good?" 

Jeongyeon's mouth took the shape of o. 

That was what Yoohyeon wanted. 

To confess to her.

Bonus points for the unique idea. 

"What if I end up using that potential for something bad?" She whispered, leaning close until their foreheads were touching.

Everyone's eyes were on them. Not like it mattered, stupid gossip didn't bother her.

Yoohyeon looked a little bit confused. 

"If you do, they will bite you."

Short haired girl raised a brow. "Who are they?"

Laughter, as clear as the crystal sky above them, echoed in Jeongyeon's ears. Sincere laughter. Something unfamiliar in this stone cold  world.

"The dogs, silly. You will be walking dogs at the local pet shelter."

The last puzzle piece was assembled, showing the true picture. Everything fit in the right  places. 

A chuckle escaped Jeongyeon's lips, she had to hide it with her palms. 

"You look so adorable when you are not glaring at everyone." Yoohyeon remarked. 

Jeongyeon cursed her stupid heart for enjoying the classmate's words. Hearing compliments was such a rare occurrence, it made a satisfying warmth spread through her limbs. 

What do dogs do when they are unsure? They are all bark no bites.

"Who said I will be walking any dogs?" Another unfamiliar feeling named regret took over the pleasant warmth as Yoohyeon's eyes glanced down. 

Maybe she shouldn't have gone into attack mode. Just this all was so new for her, she didn't know how to react.

"It's understandable, have a great day." The youngster was about to turn away but Jeongyeon stopped her mid way, holding her arm steadily but gently. 

"I am down to walk the four legged humans." 

Yoohyeon's eyes lit up like a child in a candy store. 

"That is wonderful. Thank you so much." She looked so happy, jumping up and down, Jeongyeon didn't get to regret her decision until she reached home. 


Friday evenings were her special days to get crazy and do whatever the hell she wanted. 

Now she will need to walk dogs when she could be doing something better.

Like… like…like

Jeongyeon's mind was a blank piece of paper. 

Okay, maybe walking dogs was better than whatever shenanigans she had planned.

On

Please log in to read the full chapter