1/1

The Scent Of Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Felix loved taking walks on his own, especially after rain had poured down. He absolutely loved the smell of petrichor, ever so calming even if in the city it didn’t smell as good as in the countryside. Back in Australia, there was a park he used to go to just to find some peace. He would sit on a bench there, put his earphones in and just bask in the peacefulness the place and the petrichor brought him. But that was all in the past now. Now, when he took walks after rain, it's to feel closer to someone. Someone who's so precious to him, someone he loves dearly with all his heart, someone who smells like petrichor. Chan hyung. Chan, his alpha or, at least, the alpha his omega claims as his. Because yes, Felix, an omega, has a crush on an alpha, Chan. And it wasn't the fact that Chan was an alpha that made Felix fall in love with him, Felix had fallen for him before himself had even presented. But presenting as an omega just made everything clearer for him but not easier to digest. Because Chan had been his friend for so long and now, in university, they were living together. It was fate that brought them together, that's what Chan always said, and Felix liked to think it's real.

 

Taking walks always seemed to calm Felix down but not this time. This time, Felix wished it didn’t remind him of Chan because it made him sad. Chan had come home not smelling like petrichor but smelling like something else, like someone else. An omega. Felix had gagged, his nose rejecting the foreign scent and, without welcoming Chan, he just sprinted out the door, not minding the late hour.

At the thought of Chan being so close to someone else, to another omega, to the point that Chan was smelling like them made tears well up in Felix's eyes. He actually felt like crying and he hated himself for it. Chan wasn't his, no matter how badly he wanted it, no matter if his omega claimed him as his alpha; he wasn't and Felix hated this. Never in his life had he ever wanted something so bad.

Forcing the tears not to fall down, Felix sat on the nearest bench and started to breathe deep and slow. He couldn't have a panic attack about such a trivial matter. Maybe he misunderstood the situation, maybe Felix's nose had defeated him, maybe Chan smelled like one of their friends-

But no. Even if Felix didn’t linger around, he still remembered the smell and it definitely was an unknown one. Minho smelled like bread freshly out of the oven and Hyunjin smelled like cinnamon. Felix tried to concentrate on the smell of petrichor and just as he was finally about to forget about that disgusting smell, he smelled it again.

 

"Felix?"

He turned around to find Chan looking at him, worry and confusion over his face.

"Chris?" Felix called his name in English.

"What happened? Why did you run away like that?" Chan asked, still in English. He tried to get closer but Felix flinched and sled away from him.

He could see Chan was hurt but he couldn’t stand to be close to him while he smelled like that. Like someone else.

"Don't come close please. I can't stand you right now." Felix said, his voice wavering.

"Felix, talk to me. I don’t get it, did I do something I shouldn't have?”

"Chris, please. I don’t wanna talk about it. Let's just go back home." Felix said and rushed past Chan to get inside their apartment complex.

 

Unable to stand the stench in the elevator, Felix took the stairs. Fortunately, they didn’t live too high up so Felix didn’t feel like dying when he arrived at the fifth floor.

When he opened the door, he gagged, again, and made a beeline for his room, ignoring Chan who tried to grab his hand to probably make him sit and talk.

Safe in his own room, surrounded by scents he was familiar to and liked, Felix felt a little bit calmer. He lied down on his bed, his back facing the door when he heard Chan knocking.

 

"Yongbok-ah. Let me in, please. I think we have to talk" Chan said, his voice so soft, so caring. Felix loved him too much to ever deny him anything.

"The door's unlocked" Felix replied and Chan entered.

He still smelled weird but less. Felix didn’t gag this time, he just scrunched his nose in dislike.

"Felix talk

Please log in to read the full chapter