20

Our History

 

1st February, 2010

SM Entertainment Building

Studio Room 12

“By the way, Yi Fan ge, what happened to your lips?”

“NOTHING HAPPENED, I SWEAR!”

“Eh?”

‘Oops, wrong move!’

Park Chanyeol slapped a hand over his mouth. Kris Wu widened his eyes. Both were thinking of the same thing. Park Chanyeol’s accidental outburst had definitely sparked their members’ curiosity. Murmurs of ‘what’, ‘huh’ and some others circulated.

“Hyung, what…‘nothing happened’?” the third youngest ZiTao asked in his awkward Korean. When all Chanyeol gave him were his big eyes, Tao’s eyebrow raised.

“Chanyeol-ah, are you okay?” Luhan asked worriedly. Even though the younger was way taller than him, it didn’t stop the orange-head Chinese to feel Chanyeol’s warm forehead. Luhan let out a series of disappointed ‘tsk’ and mumbled something about clinic and water and injection. Park Chanyeol gulped.

‘’Err,” Chanyeol tried. He glanced at his not so helpful husband and a short and secret telepathic conversation between them commenced.  

Kris faked coughed and racked his brain for any logical answer.

“Emm…ah, Chanyeol is ah…practicing…his-his screamo part!’’

The members gave them frowns.

“Wha-,“ the eldest member, Xiumin said. Disbelief painted his chubby face.

“FOR OUR RAP CLASS!” Chanyeol suddenly screamed again. He bobbed his head excitedly to further validate his point.

Only the two knew what Chanyeol’s mind really thought…

‘This is not going to work…’

A chorus of ‘Ohhh~’ emanated from their members and everything happened simultaneously. The couple sighed in relief, the members nodded their heads happily, the studio door was opened and Lee Soo-Man, his uptight secretary and 3 other people burst in. Among the 3 new faces, it was obvious that 1 of them was going to be their new member.

“Behave,” Joonmyun warned the magnaedeul. Tao and Jongin nodded quietly while Sehun waved his hand dismissively with a ‘yeah, yeah~’. Seriously, the ‘informality’ habit of Sehun sometimes could be a big problem – especially when new people were involved. All Joonmyun could do now was ask Tao to watch over the youngest.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” they all bowed to the CEO. Lee Soo-Man nodded curtly. He gestured for his secretary to speak. The lady stepped forward. 

“Hello boys. You probably may have heard this so let’s just get this over with,” Sohn Eun-Mi’s voice rang as the boys watched her studying her papers.

“This…” she signalled the only boy in the newcomer group to come by her side and the nervous-looking boy shuffled forward, “…is Do Kyungsoo, he’ll be the last member to join your group and from now on, you’ll be preparing for your debut.”

The shy Kyungsoo bowed politely and the members greeted back.

“Nice to meet you. Welcome,” Kris said calmly. The others nodded. Thankfully, Tao had a good grip on Sehun’s left wrist. The boy was already bouncing on his heels as he greeted the new member. Wonder if a packet of Pocky could really made someone high…

When Kyungsoo looked up to Kris, he suddenly felt extremely nervous. He felt tiny compared to Kris and Kris’s naturally arrogant looks didn’t help. He averted his gaze and they just so happened to land on Chanyeol. The other one’s equally tall height made Kyungsoo groaned internally.

Chanyeol watched the petite male’s antsy posture.

Kyungsoo struggled to say his reply.

“Ah, d-d-dae, n-nice to meet y-you all t-t-oo.” In his mind, he knocked his head for his failed speech.

Joonmyun chuckled softly and greeted the new member, “Annyeong, Kyungsoo. It’s alright to be nervous. All of us were like that when we first meet each other. We’re a family here, so don’t be too formal.”

Kyungsoo nodded.

“Here are your managers, Chil-san-sshi and Dong-man-sshi. Since you guys are one big group, we assigned two people to look after you guys. Boys, say your insa.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, manager-nim!”

“Starting from now on, they will be the ones in-charge of your schedules and listen to them well. No running around freely and getting into trouble anymore, got that?”

“Yes!”

“Oh yes, one more thing, Wu Yi Fan and Park Chanyeol, follow me to the main office now.”

Uh-oh

~~~

            As the two walked alongside each other, Chanyeol decided to talk. They were quite far behind from Lee Soo-Man and Sohn Eun-Mi but Chanyeol was not risking being heard.

“Hyung…”

Kris turned to his spouse and hummed a reply.

“Hyung…are we in trouble?”

“I don’t know. I can’t think of any ‘trouble’ we did, baby.”

Kris lied.

He did think of one reason they were called to Soo-Man’s office. Just hope that if his intuition was correct, all their hard work would not be jeopardised.

Chanyeol blushed hearing the term again but he still wanted to talk.

“Did we do wrong in class?” Chanyeol fretted. Maybe their instructor complained about their mistakes and now they were going to be thrown out of SM! Oh no no no! There were other possibilities.

“Do…they know about us?” Chanyeol’s small voice hinted fear and Kris didn’t know how to answer that. It seemed like Chanyeol was thinking similarly to Kris.

“I can’t answer that – I don’t know myself, Chanyeol-ah”

~~~       

“Go on in,” Sohn Eun-Mi held the doors opened for them after the big boss leisurely walked ahead. Lee Soo-Man’s office had that inscrutable feeling to it.  

Kris and Chanyeol bowed to her. In his panic, Chanyeol gripped Kris’s hand and the older one responded. Kris saw how the lady narrowed her eyes to their entwined fingers but he didn’t care. He had every right to do so and one uptight woman should be no more than a mere dust on the shoulder.

Kris dragged the younger one in as Chanyeol vexed over his oncoming depression.

“Sit down, you two,” Soo-Man gestured to the seats in front of him as the two tall boys entered his office. There was no indication whatsoever on the elder one’s face. A very well-used poker face and Kris couldn't get a single read out of him.

As they sat, Chanyeol didn’t even let Kris’s hand go instead his grip became tighter by the minute. Kris glanced at his wife and he became worried himself seeing the boy so frustrated and upset. Just then, Soo-Man’s strong voice lifted Chanyeol’s bowed head.

“I’m sure the two of you are wondering about why I call you here.”

“Yes…”

Soo-Man leaned onto his desk and exhaled. Chanyeol’s heart was about to fly out from the nervousness.

“It…didn’t escape my notice…that the two of you are breaking one of the main rules as SM trainees.”

“What would that be, sir?” Kris curiously asked. He knew the answer but he wanted to hear it.

“Trainees who are going to be idols are not supposed to be in any sorts of romantic relationship to avoid scandals”

The secretary answered them this time. Her facial expression was set onto a grim and tight façade. No wonder she was still single – so scary that men wouldn’t even want to court her.

“We know that. But we are not dating anyone,” Chanyeol softly said.

“But you are dating each other, isn’t that right?” she pressed on.

The 17-year-old Park Chanyeol became flabbergasted. How was he supposed to answer? How did they found out? Why now?

“Ah…” cold sweat started to form on his forehead.

“We also know that you two are living together. And your actions clearly say the two of you are going out. Didn’t you read the booklet I have given you?? Do you know how much trouble the company will get into if rumours spread, if the media knows?? Moreover, both of you are males!” Sohn Eun-Mi was now raising her voice. There was a slight hysteric edge to her voice.

Chanyeol cowered. A frown marred Kris’s sharp face. He knew what she was going to say.

“We’ll give you two choices – either you two quit SM willingly if you decided to still be together or…stay and debut but break up this instance! And this matter will not be brought up again!”

Lee Soo-Man was quiet while his trusted right-hand tried to settle the issue. The two boys were silent too but he saw the dilemma and the pressure overshadowing the young faces. It would be a loss if the 2 talented boys were to be expelled.

But what was wrong is wrong.

They had committed a grave mistake when they were well aware of the consequences.

“Speak up now!” Sohn Eun-Mi ordered. But the couple stayed mute. This fueled the stern lady's anger.

She was about to say them again when Kris Wu boldly spoke.

“We are married.”   

 

 

A/N: O.O Le gasp!