Chapter One

waiting for the bus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's just Hee Do's luck that Yu Rim shows up and sits at the bus stop too.

Because Hee Do's day was apparently not bad enough just yet. She couldn't be left to sit there and cry her eyes out by herself. No, of course not: Ko Yu Rim herself has to find Hee Do sitting there with tears and snot all over her face. Of course she does.

And of course Yu Rim looks perfect, not a single hair out of place, even though they'd both just been run down at that brutal practice session at the NTC.

Hee Do wipes her wrist over her face hurriedly and tries to swallow down her sobs, turning further away from Yu Rim in the narrow seat to at least try to save face.

It's half Yu Rim's fault she's even crying in the first place, but Hee Do would rather die than admit that.

"What are you looking at?" Yu Rim spits viciously.

Hee Do jumps out of reflex, but she's not talking to her.

There's two male students standing not too far off, and Hee Do realizes after a second that one of them had just been... making fun of her crying?

Great.

Anything else, God?

"Screw off," Yu Rim hisses at him. "Or your crying won't be just pretend in a second."

"Dude, that's Ko Yu Rim," his friend says, and his demeanor changes completely before they hurry off.

Yu Rim relaxes visibly on the seat but doesn't look at Hee Do at all.

"You didn't have to do that," Hee Do says bitterly. She doesn't want to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter