you wanting me tonight, feels impossible

you wanting me tonight, feels impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She hardly can’t wait to head home as soon as possible.

 

After a long, tiring day from town, in opposition to her weary arms, Jimin’s legs were full on skipping on the succulent field. Along her shoulder hung a small basket filled with loaves, just enough for them to share for the night. 

 

As soon as she crossed the certain path which had a specific crevice of soil, Jimin knew she was nearly there. She brushes past the flowery shrubs, and with a final turn to the right, there stood her majestic abode.

 

It wasn’t much, yes, but Jimin earned to build it with all her blood, sweat, and tears. She even had to work double time at the bakery just to get a few more decorations to put because what is a lovely home if not for the cute little trinkets hanging on its walls?

 

Jimin taps on the door before she turns the knob. She was met with the warm ambience of the fireplace’s crackling and the familiar glint of those borealis green orbs from the figure of her companion who was sitting on the nestled carpet.

 

“I’m home, Minjeong.” Jimin greets, and Minjeong immediately sprouts out of her blanket, pouncing upon her as she wraps her arms around Jimin’s neck. 

 

“Jiminie! I’m soooo glad you’re back. I thought I was going to die out of boredom here.” Minjeong quips, sighing in relief as she feels Jimin’s warmth emanating against her. 

 

As they pulled away, Jimin gave her a quick once-over. “Looking good today. You’re quite getting better at shifting now, haven’t you?”

 

“Well? What do you think?” Minjeong poses, somewhat her figure was in semblance of a human’s, but with some of her scales and ears still showing. Not to mention, her tail was as evident as a deer in the headlights. Eh, progress is progress.

 

Minjeong was indeed almost more human now than she was a dragon. When they first met, Jimin was merely just a passerby, who happened to suddenly spot Minjeong’s nearly waning body as she was covered in streaks of blood. Jimin had never laid eyes upon such a creature—let alone a dragon, in flesh, and Jimin was supposed to be terrified . 

 

Yet instead, she regarded the dragon’s gaze, and it’s as if its soul reflected on her own. Without hesitation, Jimin knew to herself that she had to help. If not for her that terrible night, Minjeong could have died at the hands of her merciless foes. 

 

Minjeong was such a sweet.. creature. Everything Jimin knew about them was wrong . The townsfolk believed that they should all be slaughtered nonetheless, because their only intention is to wipe humanity off.

 

But when she looks into Minjeong’s eyes, it makes her think that maybe it’s them who’s trying to obliterate them all—regardless of their intention.

 

“You’re staring again…” Minjeong mumbles, quickly cutting off Jimin’s trance. She hadn’t realized that she did. 

 

She wheezed, dropping the basket on their small table. “I was just thinking about… things.” 

 

Minjeong furrowed her brows, a curious gaze settling within her orbs as she headed towards the table, sitting on her self-proclaimed chair(As per her saying. Dragons and their territorial habits, huh.) “Is it the people in town? Were they pushing you off your working limit again?” Minjeong’s pupils dilated, her brows even more furious now. 

Jimin immediately fans the flame. “Oh no, not certainly. It’s nothing, Min. Just silly thoughts.” 

 

“What’s silly here is the fact that your kind engrosses in lecherous actions by means of putting their mouths against each other. Blech.” Minjeong muttered, picking her share of the bread. 

 

She didn’t realize that Jimin had paused from what she said. “You.. went out by yourself?” 

 

That’s where Minjeong’s ears perked up, her scales glistening in sync which meant she had been caught and there’s no point denying any longer. Sometimes she really hated her dragon instincts. 

 

This time, Jimin furrowed her brows. “I told you not to come outside when I’m not around. You could have been spotted!” 

 

Minjeong just scoffs. “I’m fine! Besides, I didn’t get caught. I was in my cloak.”

 

“Still, you have to tell me if you came from there. God knows who saw you and became so curious that they’ll find you again.”

 

Minjeong groans. “Yes, dear mother .”

 

Jimin couldn’t help but laugh. She can never stay mad at her anyways. “And it’s called kissing , by the way.”

 

“Ki-wha?”

 

“Kissing,” Jimin shuts her lips tight before she continues. “It’s not lecherous at all. It’s… an act of affection . When you… want to show the other person that you love and care for them.”

 

Jimin’s face began to heat up upon finishing her explanation. For whatever reason, she tries her best to disregard it nonetheless. 

 

“That’s ridiculous!” Minjeong snorts, banging the table with her free hand. She threw herself into a fit of laughter, wiping a tear of her lid after the process.

 

“What, don’t you dragons have your own way of showing affection to your mates? I’d like to laugh at that, then.” Jimin retorted.

 

Minjeong then slid her tail under her chin. “Well.. it depends on the type of dragon. Hydras do this weird dance exclusively in the oceans when they want to show their interest. Wyverns do that too, except in the air. My kind just usually hunts but not for the sake of food. We collect things and give them to our partners. That’s how we show affection.” 

 

So that explains the numerous twigs that were stashed under the edge of Jimin’s bed.

 

“Anything to laugh about?” Minjeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter