now

now or never or forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna doesn't know if this is the right thing to do.

She slumped her head on her table along with the crumpled papers to which she wrote confession letters to her crush: Hwang Yeji.

Yuna sighed and closed her eyes. Just the thought of Hwang Yeji sends her in a spiral.

If there's a word to describe Hwang Yeji, Yuna doesn't think such a word exists. If she were to choose, she'd say Hwang Yeji is cool.

But no, Hwang Yeji is not sporty. She also isn't one of the smart students. As far as Yuna knows, Hwang Yeji doesn't play any musical instruments either.

Hwang Yeji is cool because she is diligent and responsible.

When she transferred during freshman year, Yuna didn't have a hard time adjusting to their school even if she didn't initially have much friends. It was thanks to the campus tour they had which included Yeji as one of the volunteers who showed them around. As a class representative, Yeji showed them the student council area where she frequents. Yuna made sure to take note of that.

It was admirable - the entirety of Hwang Yeji. Since then, she subtly passes by the council room, hoping to get a peek at Yeji every Monday afternoon. Sometimes, they would cross paths in the hallways. Yuna would bow shyly, but Yeji always greets her back with a huge smile, "Hi, Yuna!" she says and the freshman girl just swoons internally.

So Yuna shakes her head and straightens her posture, seemingly trying to put her feelings into words. How can she encapsulate her 2-year attraction towards Hwang Yeji through a letter?

Would Yeji even bother?

Lots of times, Yuna has seen multiple guys and girls confess to Yeji in various ways. Some of them talked to her in the hallways after class, behind the school building, left gifts during Valentine's, and extreme ones would ask her out in front of many people.

But Yeji rejected every single one of them.

She's sure that Yeji's received hundreds of love letters, so why would she write one too?

It's because Yuna doesn't have the guts to speak to Yeji after realizing that she's in love with her. Even being near to the class representative is suffocating her. Although Yeji still approaches her for various matters, Yuna could only smile and nod.

But it's Yeji's senior year and Yuna doesn't know if she'll ever see her again. She doesn't even know where Yeji will attend college. She's more than certain that there's a higher chance of her being rejected, but Yeji will be gone in a few months so they could just forget the whole thing and move on if it doesn't turn out well.

It might even be too late for her to confess, but she knows she has to do it now.

It was around midnight when Yuna was finally satisfied with the letter she wrote. With her cute handwriting, she wrote on the envelope: "To Yeji :)"

As soon as she woke up, Yuna made sure to put the envelope in her bag. Finally, today's the day.

Yuna came to school earlier than usual so she could get a chance to drop the letter in Yeji's locker before she arrives. She was very careful even if there's literally nobody around except for student athletes who are doing their morning practice.

Yuna brought out the envelope and with a deep sigh, she finally had the courage to drop it in Yeji's lock-

"Yuna? Is that you?"

Yuna was caught in surprise that she dropped the letter in Yeji's locker.

She wasn't able to move. Why the hell is Hwang Yeji early today?!

"Hello?" Yeji said as she waved a hand in front of Yuna. "Are you okay, Yuna?" Yeji moved her face closer which snapped Yuna out of her daze. 

"Yeah, I'm okay. Sorry." Yuna said, giving all her attention to the floor between them and not sparing a glance to Yeji.

Yeji just hummed, sounding a bit unconvinced, and brought out her keys to open her locker. Yuna wanted to leave or even prevent Yeji from opening the damn locker, but she can't bring herself to move.

Yuna heard the key twist and turn, opening the locker. Swiftly, her pink-colored envelope dropped to the ground.

"Oh?" Yeji said as she picked up the envelope.

"To Yeji," Yuna heard Yeji read the envelope. What she didn't expect was to hear Yeji let out a small chuckle, "Cute."

"Thank you, Yuna."

Yuna was surprised. Nothing in the envelope said it was from her. "Why?" she questioned, stuttering in nervousness.

"This is from you, right?"

Yuna was unable to answer.

"It's pink and it smells like you." Yeji said as she sniffed the envelope which caught Yuna's scent, maybe from her perfume which was in her bag as well.

Still, Yuna couldn't say a word. She doesn't want to admit that Yeji caught her red-handed.

"Besides, I actually saw you dropping this into my locker." Yeji said, laughing a bit which caused her eyes to disappear into thin lines.

Yuna's face turned red and her stomach churned. It was embarrassing enough and to think that Yeji saw her drop the letter made her even more anxious. Nonetheless, to see Yeji's smile countered a bit of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter