First Text

Skool Luv Affair

You blinked. Once. Twice. 

Did you hear him right? Min.. Yoongi? The same guy Namjoon mentioned last night?

“Are you deaf? Or is there just nothing in that head of yours?” He grumbled, eyes darting between you and his hand. “I’m trying to introduce myself here.” 

Your brows furrowed as you crossed your arms in a fit. This guy sure knew how to make a first impression. And to think you were almost fooled with his soft, dainty features.

“Tell me, why does God give the rudest people the prettiest faces? Is it to compensate for ugly attitudes?” You blurted, without realizing the implication of the words you said.

“So you think I’m pretty?” The corner of his mouth tugged upwards as he retracted his hand and shoved it in his pocket. Was he trying to flirt with you? 

You scowled in response and turned your attention to your professor who just walked in the room. 

Scratch whatever you thought you had about him being attractive. It only took him opening his mouth to decide he wasn’t worth being labeled as a pretty guy.

Your class started with your usual roll call. Once your name was called and you responded,  you could feel Yoongi’s gaze to your right. You tried to ignore the way his smooth voice rolled your name from his tongue. 

“Y/n.” He enunciated. It was like he was getting used to the foreign phonetics his mouth was forming to say it. You hated that it brought you goosebumps, that it made the tiny hairs on your arm stand up.

You silently blamed the air conditioning and brought your arms closer to your chest.

The lecture went on as your professor drawled on about the impact of Henri Matisse on the art world and how he was one of the brave leaders of Fauvism. You were deeply intrigued by today’s topic and wanted to focus on the lesson.

If it wasn’t for your seatmate who kept trying to talk to you for the past hour. 

“Y/n.”

“Y/n?”

“Y/n.” He poked ur arm with his pen. 

What?” You whispered through your teeth, giving up on avoiding him. 

“You free after this class?” You shot him a quizzed look. Why was he inviting you out to lunch?

“I have plans,” you lied, jotting down something about the lecture. “And I’m trying to learn here? If it wasn’t obvious.” You jabbed your pen at the professor in front of you. 

“And isn’t it obvious I’m trying to get to know you better?” He feigned a pouty look with his long bangs framing his sad, feline-like eyes. 

Before you could reply, a voice boomed throughout the classroom.

“-and that ends our class for today! However, before you leave, I would like to discuss your final project.” You bumped Yoongi’s elbow to get him to focus on your professor. He complied, accompanied with a sarcastic eye roll while mouthing “fine.”

“I know it’s a bit early, but I want you to get a head start on this since it will account for a majority of your grade.” He continued to explain the details and technicalities. He wanted you to imagine and create your own art movement, including research and an important presentation towards the end of the term. 

You thought it was a really creative project and couldn’t wait to start,

“-you will be paired into twos. Your seatmate will be your new partner, to make things easier!” 

and finish the project. This could not be happening. This isn’t actually happening. Right?

With a begrudging expression, you slowly shifted your body towards an annoying, gummy-smiled Min Yoongi. 

“So, lunch maybe?” He began clearing his table, a smile still plastered on his stupid face. “And you can give me your number so we can work out our project, princess.” 

Princess. You hated nicknames, and you hated that it came from him even more. You scrunched your nose and replied, 

“Are you sure you aren’t the dull one? I already told you I had plans.” With a scoff, you started to place your things in your tote, thinking of ways you could escape this nightmare. Maybe you could talk some sense into the professor? Maybe he’d understand that you would rather work on this alone rather than with the devil incarnate.

Unfortunately, while you were distracted with your thoughts, he quietly slipped a hand under your arm to grab the phone from your table and hastily placed a call to his number. Once you heard the faint dial tone, horror filled your face as you realized what was going on.

“Hey!” Scrambling over, you desperately tried to snatch the phone from his clutches. You couldn’t believe you were dealing with a jerk this early in your semester. You were determined to finish the project as quickly as you could so you could avoid him for the rest of your college life.

He raised your phone higher with a deep chuckle, clearly having fun over your misery. You didn’t notice this as you leaned over and rested your palm on top of his chair’s arm, unconsciously inching your body closer to his. 

In one swift move, he placed his free arm over your waist and pulled you between his legs, your head landing on his warm chest with a soft thud. Your heart skipped a beat as you could feel the rise and fall of his breathing and the subtle smell of lavender fill your senses. 

You hastily pried yourself off of him before you lingered too long around his arm.

“Min Yoongi!” You huffed, your eyes seared onto his with annoyance. “What do you think you’re doing!” You were so going to choke the life out of him.

“Just getting to know you, princess,” He replied nonchalantly, sliding your phone back to you. “I found out that you’re fun to play with.”

You felt your face burn with frustration. You tried to convince yourself that landing a punch on his stupid face was a bad idea, but the more you stared at his smug grin, the more it felt worth it. 

Yoongi lazily raised his arm in the air to wave you goodbye and walked out of the room, leaving you red and extremely irritated. 

A few seconds later, you felt your phone buzz in your hand. Focusing your eyes, you read the notification on the top of your screen,

 

unknown number: blocking me = no finals project

unknown number: just in case u forget 

 

You heaved the biggest sigh before gathering your things. 

This was going to be a long semester.

 


 

You dragged your feet towards the staircase, dread consuming every corner of your mind. You went through the longest day ever, full of heavy lectures and professors already giving out daunting design plates with insane deadlines. The icing on the cake was having to deal with an actual first thing in the morning. You were ready to just end the day and lay in bed for eternity—

Until you saw a familiar face waiting for you at the bottom of the staircase, your favorite drink in his hand.

“Namjoon! What are you doing here?” You practically threw yourself into his arms, letting your whole body be engulfed by his familiar embrace. You took a deep breath and smelled a mixture of a fresh breeze and lemon. Did he always smell this good? 

“I know we were supposed to meet next week, but I had a feeling you needed a pick-me-up.” He handed you your ice cold coffee with his signature dimpled smile.

You looked up at him, already forgetting about your problems with a particular Min Yoongi. 

“Oh, Joon! You know me so well. Thank you for being the best boyfriend ever!” You hummed, taking your drink from his huge hand and replacing it with yours. Namjoon happily walked ahead, mumbling an “‘s nothing” while leading you outside to your university’s park. 

He liked being complimented, like a kid who would proudly show his parents what score he got on his test. You adored that part of him. He unapologetically wore his heart on his sleeve, his emotions on display as plain as day.

You both sat down on a free bench, the faint chatter of students going in and out of their classes filling your surroundings.

“So, what’s up? I know you’re a pretty sweet boyfriend, but I’m sure you’re not here just to give me coffee.” You turned towards him, waiting for an answer. He rubbed his calloused thumb over the back of your hand and met your curious eyes.

“Can’t I just show up and show how much I love my girlfriend?” You nudged him playfully while taking a sip of your drink.

“I wanted to apologize for being dodgy last night. I thought I owed you an explanation of why I acted that way, when you told me about Yoongi,” You almost spit out your coffee. Just when you were starting to forget about him, the memories of your eventful morning returned to your thoughts at the mention of his name.

He explained how he knew him from the producing group he recently joined. You nodded along in understanding as your mind tried to navigate the faces on the group picture you found stuck above his bed.

“I guess I didn’t really want to talk about it because,” He took a deep breath. “I was jealous? Wow, I can’t believe I’m admitting that.” You giggled and felt his shy gaze on you. 

He continued. “Yoongi is a pretty handsome guy and I know he doesn’t have any trouble picking up girls, so I guess I felt a little threatened by the image of him meeting you, my beautiful, sweet, baby. He’s also super talented and has a great voice, you know, the kind girls go crazy for. I trust you though, but I don’t trust him, you wouldn’t believe the stories I heard about him from the other guys! There was this one time-” 

You leaned in and cut him off with a soft peck on his lips before he could ramble on about a Yoongi story you honestly didn’t want to hear. Almost instantly, he smiled through the kiss and looped his arm around the small of your back, pulling you closer to him. 

Kissing Kim Namjoon was the easiest thing in the world. Everything fell into place, because he would always do everything right like the perfectionist he was. He studied every part of your mouth, explored every crevice, what rhythm you were comfortable with, how sweet you tasted on his lips, how you liked it when he would swipe your lower lip and nibble oh so gently—

“Joon, you are adorable, you know that?” You said, landing one last peck on his dimple, your favorite spot, before drawing back. Your college park was not really a place you wanted to get heated with Namjoon in. Not that he cared.

“And you have nothing to worry about—I have absolutely no interest in that guy.” You added with an assuring tone.

Namjoon gave you a confused look before seeing pity wash over him as you told him about the unfortunate run-in you had with Yoongi, your brand new partner.

“I knew he was a jerk, Y/n, but I didn’t think he was this bad. I don’t want you talking to him again.” He said, clasping your hand between his. It took you back, seeing him ask something from you. It was the first time he was so vocal about wanting something from you.

“I don’t think I can,” Sighing, you shook your head before you continued. “I’m stuck with him until the end of the semester. My grades kind of depend on this, and I don’t really have a choice.” He nodded along; he knew how much your education mattered to you.

“You can do it, Y/n! You’re the smartest person I know, you’ll find a way around it just like you always do.” He shot you your favorite toothy grin.

You returned the smile, even though you were unsure about your fate with the infamous Min Yoongi.

 


 

It was around one in the morning when you received a text from him.

You had just finished showering and had changed into your comfort pajamas after finishing a mountain of homework. You were ready to just sink into your cold duvet and dream about your super hot boyfriend when you felt your phone vibrate in your hand.

Did Namjoon need anything? You already sent him a good night message, complete with a barefaced selfie of you in your pink matching pajama set.

 

mean yoongi: are you awake

 

Great. Who knew you were going to start and end your day with Yoongi?

 

you: why do u care

you: stop bothering me

 

You wanted to put your phone in silent mode and bring yourself peace, but before you could, you caught a glimpse of the little red dot on your messaging app.

 

mean yoongi: i just wanted to talk to u 

mean yoongi: thought we had fun this morning

mean yoongi: i liked hanging out with u

you: u didn’t hang out with me

you: u terrorized me 

you: >:(

 

You could basically hear his evil chuckle in your head as you sent the last message. 

 

mean yoongi: u around my arms doesn’t count as hanging out? 

mean yoongi: too bad, i wanted to get used to the feeling

 

As you held your phone with both hands, your thumbs twitched, caught off guard by his reply. What was he after? Why was he flirting with you like this? 

It look you a while to come up with something to say, and settled with,

 

you: im going to bed 

 

You shoved your phone under your pillow, turning to your side towards your window. You decided you were going to deal with this guy tomorrow and closed your eyes, trying to ignore the growing sound of your heartbeat.

In your dreamscape, you heard a soft ding that was similar to your text tone. 

 

mean yoongi: sweet dreams princess