three

hope it's nice where you are (saida)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dahyun rummaged through her wardrobe, pulling out an oversized shirt and a pair of pajama pants. With a playful grin, she tossed the clothes onto the bed where Sana was resting, covered with the soft warmth of the blanket sheets. "Here you go. If those don't suit your style, feel free to raid my wardrobe for something else," she said with a smirk.

Sana sat up, the corners of her lips curling into a grateful smile. She took a glance at the clothes Dahyun had chosen, the comfort of them evident from their loose and cozy appearance. "Actually, they look pretty comfy. Thanks," she replied, her tone genuine.

"Great! Comfy is what we're aiming for. Let me know if you need anything else."

"I think I'm good. Thanks for being such a gracious host."

"Well, you're welcome."

As Sana started changing into the borrowed clothes, she glanced over at Dahyun. "So, what's the plan for today?" she asked, genuinely curious about how they would spend their time.

Dahyun shrugged, leaning back against the wall. "Honestly, I don't have a solid plan. Just taking it easy. Oh, and I'll be fixing my car today. It broke down yesterday after dropping you off," she explained.

"Really? How did you get home then?"

"Believe it or not, DK was my knight in shining armor this time. He offered to give me a ride back home. Can you imagine?" Dahyun said, her tone laced with amusement. "He can be annoying, but he has his moments."

"You know, I might not know much about cars, but I can at least lend a hand. Maybe we can fix it together," she said, her lips carving into a smile.

"You? Fixing a car?" the other girl asked, her disbelief evident.

Sana couldn't hold back a chuckle. "Well, I don't actually know how to fix anything. If I did, the first thing I would fix is my broken family," she said, her voice tinged with humor, careful not to let the weight of her words darken the mood.

Dahyun smiled softly, sensing the bittersweet undertone. "You're being silly, Sana."

"So… if you're willing to teach me a thing or two about cars, I'm all ears."

"Actually, that's not a bad idea. You never know when some basic knowledge about cars might come in handy."

//

Dahyun leaned against the front of the car's open hood, her fingers pointing out various components as she explained. "Alright, so this right here is the engine. It's like the heart of the car, powering everything and making it run."

Sana nodded, her gaze shifting between Dahyun's animated gestures and the engine parts. She was captivated by the girl's expertise, finding herself lost in admiration for her friend's skills. This wasn't the first time Dahyun had shared her knowledge with Sana. From everyday life hacks to more practical skills, she had become her go-to teacher for all things practical and hands-on.

As she continued explaining, Sana's mind wandered slightly, a soft smile playing on her lips. She remembered the time Dahyun had patiently guided her through using a washing machine for the first time, or when they had giggled like schoolgirls while attempting to build a birdhouse. Each memory was etched with the girl's patience and willingness to share her wisdom.

Suddenly, Dahyun's voice pulled Sana back to the present. "Sana, are you even paying attention?" she asked.

Sana quickly snapped out of her reverie, her cheeks flushing slightly. "Of course, I am," she replied, her tone a mix of innocence and mischief. "You were saying something about the carburetor, right?"

"Nice try, but we're not talking about carburetors right now. We're on the engine basics."

"Sorry, I guess I got a bit distracted."

The other girl laughed, a warm sound that eased Sana's embarrassment. "It's okay. If you want, we can start from the beginning again."

//

Finally, with Dahyun's guidance, the car engine hummed to life, and the sense of accomplishment was evident on both of their faces. As she stepped out of the vehicle, she gave Sana a thumbs-up and grinned. "There you go, it's working perfectly now."

" I can't believe I actually helped fix a car."

Dahyun leaned against the car, looking thoughtful. "You know what we should do now? Let's go for a drive. We can grab some ice cream, find a nice spot, and just chill."

Sana considered the idea for a moment, her gaze thoughtful. "That sounds nice, actually. Anything to take my mind off things."

"Are you sure everything's okay? You seem a little off today."

"Yeah, everything's the same. Don't worry about it too much."

"Alright then, let's go have some fun." Dahyun tossed the car keys to Sana, a playful glint in her eyes. "You're driving."

Sana's eyes widened as she caught the keys, "Wait, I don't know how to drive," she admitted.

"Well, looks like it's time to learn. Don't worry, I'll guide you."

Sana's initial anxiety melted away as she saw the other girl's confident grin. She followed Dahyun to the driver's seat, sliding in behind the wheel. The girl remained by her side, explaining the basics of starting the engine, adjusting mirrors, and shifting gears. Sana's fingers tightened around the steering wheel, her focus solely on Dahyun's instructions.

"Okay, now gently press down on the gas pedal."

Sana hesitated for a moment before slowly pressing the pedal down. The engine roared to life, and she couldn't help but feel a rush of exhilaration. "Great job. Now, let's ease out the clutch slowly..." Dahyun said gently.

//

Hours later, the sun began to dip below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow across the landscape. Sana and Dahyun found themselves seated atop the pickup truck's roof, indulging in the ice cream they had eagerly anticipated. The

Please log in to read the full chapter