fin.

jell & jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay… camera starts rolling in three… two…"

 

"..."

 

"... Oh my God, Jimin— Stop that! Hahahaha— That tickles!"

 

Aeri feels Jimin smile against her neck, the taller woman pressing soft kisses on her neck.

 

"Haha– okay, okay– hey!" Aeri giggles even more when Jimin kisses Aeri’s lips for longer than two seconds. "Jimin-ie, behave."

 

"Okay."

 

Jimin does as she's told, not before kissing Aeri again, breaking into a fit of giggles beside her girlfriend. Flapping her arms on her sides, she does her cute habit of pursing her lips and Aeri fights the urge to coo at her and kiss her.

 

Today, the couple is supposed to be filming a video for jell and jimin , the YouTube channel Aeri had founded when she was younger.

 

It started off as a joke when she was 12, posting videos of her jokingly playing the clarinet, doing the Harlem dance with her friends, or messing around with her old Littlest Pet Shop dolls. Jimin insisted on keeping those videos for the 'memories', but really, Aeri thinks that Jimin just wants to even more with those cringey videos.

 

But then Aeri started to do vlogs, at school, at home, literally everywhere. She started filming videos of her peers and herself on her old iPhone 8, posting them for fun on her YouTube channel. And when she got to afford a decent camera, she started to follow the famous trends she came across.

 

Jimin thought running a YouTube channel was a brilliant idea for someone like Aeri. With her online persona Giselle , she acts quite differently. Giselle oozes confidence in front of the camera, flashing an award-winning smile at the audience of her videos. Garnering over a million subscribers for her channel, Aeri owes it to her magnificent editing skills, her conversational skills that draw her closer to her audience, and her creative mind for thinking of concepts for her videos that are both entertaining and helpful to whoever stumbles across her (and partly Jimin's, at this point, with the amount of appearances Jimin makes in hundreds of her videos) channel.

 

But even with the confidence Giselle displays in front of the camera, Jimin's the only person who could see through her persona and see Aeri, the woman she's in love with. 

 

Today's content will be all about that new trend that's been going on.

 

Aeri doesn’t always post videos. Where's the fun in YouTube if she doesn't also watch videos for her own enjoyment?

 

Owing to YouTube's algorithm, a video of a lesbian couple doing the so-called Chapstick Challenge got recommended to her. And Aeri was intrigued. 

 

She watched as the couple take turns in kissing each other, guessing the flavor of the lip balm on their lover's lips.

 

And when Aeri told Jimin about it, naturally, the older woman was enthusiastic. 

 

The challenge involved three things Jimin loved – Aeri totally did not plan this out meticulously just to ensure that Jimin would enjoy filming this as much as she would, absolutely not – and Aeri was certain Jimin would be having fun filming this video. 

 

First was a variety of chapsticks, all of the different flavors that Aeri made sure were sweet. Aeri knew Jimin loves lip products, and this would be perfect. Jimin never not brought a couple of lip products with her, be it lip gloss, her favorite shade of red lipstick, or just any sort of lip products that Jimin fancied. She was initially torn between the candy challenge and the chapstick challenge, but made her final decision when she took this trivia into account.

 

The second would be kissing. The count of the kisses that they share every day was over a thousand. Aeri's already lost count of how many kisses she gives Jimin and vice versa every day. That was how much they both loved kisses from each other. 

 

And third, would be… filming a video with Aeri. Jimin never shied away from the camera if given the opportunity to, especially if it was something that involved Aeri. Jimin never complained, even if Aeri dragged her out of nowhere at 3 am in the morning to film a vlog with her for no reason at all.

 

…The truth was that Aeri's been planning on making a video like this for the longest time, especially after she watched Yizhuo and Minjeong's video after getting the notification from their channel NYZ & KMJ. Honestly, she was more intrigued by how Minjeong actually agreed to film it with Yizhuo, knowing how much Minjeong didn't normally like the attention, especially from millions of strangers online. Well, it didn't really come as a surprise, knowing how ridiculously good Yizhuo was at getting Minjeong out of her comfort zone or whatever it was that Yizhuo said every time Minjeong does something she normally wouldn't. 

 

The video that YouTube had recommended to her was just the hammer on the nail, so Aeri decided on actually filming the video this time.

 

"Here, let me put this blindfold on you," Aeri suddenly says, wrapping the cloth around Jimin's head, covering her eyes.

 

"Ooh, very ," Jimin teases, poking Aeri's side, snickering when Aeri smacks her arm in shock.

 

"Jimin!" Aeri exclaims, mouth dropping in surprise at her girlfriend's boldness.

 

"Make sure to put a content warning before the video starts."

 

Swat. 

 

"...Ouch."

 

"No funny business, Jimin-ah," warned Aeri. Jimin had this look on her face, like she was insulted by Aeri's words, but it just makes Aeri laugh. Jimin looked too much like a sad puppy who wanted treats from its master.

 

Cracking her knuckles, Aeri nodded to Jimin. "Let's start?" Jimin nods back and Aeri faces the camera.

 

"Alright, cameras start rolling in three, two, one—"

 

"Actually, hold up one second." Aeri pulls the blindfold off Jimin's eyes, making Jimin blink. "You're fine with this, right?"

 

Jimin quickly nods. "Why wouldn't I? Anything that has to do with kissing my girlfriend will have me saying 'yes' immediately."

 

"Just checking, in case you feel like backing out now."

 

"Are you doubting my YouTubing skills, Aeri-ya?!"

 

Aeri shakes her head, giggling before pressing a peck on Jimin’s lips.

 

"You're already a great YouTuber. Now, let's start the video for real. In three, two, one—"

 

"What's up, my lovely sunshines?! I'm back with another video! I know that it's been a while since my last video, and it was a bit short too, so I decided to come back with a new video that's longer than the last one! Well, you could say that it's a special video for Valentine's Day too, since it's coming up in a few days' time!" she winks at the camera. Then she turns to Jimin, who was clueless, with the blindfold on, staring at the wrong side. "And as you can see, I have my giant dork here with me now as my guest-"

 

"Hi!" Jimin brightly says, waving at the wall. Giselle giggles, gently guiding Jimin to look at the camera. 

 

"Look here, Min. The camera's right here." Jimin's brows were furrowed in confusion. 

 

"It's here? " asks Jimin, pointing at the camera. Aeri nods despite Jimin not being able to see her with her blindfold, and it's a shame that Jimin couldn't see the bright smile on Giselle's face. 

 

"Yeah, it's here," replied Giselle, chuckling softly as she looked at the camera. "And as you can see, I brought Jimin-ie along with me again, since you guys keep on commenting under a lot of my videos, about how I need to include her the next time I post a video. I honestly agree with you all, because I love it whenever Jimin-ie's featured in one of my videos," Giselle admits, cheeks almost as red as the shade of the lipstick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter