of mishaps and proposals

of mishaps and proposals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started going downhill on one fateful day.

 

See, Jimin had been planning The Proposal™ quite some time ago. She was discreet in getting Minjeong's ring size measurement, just as she was when asking Yizhuo to suss out how Minjeong wants to be proposed. Really, she gives herself an imaginary pat on her back for not being found out. But she would not have imagined how things would play out.

 

Jimin planned to propose to Minjeong at Namsan Park because isn't it a romantic cliché to pop the question at a place with nice scenery? (Minjeong would probably disagree because that girl has no romantic bones in her at all.) Okay, but to tell the truth, Jimin chose the spot because it is one of Minjeong's favourite after they accidentally stumbled upon it while they were hiking up the mountain once before.

 

But the problem was that first of all, there were a lot of people at Namsan on the day they visited and there was practically little to no space for the couple to even navigate around the place with many people queuing to take pictures. Turns out some celebrity had visited that area a few days prior and it became a hot photo-taking spot.

 

Second, someone else apparently had the same brilliant idea of proposing to their partner on the exact same day at the exact same place and had created a buzz around them. What are the odds seriously?

 

And so, Jimin can only improvise. She does not want to propose to Minjeong on the same day at the same place where a couple just did because that's just not fun! She decides that she can do it as they make their way down the mountain, all while enjoying the chill breeze at night. What's better than doing it at a place with much fewer people right? She can probably act like she needs to tie her shoelaces and take out the ring to propose. Yes, good thing she's wearing her sneakers. Jimin thinks this might work better than her previous plan until…

 

"Do you feel it?" Minjeong turns and asks while swinging their intertwined hands as they slowly make their way down the steep slope.

 

"Feel what?" Jimin looks at her.

 

"Hmm, this?" Minjeong raises her palm up. "Weird, I thought I felt it earlier." She looks up at the sky.

 

Jimin looks up at the sky too, curious as to what Minjeong is saying until she feels small droplets on her face.

 

", it's raining!" Jimin exclaims as she feels more water droplets on her. Minjeong squeals and quickly pulls her along as they start running down the slope to seek shelter.

 

Needless to say, Jimin got too discouraged to try again that day.

 

 




















 

 

Today. Today will be the day. Jimin can feel it in her. She had checked the weather forecast beforehand, it's all good. No celebrities have posted anything about Seoul Forest for the past week either.

 

So here she is, standing alone at Seoul Forest, waiting for her girlfriend to arrive. Jimin's not sure if she's shivering from the cold or from her jittery. She reaches into her padding's pocket to find the ring, her heart dropping immediately when she couldn't feel it with her gloved hands. Pulling out her hand carefully, she removes her gloves immediately and quickly sticks her hand back in, only heaving a sigh of relief when she feels the cold sensation of a ring in her pocket. She takes it out and toys it with her fingers as she looks at the snow covered ground. She can do this, Minjeong loves her and even if she makes a fool out of herself, Minjeong will still say yes right?

 

Her mind replays her plan one more time as she waits for Minjeong to arrive. First, she will bring Minjeong on a walk around her favourite forest. Then, she will find a moment when Minjeong isn't looking and get down on one knee. The younger will turn and get surprised at the scene of Jimin holding up a ring asking for her hand in marriage and she will say yes and they will get married and live happily ever after. Jimin nods to herself in affirmation. Things will go well today.

 

"Boo!"

 

"Ack!" Jimin shrieks, dropping the ring in surprise. Her eyes widen in shock as she watches the ring bounce off the pavement somewhere into the mounds of snow. In her defence, she was so engrossed thinking about the plan that she didn't even realise that Minjeong had creeped up behind her.

 

"What's with that face?" Minjeong laughs and points at Jimin while clutching her stomach.

 

Jimin panics internally as she's torn between what to do. Should she act like nothing's wrong or explain everything to Minjeong and ask her to look for the ring together? She gives a quick glance around trying to find the ring but to no avail. Jimin wants to pull all her hair out because how can she lose the most important prop!

 

Jimin decides there and then that she should find the ring. That's right, Minjeong would make fun of her but she would most likely also scold her if she lost such an expensive item.

 

"IwasgoingtoproposetoyoubutIdroppedthering-"

 

"Woah Jimin, slow down, I don't understand what you're saying," Minjeong interrupts with her brows furrowed. She regains a serious composure as she senses something amiss.

 

Jimin places a hand on her heart, attempting to calm herself down. "I was going to propose to you but I dropped the ring!"

 

The look on Minjeong's face is comical as it ranges from confusion to disbelief to shock. If it wasn't for the situation, Jimin would have definitely made fun of her. After a pause, Minjeong finally opens .

 

"You what? Wait, are you kidding?!"

 

"I'm not kidding!" Jimin huffs, frustrated as she drops down to the ground, trying to find the ring in the snow.

 

"Oh my god, you are not kidding." Minjeong drops to the ground next to Jimin and starts searching through the snow as well.

 

"Oh I see something shiny!"

 

"Where-"

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter