100 Days, Pretend You're In Love

I'm yours to keep, and I'm yours to lose

“All you have to do is look at me and pretend that you’re in love.”

She said it like it was the simplest thing in the world,  like all he have to do is look into those big, beautiful – scratch that – brown, he meant big brown eyes and just like magic he’ll instantly fall in love?

…Maybe-

He shakes his head as the thought crosses his mind. That would be the last thing that could ever happen-

“What.” she snapped, maybe thinking that the shake of his head was meant to be a ‘no’

The girl’s forehead creases into a frown and one of the corners of Jaewook’s lips curled upward as she even quickly reached out to hold- more like grab - his hand, tight – as if the girl thought that would stop him if he even tries to run away. Why would he?

But, just for the sake of annoying her more he didn’t say anything. Jaewook tilted his head to the side, his eyes staring right back into hers knowing clearly the girl will never be the first to look away.

“You said you’ll do anything for me.” Then she said.

And just like that her glare softens into the one she knows - they both know - would always make him weak. Damn him for showing her his weakness that one time. Jaewook once again was the first to look down, his hand never leaving hers, for Somin of course wouldn’t let go until she gets what she wants.

“You’ll do anything.” She even repeated and Jaewook grimaced at her honesty.  “As long as I give you money, right?”

But then his smile grew just by hearing that word.  He slowly looked up again, just not to be obvious that it was only what he was waiting to hear all this time. Only to notice instantly how the girl’s hair was getting messy because of the strong wind that he has the sudden urge to tuck a strand of hair behind his ear- wait. What? – he meant…

“How much are you going to give me?”

Somin confidently named the price but Jaewook of course has to ask her to raise it up just a little bit. And after all her complains it still ended with Jaewook getting what he wants.

Somin sighed and blew a hair off her face and Jaewook finds it cute.

No.

“Pretend you’re in love with me for a hundred days until my ex boyfriend, stalker, or whatever he is, finally leaves me alone.”

The girl’s hand suddenly slipped off his hold and that’s just when Jaewook realized that he was really the one grabbing into Somin’s hand all this time.

He was dumbfounded for a second.

“This is the last time.” But then he says

Somin blinked until her lips formed into a smile because just like she always said, she knows he will never say no to money.

“Whatever.” She just said before walking away.