University Days

Professor Bae?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon lost count of the times her cousin let out a frustrated groan. Her eyes went to Joohyun, who looked so frustrated as she looked at her Ipad with angry eyes. “Your Ipad is innocent, Baechu.” the psychology student hits her cousin’s arm as she places her apple pencil down, Joohyun is having a hard time with her term paper for this semester, and her cousin Taeyeon is far from being helpful.

“If only you could suggest how I can do it!” Taeyeon can only laugh at her cousin’s misery. The brunette woman turns off her Ipad as she looks at Taeyeon. She’s the only person that she knows that can help her at this point.

“You are seriously asking me to write your term paper because it’s all about dating and meeting people?!” Joohyun groaned again as she slumped her face on the table like a frustrated bunny. The Senior musical therapy student can only laugh at her cousin’s misery.

Taeyeon was just about to talk when she saw her girlfriend Jessica coming in. “Okay, why is Hyun like that?” Taeyeon chuckled as she tapped the chair beside her, Joohyun could only pout her lips, and Jessica shrugged as she patted the younger girl’s head.

“She needs to write a term paper about dating and meeting people.” Jessica’s turn was to laugh at Joohyun’s misery this time. The psychology student can only glare at her cousin’s girlfriend.

“See, this is what you get from not meeting around and having fun.” Jessica was laughing as she patted Joohyun’s back. Taeyeon can only laugh again as she see how hard it was for Joohyun.

“Do you want me to set you up with someone? Come on, meet her, friendly date.” Taeyeon winks at her cousin, Jessica’s face brightens as she hits her girlfriend’s arm. The indie singer wiggled her brows when she saw Joohyun staring at her with no emotions.

“Come on! Joohyun, loosen up! Just try once. I’m sure Taeyeon won’t set you up with weirdos. Even if Taeyeon is a weirdo.” Joohyun could only chuckle as she placed her Ipad inside her bag. Looking at the bickering couple before her, her mind suddenly entered different dimensions. The psychology student imagined herself doing what Taeyeon and Jessica were doing since she’s been a third wheel to the couple since Joohyun entered the university.

“Okay then, set me up with someone.” Taeyeon stood up from her chair wildly, so the other people from the nearby table immediately looked at them. Joohyun hates receiving attention, so the psychology student internally cursed.

Joohyun immediately runs out of the library, leaving Taeyeon and Jessica grinning at each other.

What could possibly go wrong?

-

Joohyun is anxious. She asked her seatmate Chorong if she had already managed to start with their term paper. Joohyun only got the answer, “Of course, Eunji is helping me with it.” the harsh reality hit Joohyun: she was far behind in completing her term paper and was not open to meeting other people.

The psychology student breathes out as she leans her head on her locker. The reality is sinking in. Jessica was right. It was wrong of her to focus on studying without trying to meet other people. Who is even getting stressed in terms of writing a paper about dating and meeting people? “Hey? Are you okay?” the brunette was surprised when she heard a soft voice. The psychology student immediately spotted a woman with short cooper colored hair, the woman was shorter than her, and Joohyun thought it was cute to find someone smaller than her.

“I’m fine.” Joohyun gulped the lump in before she immediately started running, she saw the woman trying to stop her, but Joohyun didn’t dare to look back or talk more. She feels so scared and shy to do so.

When she reached the canteen, she saw Jessica raising her hand and immediately went to their table. “Taeyeon ordered already. Take your seat.” Jessica was eyeing Joohyun, who was panting. The psychology student even reached for her tumbler before she started drinking, probably to quench the thirst that she was feeling after running. “Did you just run from your building up to here?” Joohyun is a terrible liar. All her friends and family knew that, so when Jessica saw Joohyun shake her head, she let out a loud chuckle before watching the younger girl.

“Oh, you are here. I thought…” Taeyeon’s words stopped when they saw the same woman Joohyun saw near their locker area. The brunette gulped as she looked at Jessica with pleading eyes, probably asking her to end her right at this moment, but Jessica, being the menace, just grinned and looked at the woman. “Seungwan, over here.” Joohyun closed her eyes as she grabbed her bag and was just about to stand up when Jessica grabbed her wrist to prevent her from doing so.

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon eonnie.” Taeyeon just shrugged before she gestured for Jessica to stand up. Her girlfriend gladly complied, so the indie singer motioned Seungwan to sit beside Joohyun, who looked like she was experiencing constipation.

Jessica couldn’t help to giggle when she saw how Joohyun shifted in her seat when Seungwan occupied the chair beside her. “So, Joohyun, this is Seungwan. She’s a Musical Therapy student as well. Also, a member of a band.” Joohyun nods in understanding, but the woman can’t even meet Seungwan’s eyes. She can see in her peripheral vision that the woman beside her is looking at her. “Seungwan, this is my cousin Joohyun. She’s a third-year psychology major. She usually spends her time sleeping at the library and sitting in the park area of the University.” Seungwan smiles as she extends her hand. Joohyun looks at it before she meets the eyes of the said woman for the first time since their funny and weird encounter at the locker area. Joohyun felt light when she met her gaze. Everything felt soft and warm, her eyes filled with happiness, and Joohyun suddenly felt all those engraved into her system.

The psychology student gave the music therapy student a faint smile before she reached for her hand to give it a shake. “Nice to meet you, Joohyun eonnie?” Joohyun giggles as she finds Seungwan so cute. Taeyeon and Jessica watched in amusement as they saw how Joohyun laughed and looked at the younger woman.

“Nice to meet you too, Seungwanie?” Seungwan’s warm smile is like a blanket that covers Joohyun. It feels like everything changed. Everything became lighter. Joohyun isn’t complaining and is more than willing to embrace this change.

And Joohyun once again said, what could possibly even go wrong with having a woman like Seungwan in her life?

-

Joohyun hates it. She hates it whenever it’s cold and raining. The psychology student sighed as she waited in line for today's Hot Chocolate served in the Cafeteria. The brunette heard a groan from the person near her. “I waited almost fifteen minutes, and it’s sold out, including the strawberry cake!” Joohyun groans as well before she starts to walk off the line. The brunette's stomach growls, so she goes to the gazebo in one university area.

The psychology student was about to open her bag to get her fitness bar to satisfy her hunger when she saw Seungwan approaching her direction. Her eyes were trained toward the musical therapy student. “Joohyun eonnie! I was waiting for you at the cafeteria.” Joohyun spots Seungwan holding two hot chocolates and another plastic containing some pieces of bread. But Joohyun noticed that Seungwan only wore her hoodie, which covered her head from the rain.

Seungwan smiled at her as she placed the food that she got. “You sneaky kid! Look at the rain, and you didn’t even bother to bring an umbrella!” Joohyun scolds her while she’s watching Seungwan untying the knot she made on the plastic containing the variety of bread. The psychology student pulls her to sit beside her as she removes the hood that she’s wearing. “Seungwan, it’s flu season. Please take care of yourself, hmm?” Seungwan watched her eonnie as she started wiping her head using the small handkerchief that she got.

Joohyun and Seungwan started to hang out ever since that epic day at the locker area and cafeteria. It’s been almost a month since they began eating together and spending a lot of time. The time in question is them eating and studying together. “Eonnie, I waited almost an hour to get this hot chocolate.” Seungwan hands it to the psychology student who had just finished fixing her hair after wiping it. Joohyun can only smile as she gets the cup from her friend. “I don’t know what your favorite bread is. So I ended up buying it all.” Seungwan chuckled as she put all the plastic contents on the table. The gazebo is nearly filled with lots of bread, and Joohyun’s eyes widen upon seeing it. Seungwan really got the tendency to be extra, and Joohyun thinks that it is so funny and cute at the same time.

“Seungwan-ah! That is a lot of bread!” Seungwan giggles as she opens a Palmier. She watches Joohyun eat a piece of purple macaroon before sipping her hot chocolate. Joohyun’s eyes sparkle, and Seungwan feels happy and proud.

“Do you know I acted cute to the woman trying to get those purple macaroons?” Joohyun’s eyebrows twitched as she looked at the busy younger woman eating her Palmier. Something suddenly made Joohyun bothered. Her eyes were trained on the younger woman in front of her. “Purple is your favorite color, and I want to get those purple macaroons, but the woman in front of me loved those too. So I did some aegyo, and it worked!” Seungwan feels so proud of her achievement. The fact that she managed to give Joohyun her favorite color and her favorite macaroons makes her heart blossom with pride. Especially when she saw Joohyun’s eyes sparkle earlier when she first took a bite.

But Joohyun is far from being impressed. Something is bugging her, and she feels this tightness in her chest. She tries to drink some hot chocolate to remove that feeling in , but she just miserably fails.

The whole lunchtime became silent. Joohyun was just looking at the different bread in front of her. “Do you have plans today, eonnie?” Joohyun was surprised when she heard Seungwan speak. Her eyes meet the younger woman who has just finished her second piece of bread.

“N...Nothing, I was planning to go back to the dorm after my last class.” Joohyun stated as she fixed her bag before looking at Seungwan, smiling brightly at her. Joohyun will never deny the fact that Seungwan made her life brighter. She became open to many different things after knowing the musical therapy student. Joohyun usually goes straight home after class, will either play her usual games on her phone until she feels like studying, then will catch up with her family in Daegu.

But that cycle changed after she started hanging out with Seungwan, Joohyun rarely says it, but she enjoys spending every day with the woman. She also finds it cute and comforting whenever Seungwan smiles warmly at her. She might only have known her briefly, but Joohyun feels this attachment, and she’s fond of seeing Seungwan. “Eonnie, my band will be performing for the first time ever. Maybe you can come and watch us? It will be in the Pub near the university.” Joohyun rarely goes out, but seeing Seungwan perform with her band for the first time made her feel excited and proud. She can see Seungwan giving her puppy eyes, making Joohyun feel weak and soft.

“Okay, I’ll be there,” Joohyun muttered, and she never saw Seungwan smile that brightly. Joohyun wonders if Seungwan thinks she’s like a softie puppy because Joohyun is so fond of the woman’s softness and cuteness.

And Joohyun realizes that it is pretty hard to say no to Seungwan. But still, what could possibly go wrong, right?

-

Back then, Pubs used to be a foreign place for Joohyun. She rarely went there and could count on her fingers the number of times she’s been in one. The last is probably Taeyeon’s performance with her band for their debut album.

Joohyun goes inside. She’s wearing a denim jacket, plain white tee, and denim pants. As soon as she stepped in, she saw many eyes in her direction. It was so uncomfortable for the psychology student. Just when she was about to exit the Pub, she felt an arm around her waist and spotted Seungwan smiling. “Thank you for coming, eonnie. I reserved a table for you.” Joohyun gulps as she meets Seungwan’s eyes, the woman changes her hair color to blonde, and Joohyun thinks she looks way better with this hair. “Were you overwhelmed by the amount of people?” Joohyun slowly nodded, her eyes still trained on Seungwan’s eyes. Everything felt like a blanket to Joohyun. The woman hated when people touched her, especially people she was not very close with, but this one felt different. Joohyun feels so comfortable with this skinship.

How can someone she met a month ago change her this much? “I…I’m sorry. I was not trying to run away because of you.” Seungwan chuckled as she guided Joohyun to the table she had reserved for her, the blonde could hear her bandmates teasing her, but the vocalist just shrugged as she pulled the chair for Joohyun.

“Yes, eonnie. I know you can’t run away from me.” Seungwan even winks at Joohyun, making the psychology student roll her eyes in annoyance. Seungwan is indeed a menace, a menace that Joohyun couldn’t get enough of.

Joohyun will never say this, but she feels happy and proud that Seungwan is pursuing something that she wants and love. Her passion for performing and singing is something that she will always carry.

Joohyun couldn’t hide her smile when she saw Seungwan wave her hand to her as soon as she stepped on the stage. She sees nothing but pure happiness as she watches Seungwan set the mood for the whole pub place. The brunette will always be in awe whenever she sees Seungwan smiling and happily vibing on the stage with her acoustic guitar. “Is she always this cute?” Joohyun whispers as she reaches for the bottle of beer that Seungwan handed her before she starts singing, Joohyun gulps the alcohol, and she can feel it in . “What am I even saying?” Joohyun shrugged as she continued to drink the content of her beer. She is confused about what she’s been thinking, and Joohyun needs time to process her thoughts. She was about to stand up, but Joohyun saw Seungwan slowly open her eyes as she muttered the last part of the song. The blonde vocalist met her eyes, and Joohyun felt way more lost in those eyes. Joohyun could only breathe out as she tried to calm herself down and hide her red ears.

Joohyun realizes that something is probably wrong at this point in time.

-

Joohyun is confused. Her eyes were trained on her Ipad, her term paper was progressing, and that is all thanks to Seungwan and her presence. “Hey, Chorong, can I ask you a question?” Joohyun asked her friend while she was holding her apple pen. Chorong nods before she stops writing to look at Joohyun, who looks utterly confused. “Can you give me possible reasons why I keep wanting to see someone and why their presence can make me feel lost? Yet despite feeling lost, I think I’m enjoying having them near me.” Joohyun is clueless in this type of setting; she usually doesn’t understand her feelings, and it is hard for her to express herself and her true intentions.

“Maybe you are developing feelings for that person?” Joohyun immediately stood up from her chair, resulting for it to fall on the ground and create a noise. Chorong was identically surprised by what Joohyun did. She didn’t expect her friend to react that way. “Ya, we might be kicked out of this library because of you!” Chorong hits Joohyun’s arm before she reaches for the chair that just fell. The other psychology student pulls the brunette to sit on her chair again. “Maybe you are infatuated? There’s a possibility for that one too.” Joohyun took her time thinking and realized that she’s been with Seungwan for three months. They always spend a lot of time together, even on weekends. “Try to avoid that person for like a week or two? Then see how it will go.” the brunette looks at her Ipad before she looks back to her friend, who is smiling warmly at her.

“What does that mean if I keep wanting to see them after that period?” Chorong chuckles before she pats Joohyun’s head. The bell started ringing, too, a sign that they needed to head to their next class.

“Joohyun, that only means one thing, you are slowly developing feelings for that person.” Joohyun could only sigh as she saw Chorong leaving the library. The brunette can only hide her face in her book and internally groan.


What is this dilemma that she is even facing?

-

During the past few months, Seungwan was used to meeting Irene outside their classroom, and they will spend some time walking around or sometimes riding her car listening to music, and eating snacks. Today, Seungwan planned to bring her eonnie to a carnival near the busy streets of Gangnam.

The blonde singer was standing outside Joohyun’s classroom. She was holding her car keys and gripping her guitar bag. Seungwan bows to the professor when she sees her leave the room. Her excitement for the carnival is now on the highest level, especially when she sees Joohyun preparing to head out of their classroom. But everything changed (when the fire nation attacked /j) when she saw Joohyun with her male classmate. “Oh…Seungwan,” the blonde awkwardly waved her hand to the older woman. Joohyun excused herself before she went near her friend. “Why? Is there a problem? What are you doing here?” Seungwan tries her very best to avoid the woman’s gaze. The blonde shook her head before she flashed her soft smile, which still made Joohyun weak.

“N…Nothing, eonnie, I was just…” Seungwan couldn’t finish her words when she heard Joohyun’s male classmate and her friend Chorong calling her. “Go, eonnie. Your friends are waiting for you.” Seungwan waved her hand before running, leaving Joohyun staring at her as she slowly vanished.

The brunette could only internally sigh before she followed her classmates toward the newly opened Pub around the area. Upon settling in the Pub, Joohyun was immediately passed a bottle of beer. “Are you okay?” Bogum, her classmate, asked as he passed Joohyun some snacks. The psychology student could only nod her head. Her thoughts were now filled with the happening earlier. “You know you can tell me what is bothering you, right?” Joohyun looks at Bogum before she starts drinking again. The brunette shrugged before she looked at the stage of the Pub, it was empty, and Joohyun suddenly thought of Seungwan.

How lovely would it be to have the singer here right now, setting the mood and helping her enjoy the rest of her night. Joohyun feels the bitterness in as she continues to drink the content of her drink. How come can her mind is filled with Seungwan and only Seungwan. “Joohyun, slow down.” Joohyun heard Chorong’s voice but ignored her friend’s advice and finished the whole beer bottle in one go.

At this point, Joohyun needs to accept the truth. She needs to take that something is bubbling in her chest and find a way to slowly get this out. But how? How can she do it when she is not ready to accept the truth.

The truth is that she’s attached and slowly developing feelings for Seungwan.

-

Seungwan was spacing out inside the band room they shared with Taeyeon’s band. The vocalist groans as she reaches for her phone for the fifth time in ten minutes. “Are you expecting a message from someone? It’s like the fifth time you reached for your phone in ten minutes!” Taeyeon said into the mic, earning a chuckle from everyone in the room. The short-haired vocalist immediately shook her head before placing it back in her pocket. “Is it Joohyun? How is everything going with you two?” Taeyeon laughed as she removed her guitar and put it on the stand. Seungwan, on the other hand, can only avoid the gaze of her friend’s cousin. That gesture was not left unnoticed by Taeyeon, who immediately went near her. “Why? Is there any problem?” Seungwan really doesn’t know what to answer. She is confused. She rarely spots Joohyun in their favorite space, the gazebo. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter