The Rivals Meet Again

Love's Pit Stop
Please log in to read the full chapter

Winter looked around with nervous eyes. She's in front of a lot of people again. Cameras flashing, questions overlapping. 

"Winter, what are your thoughts for the new season?"

"Winter, do you think Red Bull can win the constructor's championship again?"

"Karina, are you confident that you can win against the Red Bulls this season?" 

The facilitator stopped the journalists from asking another question. 

"Let's ask one by one, yes?" Winter said while smiling. 

"Are you confident that you'll win again?" A journalist asked. Winter won her 3rd world championship last season, and she's aiming for her fourth this year.

"I mean, if our car is much faster than last season, then yes." Winter tried her best to keep her eyes on the journalists in front. 

"Do you think you can tie Karina's record?" She closed her eyes momentarily. Why is she always associated with that girl? 

"Yes, I can and will surpass her records," her eyes looked at the girl from the other side of the table. The woman was grinning from ear to ear while wearing her red shirt.

"Do you agree, Karina?" All eyes are on them. They have been Formula 1's most talked about drivers since 7 years ago when they were just rookies. Karina won the championship while Winter was fourth overall. 

"No, of course not. She won last year by only 27 points, I think it is fair to say that I would be winning this season by a lot more." She answered proudly. Karina was always proud of her skills, confident. 

Their rivalry goes way back. They have been karting together since they were 5. Never been on the same team, because there could only be one who can be a world champion. 

"It has been a month since Yeji passed away, can you tell us about her son?" Winter stiffened. 

"No, sorry. We are asking to refrain from questions about our son," Karina mumbled sharply. 

Yeji was their best friend. Like them, she was a racer. Maybe, she loves racing more than they love racing. She was in an accident a month ago, leaving her son in their care. It has been a month, and yet, Winter is still affected. She still feels the pain and numbness of losing her best friend. 

The press conference ended shortly. Winter sighed before taking off the microphone. She adjusted her shirt and started walking towards her paddock. She still has half a day to spen

Please log in to read the full chapter