Caring

Caring

Changmin's POV

 

I woke up after a long night of a rehearsal for our new concert, to my alarm clock flashing 5:40 am after pressing the snooze button for the fourth time. I groaned and stretched, raising my arms high above my head and hearing some of the bones crack. Rubbing my head, I sat up noticing that Yunho hadn't come in to wake me up. I listened for a few seconds, trying to hear anything from the older male's room, but there was nothing,. Normally, the leader was an early riser, and because I tended to oversleep, would wake me up before the second snooze went off. Not hearing anything I shrugged, too sleepy to really think about it at the moment. Getting out of the bed and going into the bathroom, I took a 20 minute shower and got dressed. This morning we had an early morning photo shoot in Japan and had to be ready to leave the apartment by 7. I brushed my teeth, put on my shoes and grabbed my cellphone.

I still hadn't heard anything from Yunho's room, yet. That never was a good sign.

Worried, I walked to his bedroom and knocked on his door. When I didn't hear anything, I opened the door and walked into the room.

All of the lights were off and the curtains closed. A mental red flag went up. Something was wrong. Slowly I walked into the room, careful not to trip over anything laying on the floor. Hyung always was a little careless and messy, which sometimes led to a few arguments and someone getting hit upside the head. Ahem. I finally made it to the bedside, no accidents involved, and saw Yunho curled up under the bedsheets.

“Hyung?” I called out softly. No response. “Yunho?” I tried again. A slight groan. I couldn't see his face properly without any light, so I his nightstand lamp beside the bed. He gave a small whimper and scrunched his face up as if in pain. Uh oh. I began to shake him to see if he would wake up. His only response, another groan. Oh, this is not good.

I brushed the bangs away from his forehead and placed my hand there, feeling for a fever. It was hot. , I mentally cursed. I dialed the manager and told him the situation. Of course manager-sshi wasn't happy about it and promptly told me to give him some medicine and get to the studio. I hung up.

Turning my attention back to my friend, I noticed he had curled into a tighter ball away from the light. Poor hyung, he must really be feeling bad. I switched the light to its lowest setting so it wouldn't hurt him as much and rubbed his back, trying to wake him up again.

“Come on, Hyung. Wake up.” I cooed gently. It works and he finally rolls over facing me, his eyes barely cracked open.

“How are you feeling?” I asked him, worried. He swallowed, closing his eyes for a few seconds, and reopened them. “Like crap.” he chuckled, his voice hoarse, before coughing violently. I quickly sat him up, so he could breathe easier. His coughing fit subsided after a few moments.

“Changmin, I don't feel so good.” He commented, looking a little sick. I paled, and quickly gathered him up, and took him into the bathroom so he could vomit.

He emptied last night's dinner into the toilet, clutching tightly to the bowl his knuckles white. Gross. My nose scrunched up at the acrid smell. I his hair back, keeping it out of his face. He finally leaned back after a few more heaves, and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. I flushed it and rubbed his back, trying to comfort him. He hasn't been sick like this in a long time.

“Yunho, I think you should go to the hospital.” I said, worried about his condition.

He shook his head and said roughly, “No, I'll be fine.” I didn't believe him of course, but I couldn't argue with him. He was almighty Leader-sshi and nothing in the world could possibly hurt him. I rolled my eyes. Right.

“Alright, let's get you back to bed.” I said, going into 'leader mode' as I'd dubbed it, pulling him up and taking most of his weight as he leaned on me. I made him wash his hands and then we shuffled back into his bedroom. I gently sat him on the bed and placed my hand on his forehead again to see if the fever had gone down.

It didn't. If anything it had gotten higher. Sigh.

I laid him down onto the covers, and pulled the sheets up to cover him before going back to the bathroom to get a cup water and some painkillers. When I came back into the room, Yunho had turned back over and curled into the blankets.

The corners of my lips turned up. Even when he was sick, he was still adorable. I shook my head approaching the bed, and placed the cup of water onto the nightstand. “Here Hyung, take these.” I said, holding out my hand. He sat up a little shaky, the blankets pooling into his lap, and took the two pills before tossing them back without water. Giving him a look that said 'You better drink this or else', I handed him the cup. He gave me a sheepish grin before downing it. He cleared his throat.

“Thank you, Changmin.” he smiled cutely and laid back down. My eyes softened.

“Whatever.” I replied, looking away blushing.

Yunho pouted for a moment but smiled again, patting the space beside him on the bed. I looked at him confused.

“What?”

“Lay here beside me.” he said patting the spot, still smiling.

“Uh, no. I don't want to get sick.” I hated getting sick. I took all sorts of vitamins, and ate healthy foods, and got enough sleep and......Yea. Don't like getting sick.

“...Please?” Oh, great. He's giving me the dreaded puppy dog look. He knows I can't resist that accursed look! Makes me feel guilty, like I just took away his favorite stuffed animal. Grumble grumble.

Mental groan. “Fine.” I mumbled, kicking off my shoes and climbed in under the covers. He grinned turning towards me and snuggled up to my chest, his hot and sweaty head under my chin and a heavy arm around my waist. I shifted, trying to get comfortable and he groaned.

“Stop moving. You're making me dizzy.” he mumbled.

“You're the one using me as a giant teddy bear.” I replied testily.

“But you're my giant teddy bear!” He squeezed me and I squeaked. “See?” Cheeky bastard.

I growled and shifted again, but this time with no objection. Finally comfortable, with my arm pillowing his head, I began to his hair. It must've felt good because he purred in content, like an oversized cat. I laughed softly to myself.

“Hmm?” he hummed.

“Nothing, just go to sleep.”

He coughed once and sniffed, moving to get comfortable. I continued to pet his hair and his breathing began to even out. The warmth of Yunho's body on mine, along with his rhythmic breathing, started to lull me to sleep. So much so, that I almost didn't catch what he said next.

“Love you.” he slurred more than half way asleep, the medicine finally taking effect.

I was a little less than asleep myself, so it took me a little while to register what was said. By this time, Yunho was lightly snoring.

“Love you, too.” I whispered a little put out, but slightly relieved that he wouldn't hear me.

I felt a small grin on my chest.

Ok, so maybe he did hear me, the little faker. Although I couldn't help myself and grinned too, kissing the top of his head and then slipped into oblivion.






A/N: Sickeningly sweet, right? I got a toothache from just writing this XD Might turn it into a two-shot. So, how bad was it? T_T Be honest! Comments are much appreciated! Yunnie will give you a great big bear hug if you do. ^_^