FINAL

purple love notes

Junmyeon picks up the purple post-it note on the lamp near their bedside table. ‘Good Morning Handsome. I love you, I just wanted to make sure those were the first words you saw this morning.’ He smiles, after all these years his husband is still the sweetest man. 

 

Yixing can be forgetful at times, that’s why he likes to write in purple post it notes to remind himself of the things he needs to do. He also likes to write little love notes for his husband, Junmyeon with cheesy messages and puns making the latter fall in love with him, even more, each day.

 

They have been married for 8 years. Their love story is the cliché best friends to lovers where both of them went through insufferable years of mutual pining with each other. Junmyeon still remembers his ‘Oh’ moment, that ‘Oh I think I’m in love with my best friend’ moment came when Yixing, the kindest person ever, rescued him when he collapsed due to exhaustion from juggling studies and baseball at the same time. Everyone was gushing how Yixing carried him ala bridal style from the school field to the clinic like his life depended on it. Junmyeon wakes up after a few hours with Yixing holding his right hand tightly, never averting his gaze. There’s something about the way he looks at him beyond the worried look that sent a thousand butterflies to Junmyeon’s stomach. From then he starts finding everything about his best friend attractive like his dancing, the way he cares for everyone even the simplest things like his dimples, the sound of his laughter, heck even the mole on his left cheek.

 

He freaked out big time, because what the hell is happening? But Baekhyun their dear, dear friend pointed out that, “Junmyeon, you idiot! You and Yixing are clearly in love with each other!”

 

Yixing was the first to confess, One Saturday night in the front door of Junmyeon’s house after their weekly movie night. With trembling hands, Yixing grips Junmyeon’s varsity jacket before the latter turns his back to enter the house. 

 

“J-Junmyeon wait”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I’m in love with you.” 

 

The confession is simple, straightforward it was very Yixing. Junmyeon imagined multiple scenarios in his head how he will confess to Yixing. He actually thought that he’ll be the first one to confess but here they are, his best friend beat him to it. 

 

And like all cliché love stories, he pulled Yixing’s collar to kiss him as a response. When they broke apart to catch their breath, Junmyeon said “I’m in love with you too, Xing. For a long time already.” before sealing their lips again.

 

Yixing later revealed that at that time, he was scared of confessing because if Junmyeon didn’t feel the same and will reject him, things will get awkward and their friendship will not be the same anymore. It took a lot of encouragement from their friends, especially Chanyeol and Baekhyun giving him a vote of confidence even saying “Yixing, you’re as dumb as Junmyeon. Duh it’s so obvious he’s in love with you too! Get together already!”


 

Junmyeon chuckles at himself, it always brings a smile to his face every time he remembers the good old days. Maybe he should invite Chanyeol and Baekhyun to have a double date with them on the weekend to catch up, their friends have been busy since they will be moving to a new house.

 

Junmyeon goes to the bathroom to shower when he saw another purple post-it on the bathroom mirror ‘The sun is up, the sky is blue, today is beautiful and so are you.’ and another one when he goes to their walk-in closet where a mint sweater was neatly hanged with a purple post-it saying ‘We’re so mint to be’ Junmyeon giggles, his husband’s cheesiness never fails to make him giddy. He was about to go out of their bedroom when he noticed another one in the door ‘ If you were a fruit, you’d be a fine-apple’ He keeps the 3 purple post-its in a small box where he keeps the other love notes given by his husband before heading out in the kitchen.

 

Yixing lifts his head up and automatically grins brightly as soon as he laid eyes on Junmyeon, “Oh, my husband is awake!” he’s at the dining area drinking his morning coffee. He’s already dressed up with his crisp blue suit fitting nicely on his form and hair swept back making him even more handsome. 

 

“You’re still here.” Junmyeon bolts in his husband’s side and pecks his lips. He’s still elated from the sweet love notes he received earlier. 

 

“Of course, you know I never leave the house without my good morning kisses.”

 

Yixing works at a tech company while Junmyeon is an Art Curator. No matter how busy Yixing is, he never misses breakfast with him. It’s their routine and Junmyeon doesn’t mind if this will be their routine for more years to come.

 

Yixing was already at the door ready to say goodbye for the nth time when Junmyeon notices that he left his car keys on the table he mutters to himself aish he’s so forgetful, he rushes outside to catch his husband.

 

"Honey, you forgot something!"

 

Junmyeon nabs Yixing’s arm, he’s about to hand him the car keys when his husband pecks his lips.

 

“Thanks.” Yixing winks at him.


 

"I meant this!” Junmyeon grabs Yixing’s hand and opens his palm to hand the keys. “and get your going! You’re late already!" He kisses Yixing’s cheek one last time and sprints back inside, his cheeks flushing as he hears his husband's melodious laughter in the background.