Can't Catch A Break

This life of mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment she opened her eyes she stayed still and stared at the ceiling for a moment, She didn't have anything planned today and she could take as many naps as she could have. She would say she was having a good week but if she's gonna be honest, she doesn't even know anymore whether she was really feeling good or was just feeling rather okay compared to the weeks she was lost. But still, she somehow managed to get through 2 and a half months, The filming and fan meet she recently attended helped her also, it brought momentarily happiness that distracted her from drifting away, and she was grateful for that and gave the favor back she made sure to always give her best to make the fans that supported and stayed with her satisfied and happy with her performance, and so she was contented, it didn't matter how many hours filmings would take, how many countries she would hop in to, as long as she gets to see them. She'll be fine.

 

She forced herself to get up when she heard her father telling her to get up and eat. The sight of her siblings first thing in the morning startled her but it for sure made her day.

 

" Oh! Why are you two here? No work today? "

She said as she went to them and helped out in setting the table. 

" Yeah, it's my day off today "

" Hmm, me too "

 

Jihyo just nodded in response and they ate peacefully while also catching up. Her father then suggested visiting their mother later for it had been 2 months already, They looked up to him as they realized that, that much time had already passed, She then saw that her father was still waiting for an answer.

 

" Yeah sure Appa. But I'll probably just follow you there, I have a meeting later. "


" Oh, will it be long? We aren't in a rush. We can just wait for you, so we can go together "

 


Thankfully she didn't think it would take long so she just agreed. She was now walking towards their agreed meeting place, She expected that the company would delay their payment again, but she was slowly getting tired of it to the point that she wanted it to be done even if she didn't receive her paycheck. But she would always be reminded that it wasn't only her who got affected. The poor employees who worked hard just to feed their families and themselves also got affected and they couldn't even do anything about it, and that made her have all the energy and courage she needed to fight through and make sure they would get what they deserved. But what she saw when she entered was different from the usual stressed faces, they were smiling brightly with some on the phone. Bomi noticed her and pulled her to sit.

 

" What's happening? "

They all looked at her excitement clearly written on their faces.

" The case is now settled, the employees and you received their payment. "

Everyone expected her to be happy but all they got was a blank expression, they assumed that she was just trying to process the information when she suddenly jumped out of her seat.

" Really? "

Bomi answered her and that's when it dawned on her. They can finally have a break, She jumped out of joy and pulled everyone near her to do the same, and everyone else followed to express their relief. They just laughed out loud after their little jumping session.


" Everyone! Thank you for all your hard work, this wouldn't be possible without you guys. "


" Ms. Song don't forget yourself. This wouldn't happen without your initiative to start all this. "

" Yeah, you did well Eonnie! "


" Still you guys worked hard, you deserve the recognition! Now who is up for a free lunch slash day drinking? "

 

 

Jihyo was offered as a token of gratitude and also relief from their stress. After the group calmed down, she suddenly felt something unusual about all of this but couldn't put a pin on it, nonetheless, she decided to push it in the back of her mind for she reasoned in herself that she must be overwhelmed. Everyone had a good laugh, although it hadn't been released to the press, they agreed to announce it later that day. Unfortunately, she had to leave early after she paid since she already made plans earlier that day.

 

 

She arrived at their house exhilarated to tell her family about the news, but she was instead welcomed by a pitch-black house. She wondered if they already left but she recalled the conversation they had earlier and inspected their house to find traces of them. She was about to call out to her father only to be stopped when she heard some silent sobs coming from the master's bedroom. The door was left ajar and she slowly peeked in just to see her father silently crying while looking at something. He was positioned at the edge of the bed leaving her with no choice but a view of his side and a glimpse of what seemed a picture of someone. She figured that it was a picture of her late mother. 

Jihyo was currently in a battle with herself about whether she would go inside and be there with her father or if would it be better if she gave him some space. While doing so she unknowingly leaned on the door causing it to slightly open. She panicked and did the first thing she could think of, which was to run towards the entrance and pretend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter