Chapter 01 - I am Her

TROUBLE (Good feels bad, Bad feels good)

 

A smirk made it way across my face, soon as I heard a whimper come out from the defenseless girl’s lips. It echoes throughout the girl’s locker room, I don’t mind she keeps on making noises like that. The school was empty all those students had gone back home. It’s only me, my girls, and this pathetic girl. I keep staring at the girl lying on the floor hugging her body aware if any of us tries to kick her. The whimpers continue followed by her sobs, perhaps she was asking for sympathy. Well, you messed up a bad time girl. She deserves it.

“I swear how much I wanted to pull that-” I turned to the blonde girl on my right brushing her off. “Kim Dahyun…” interrupting her from whatever she wanted to say. The said girl raised her eyebrow waiting for what I am about to say. Looking directly into her eyes I said.

“That’s enough. She learned her lesson, unless…” I trailed while crouching down to the girl’s eye level, grabbing a fist of her hair not too harsh then whisper in her ear loud enough for both my friends to hear too. “She chose to continue what she wanted to do”. My smirk widened when I heard the girl sobbing grow louder than usual, begging me to let go of her.

“Alright, girls play times over” suddenly the usually silent girl mused. She pushed herself off the wall she has been leaning on for the past 30 minutes. Pulling me by the back of my collar exchanging position with me as I stood behind the black hair girl beside Dahyun while fist bumping her. Ah, the smartass starts to talk.

“Remember that we don’t care what rumors you will spread about us around this school, but if you ever think about doing the you’ve been doing then don’t ever wish you will step into this school with that fake lashes of yours” she commented while lightly patting the girl’s cheek. Standing up the black hair girl brushes her the dirt on her skirt then exit the girl’s locker room. I stare at Dahyun blankly then walked out, hearing Dahyun’s last warning at the girl. “You heard that? We could pluck those cheap lashes” then trailing after me.

Joy was waiting for us right outside of the locker room while brushing her long black hair. I heaved a sigh as I looked at the watch on my wrist. Almost six in the evening, guess I have been wasting my time on that . Well it was worth it anyway; at least no one will broke his heart. Play with them even.

The three of us walked out of the school as Joy went to the school guard giving him 10 dollars. I grinned then glanced at Dahyun as she did the same thing as me. The tall girl planned this all along.

“Okay, I didn’t see that coming. Impressive Joy” Dahyun spoke as soon as we exit school grounds. I scoffed at her statement.

“You’re too eager at kicking that chick’s ” I stated as matter of fact then continued. “Our Park Sooyoung here had made an arrangement” earning a glare from Joy on my left side. If looks could kill.

“Don’t you ever call me that name. Son” she hissed. Damn, for quiet girl she sure do have bad temper. We walked towards the bus stop, and to our surprise, a bus came to dropped off passengers. Smiling to ourselves, we climbed on the bus and took our usual spot, at the back seat where we could fit the three of us in.

“How did you find out about the girl though?” Dahyun asked, I could sense her curiosity, can’t blame her though as she a year younger than us, also, not our classmates. To be more specific it was unplanned too that I had to drag Dahyun without telling her a thing. I silently chuckled at the thought of it.

“Sissy found her at a coffee shop all lovey dovey” I showed Dahyun a picture of the girl we just left at the girl’s bathroom. The blonde girl snorted as Joy looked out of the window.

///

The three of us went separates way soon we dropped off the bus from our school. We live in the same neighbourhood yet we separated by the roads our house were. I remembered how we became friends when the three of us met on the bus 3 years ago. Starting from the loud Dahyun who greeted me right when she noticed the familiar uniform of Cheongdam High I wore. Then, there’s unbelievably quiet Joy were smiling at me saying that we should eat together during lunch. Dahyun was completely baffled that time the moment her cousin invited me for lunch, let’s cut it short, we are our own ride or die gang after Joy’s sudden invitation.

Soon I stepped my foot on the pavement of my house I hear a very high-pitched voice screaming my name from next door. I sighed, of course he knew. Everyone witnessed the horrible scene, but to my own satisfaction no one dare to interfere.

“LEE SONYA! STAY WHERE YOU ARE!” I turned as I forced a smile on my face trying to act as if nothing happened in school before they dismissed their class for the day. Suddenly, pulled his soon to be date this weekend to the girl’s locker room by the hair. The boy was frowning like I just stole his boxer just to hang it on a flag pole.

“Baekhyun…” I lowly whisper trying my best to sound exhausted so I can get off from his interrogation mode. I’m done answering his question all the time the same happens but this time he caught me off guard by the first question he threw. “Did you pull off her fake lashes?” his voice almost as curious as it should not be, because this is not the Baekhyun I knew all my life. I mean the questions he might swarmed me with are ‘Why did you beat her up?’ ‘You should stop protecting me honestly’ ‘Did you hurt her?’ ‘Aren’t you tired keeps on having my back?’

I could not believe my ears upon listening to his first questions. My eyebrows furrowed, at the beaming Baekhyun. My hand still on the doorknob. The frowned on his face turned to a smirk I’ve always familiar with when he satisfied with something.

“Well? I take that… as a yes” I shook my head pursing my lips then a frowned made it’s way up on Baekhyun’s face. What is going on with my childhood best friend?

“Did you knocked your head somewhere?” I asked him while opening my front door as Baekhyun closed it, tailing me.  

“No, why?” he asked me back. This kid. “Oh! Hi, Aunt Junghwa” Baekhyun greeted my stepmother as I rolled my eyes. Instantly, went straight upstairs and into my bedroom then hearing Baekhyun’s voice screaming my name loudly. I just threw my bag on the table then lay down on the bed. Staring at the stars stickers plastered on my room’s ceiling.

“You know, sometimes you had to stop having my back all the time” the boy out of nowhere spoke soon he enters my room. Yeap, there’s the Byun Baekhyun I knew. Somehow, even if he asked those typically same questions from the past few years knowing each other, still I couldn’t find the best answers for it. I sighed, then propping myself with both of my elbow staring at him. Searching for something I could get away from the burden, he’s currently pressuring me.

“Nice hair, Bacon” I stated, making the boy roll his eyes while crossing his arm then shuffling across the room towards my bed. It made me chuckles as I again staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, I felt my bed dipping beside me then there’s him laying, calmly staring at the stars sticker. He heaved a sighed after that, I noticed the boy about to open his mouth.

“Silver looks good on you, lucky . Knows how to take care his hair better than me” I cut him from what he’s trying to say, while pulling his hair making the boy screamed.

“YAH! It hurts!” I laughed at the sudden outburst from him. He smacked my hands away then he pushed himself up.

“Guess I have to let you off the hook again” he heaved another sigh but this time lighter than before. I smiled pushing myself up too.

“You know the answers, Baek. You always knew” I smiled at the person before me. The atmosphere around us suddenly silent and I hate it, not because the awkward silence, me and Baekhyun never do awkward but it took us to time to think what topic can we changed into. Then I grinned looking at him.

“You were so excited about us pulling her fake lashes and now you’re back at ‘stop protecting me’ ” I said then he turned to faced me, serious look on his face. Then it struck me, he knew that she deserve a beating from us. The girl, Jun Ah.

“Dude, she has a freaking boyfriend when she asked me out!”