end

is this real love or just a will-o'-the wisp?
Please log in to read the full chapter

After a year of being married to the love of her life, Minjeong couldn't be any happier. She and Jimin had gone out to dinner to celebrate, and she found herself snuggled up to her wife later that night so they could watch a movie together.

A knowing smile erupted across her face when she felt a pair of lips against the shell of her ear. She knew Jimin couldn't resist her for too long.

After she felt teeth start to nibble at her lobe, she turned to face the woman in question. She gave Jimin a knowing smile, shaking her head as she laughed.

Jimin smiled back at her unabashedly, pulling Minjeong closer by the collar of her pajamas to kiss her fully on the mouth.

Minjeong wasn't given much time to react before she felt a tongue swiping across her bottom lip. She opened to give Jimin better access, wrapping her arms around the taller girl's shoulders to pull her even closer.

Movie long forgotten, Minjeong found herself gasping in pleasure when Jimin started nipping at her neck feverishly. "Bed. Now," she managed to rasp out, grinning deviously when she felt Jimin's arms wrap around her thighs to hoist her up easily.

She was carried to the bedroom and plopped down rather gracefully despite Jimin's eagerness. She pulled Jimin down into a sloppy kiss, a clashing of all tongues and teeth, which was reciprocated with no hesitance.

She felt a hand creeping down her pants and adjusted her hips to give Jimin better access. Jimin stopped her motions to forgo the pants completely and slide them off.

The next thing Minjeong knew, she was screaming in bliss while Jimin got a taste of her.

Six years of dating and one year of marriage, and Minjeong was convinced she could never get tired of the way Jimin made her feel.

*

Jimin plopped down onto the couch next to Minjeong, laughing when the blonde grumbled at her as she adjusted her seating position. Before the two could get comfortable for movie night, Minjeong decided she needed a refill of her wine.

Standing up slowly, she moved her leg to take a step forward before she felt a hand grab onto the back of her shirt. She raised an eyebrow and turned her upper body to face Jimin, who was grinning up at her slyly.

The taller girl wrapped her arms around Minjeong's hips to turn her completely around, slightly lifting her shirt to place soft kisses on her firm stomach. Minjeong felt the blush creep up her neck, but didn't stop Jimin from continuing.

"I was trying to go get another drink," she mumbled, to which Jimin responded with a giggle. "I'm trying to get a drink too," she replied, voice husky as she pulled Minjeong's pants down to her ankles in one swift motion.

Minjeong slightly bent over, hands falling onto Jimin's upper back as the taller girl began to nip at her now thighs. Before Jimin could hook her fingers into Minjeong's underwear, the front door burst open.

"We changed our minds! We decided we actually do want to join for movie ni-"

The sound of the bag of takeout Aeri was holding hitting the ground cut off her own sentence. Both she and Yizhuo stood at the doorway, mouths agape and eyes comically wide.

"Sorry! We didn't-"

Before Yizhuo could finish apologizing, Minjeong quickly yanked up her pants and made a mad dash for the bedroom. She unfortunately wasn't fast enough for everyone to miss how red her scowling face was.

Jimin groaned and placed her head into her hands. "Just why did I give you two bozos a key to our place?" she complained.

The two sheepishly grinned at her before taking off their coats and shoes and joining Jimin on the couch. It took a lot of coaxing, but Jimin was eventually able to convince Minjeong to come back out to join the others. She refused to make eye contact with anyone for the remainder of the movie.

"I'm really sorry," Jimin tried to whisper, but Minjeong only glared in response before ignoring her the rest of the night.

*

Minjeong, Jimin, and some of their friends decided to rent a cabin for a weekend getaway. Everyone was drinking, dancing, and having a good time.

Jimin spun Minjeong around, happily twirling her to the music. She leaned down to kiss the shorter girl, but before she could deepen the kiss Minjeong abruptly pushed her away.

"Not in front of everyone," she hissed, taking a step back from her wife. Jimin's smile faltered for a second, but she quickly recovered. She resumed her dancing, both with Minjeong and the rest of their friends.

Aeri had noticed Minjeong's sudden withdrawal, and eyed Jimin worriedly. Jimin smiled at her reassuringly, but it didn't reach her eyes.

Jimin was attempting her own version of the waltz with Yizhuo, laughing at the way they twirled around like fools. With a wide grin on her face, she turned to see if she could catch Minjeong's attention to share the funny moment with her, but the girl was too engrossed in her conversation with their other friend, Jeno.

The two had their heads leaning close together and Jimin could only assume they were having an important conversation. Whatever it was, Minjeong never made the motion to look up.

Jimin held in her sigh as to not make Yizhuo think she wasn't enjoying their moment of fun together, before turning away from her wife to continue spinning around.

Later that night, when everyone had decided to go to bed, Minjeong and Jimin laid in their bed, spooning. They were lucky enough to get one of the rooms with just a single queen sized bed in it, while some of their other friends had to share rooms. Jimin pressed herself to Minjeong's back as close as she possibly could.

"Did you not like it when I kissed you earlier?" Jimin whispered, trying to keep her voice from wavering. Despite putting on a brave face, she was genuinely hurt by the way Minjeong had brushed her aside.

Minjeong was far too tired for a long conversation, so she her teeth in response. "I don't like when you try to do that in front of everyone." She didn't mean for it to come out as harshly as it did, but she could hardly even keep her eyes open as sleep overtook her.

Jimin made a sound of acknowledgement before turning to face the other way. Minjeong was already asleep before she could notice the trembling of Jimin's chin or the sound of tears softly falling against the pillow.

*

Minjeong was making coffee one morning when Jimin wrapped her arms around her waist from behind.

"Good morning, sunshine," she murmured softly into her neck. Minjeong leaned into the embrace, before turning to give Jimin a quick peck on the lips.

"Hey, I have a question for you," she started. "Would you be upset if I went on a trip with Yizhuo, Yuna, and Chaeryeong?"

Jimin looked at her with a puzzled expression. "I wouldn't be upset, exactly... but I would feel like I was missing out a little, I guess," she admitted. Minjeong smiled up at her before patting her cheek.

"I know, babe, but sometimes we should hang out with our own friends separately, you know? I would feel bad being the only one bringing their partner if no one else was," she clarified.

Jimin wanted to say they were all her friends too, but she knew what Minjeong meant. They knew each other first and Jimin had to accept that not all parts of their lives needed to be intertwined. It didn't help it sting any less, however. "Yeah I get that, babe, you should go on the trip," she replied quietly.

Jimin didn't think much of the conversation after that since Minjeong never brought it up again. One day she was grabbing groceries on her way home from work a few weeks later when she ran into Chaeryeong. "Hey, long time no see!" Jimin exclaimed.

Chaeryeong beamed at her before giving her a hug in response. The two made small talk on their way to the register before Chaeryeong asked an intriguing question. "How come you don't want to come on the trip with us?"

"What do you mean?" Jimin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Minjeong was saying we should all go on a trip, and when I asked if you were coming she said you wouldn't want to!"

"Oh, right, yeah... I didn't want to intrude on your 'friends' trip," Jimin replied, but her answer sounded more like a question.

"Don't be silly, you'd never be intruding. We all love you both anyways," Chaeryeong said with a laugh.

The laughter didn't make Jimin's heart feel any less like lead weighing down into her stomach.

When she got home, she asked Minjeong about it immediately. "Did you tell the girls I didn't want to go on the trip?"

Minjeong looked at her questioningly before Jimin explained her conversation with Chaeryeong.

"Did you just not want me there?" Jimin asked bitterly.

Minjeong rolled her eyes. "You know it's not like that. I meant what I said - everything we do doesn't have to be so intertwined. Just because we're together doesn't mean we have to do literally everything together."

Despite knowing the answer was true, Jimin couldn't help but feel a bit angry about it. She let it go for the night, but not before crying about it in the shower.

*

On the night of their second wedding anniversary, Jimin sent an apologetic text stating that she wouldn't be able to make it to dinner on time due to being held up at work. Minjeong let out a huff of annoyance.

Jimin did research at the local university hospital, so it wasn't unusual for her experiments to take longer than anticipated if there were any issues in any of the steps involved.

When Jimin finally came home a few hours later, she had a tired smile plastered on her face and she carried a bag with a box inside. She handed it to Minjeong, who opened the box to reveal a cake.

They each had a slice and Jimin profusely apologized over and over for not being able to celebrate their anniversary properly, peppering Minjeong's cheeks with kisses at every opportunity,

Minjeong finally gave in and giggled as she felt herself get smothered. "What took you so long, anyways?" she asked, breathless from all the laughing.

"We hired a new girl, so I got stuck training her," Jimin replied, shaking her head while pouting.

Jimin explained how the new girl's name was Lucy, and she actually knew her from when she was younger. Minjeong hummed in response, slightly more focused on the show playing on the TV in the background.

After they had gotten ready for bed, Minjeong cuddled up next to Jimin. Since it was their anniversary, she thought maybe Jimin would spoil her a bit tonight. She placed a soft kiss on Jimin's jaw, only to be dismayed by the fact that Jimin's breathing had already evened out. She sighed and closed her eyes, hoping sleep would come quickly for her as well.

*

One weekend Jimin was standing over the stove, stirring the sauce she was making for their pasta. Minjeong walked over to taste it, before scrunching her nose up slightly. "Maybe another pinch of salt?" she suggested.

Jimin gave her a salute before answering, "You got it, boss." She continued to stir with one hand and reached for the salt shaker using her other. Minjeong watched as her wife added the salt, before honing in on one detail.

"You're not wearing your wedding ring?"

Jimin grinned at her sheepishly, using her right thumb to rub over the spot where her ring was supposed to be.

"Yeah, sorry... one of my coworkers was telling me about how he knew a girl from the old lab he worked at who threw her ring away by accident when she tossed her gloves out one day. It kind of made me paranoid," she admitted. Minjeong frowned, but she couldn't exactly fight that logic.

After they finished having lunch, the two began to get ready to visit Aeri's apartment for game night with Yizhuo. While Minjeong was applying her mascara in the mirror, she noticed Jimin smiling at her phone.

"Who has you smiling so hard when the love of your life is right in front of you?" Minjeong joked, narrowing her eyes as she smiled at Jimin questioningly through the mirror. Jimin waved her hand, laughing at what was on her screen. "Just my coworker sending a dumb lab meme," she replied.

Minjeong noticed later that evening that Jimin continued to reply to messages on her phone, and it was beginning to irk her considering they were at Jimin's best friend's place. Was this coworker more important than her wife and best friends?

Minjeong grabbed J

Please log in to read the full chapter