I'm Fine

I'm OK
Please log in to read the full chapter

Winter don't like going out during summer. Very much of her name, she really can't stand the heat and the humid weather. Everything seems burning in her eyes. But thank to one black hair girl, she was dragged all the way to Han River, being told that she will love the scenery there.

Although she keeps insisting on not wanting to go out, she knows that Karina has something going on in her mind. Han River is like a safe place for them. They always went there whenever they are going through something important. They would talk out all the struggles, complaining about God being unfair and then would laugh out like there's no tomorrow. 

Sitting on a bench, looking around and at the same time felt envy at people who could enjoy this heat and still having fun, she gotta agree that Han River look especially pretty on summer days. It looks livelier unlike the night-time they usually hang out. 

She just sit there silently until the taller girl broke the silence.

"A hum, didn't I tell you that you will love it here" - Karina

"Well, so so.." - Winter does not give in at all. 

"You one stubborn puppy" - Karina punch Winter's arm lightly while giving her a glare.

"Stop beating the bush and spill it out Yu Jimin, what it is that you are going through right now, I am not dumb enough not to notice that you are being anxious all this time" - Winter said looking at Karina impatiently. 

"Well actually.. actually...." - Karina hesitating.

"What, are you dating someone?" - Winter sent a smirk. 

"Actually.. Yes" Karina answered in whisper but it is loud enough for Winter to catch all the words.

Can't believe what she just heard, Winter was too stunned to give a response, just staring and spacing out, thousands of thoughts running in her head.

No, this is not what she wants to hear. This is not happening. Yu Jimin, her best friend, her crush of all time is dating someone? She would be lying if she said she have no idea of what Karina is up to these days. Spending most of her time typing on the phone and giggling throughout the certain call, Winter notice that Karina is no longer the stupid cheese cat she once knows. And truth to be told, this is Winter biggest nightmare. 

For Winter, Karina is not just a friend. She is her special person she can't lose no matter what. That's why she locks her feelings away and always there for Karina whenever she needs someone to lean on. She could not dare to think about losing Karina if she expressed her feelings. She wants to stay beside her, even she had to keep herself in friendzone. She doesn't mind at all. As long as Karina is happy and she keep smiling, it is enough for her. 

"Winter ah~" - Karina called out softly.

"Hum, ah yeah yeah. Sorry, didn't expect that this is coming, haha" - Winter acted like it is not a big deal. 

"So, what if you are dating, what's with that anxious look of yours, I mean we can still hang out with each other, we can still have our chit chat and we can still do whatever we are doing right now, nothing could be changed. Right?" - Winter tried to smile brightly and look confidently at Karina thinking her friend would reply to her with an exciting YES. 

However, looking over at Karina not moving expression, Winter got furious. "What is she thinking right now, god please make this woman speak of her mind clearly" she prayed secretly while looking over at Karina. 

Breaking the silence, Karina said 

"This is what I really want to talk with you Winter. I know, I know that you are very fond of me, and you want to protect me. You always think of me as you own sister and always there for me whenever I need someone. But Winter ah, you can't always be with me. 

You also need to make friends other than me. I mean this not in a hard way, but I want you to step out to the world also. You are very attached to me, and I am worried that I could not be there for you always.  I, I might not be one call away from you always as I used to."

Karina let out the words while trying to meet the Winter's eyes which the short hair girl doesn't seem to do so. Seeing Winter staring blankly to the river, Karina hand start to tremble, worrying that the shorter will be disappointed with her, blame her for leaving her side. Karian let a long sigh a

Please log in to read the full chapter