Finale(Seulrene version)

Not good enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trigger Warning! This story contains mentions of deppresion, suicidal thoughts and eating disorder.

Read at your own risk


"Your leg goes one way while your hand goes up and down." The dance instructor showed the moves.

First drops of sweat appeared on Seulgi's forehead.

They were practicing the dance steps for their newest song "Naughty." 

Despite having the main dancer position in the group, Seulgi failed to keep up with the dance. It was simply too hard!

"Now let's do it to the music. 1,2,3. Go!" The dance tutor turned the music on.

"Focus, Seulgi. You can do it." She thought to herself.

The first few seconds were easy for the brunette, causing her to smile.

It was at the next step when Seulgi's legs crossed each other at weird angle and she fell face flat on the floor.

Dance tutor's face palm could be heard in the whole studio.

"What is going on, Seulgi? You used to be such a great dancer. Now Joohyun is dancing better than you! Bring old Seulgi back! The one who could dance, not this weakling that is laying on the floor."

His words were harsh but true. 
 

What had happened to Seulgi?

"Dancing was all you were good of. Now you are useless!" A voice from the depths of Seulgi's mind said.

No matter how much it hurt, the voice was right. 
 

She had lost her specialty that even Joohyun was better than her. No hate to the leader, but dancing wasn't Joohyun's strong point. 
 

Until now.

Seulgi could only watch as Joohyun nailed the moves perfectly. 
 

She didn't want to lift her head up to see the disappointed look in Joohyun's eyes and to hide her tears.

"I think that Seulgi is unwell. How about we stop the practise for today?" Joohyun said in a melodic voice. 
 

Few seconds passed as the tutor was thinking Joohyun's suggestion over. "Just for today. Tomorrow you must be in shape, Seulgi. Good job, Joohyun. You have greatly improved. You can be Red Velvet's new dancer!"

It hurt.

It hurt so much that Seulgi just let first tears fall from her eyes.

She dared to move herself up from the floor only when the tutor had left. 
 

A hand reached out to help Seulgi get up. 
 

Seulgi was about to reach it when she remembered.

" You have greatly improved. You can be Red Velvet's new dancer."

Those words stung like wasps. 
 

She was supposed to be the main dancer of Red Velvet. Not Joohyun.

Seulgi ended up swatting the hand away, leaving behind a surprised Joohyun.

When the girls arrived from dance practice it was already dinner time.

The walk back to the dorm was a silent one. Joohyun had initiated a conversation many times but Seulgi didn't answer. 
 

She was too hurt to speak.

Too mad.

It wasn't Joohyun's fault. It was unfair to blame the girl for her problems but Seulgi's demons were ruthless.

Seulgi knew that there were no escape from having to talk to the leader. She just wished that Joohyun had chosen a different time. 
 

She already had hard time eating the dinner, now she had to listen to Joohyun's lecture in front of rest of the members.

"Please speak, if not to me, then someone else. I know a good psychologist." Joohyun's words made Seulgi stop cutting the piece of steak. 
 

A psychologist? Why not just lock her into the mad home? It would save them lot of trouble.

"I don't need a psychologist. I am not crazy! "Seulgi raised her voice, regretting it the second Joohyun's expression fell. 
 

She might had been angry at Joohyun for stealing her spot as the main dancer but she didn't want to hurt her. She wasn't that cruel.

"Look, whatever you are going through, please don't push us away or bring it out on us. You have made Joohyun cry!" Sooyoung, a,k.a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter