1/1

Maybe Next Time?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was seated mutely at the waiting room of the show they were about to guest on. He tapped uninterestedly on his phone about the new trends that were up and coming. He also opened numerous unreplied emails for collaborations on Tempus and small indie brands in Korea. Ryeowook sat beside him, vocalizing with Yesung and Kyuhyun, beside Kyuhyun was Siwon who was gently running his finger's through the youngest's hair as a sign of affection. 

He can't help but feel a sense of pride as he watched Siwon and Kyuhyun, they had announced to the group and the team that they have started dating just about six months ago, it wasn't really a surprise, but the road to finally start their relationship was harsh due to Siwon's internalized homophobia of himself, he grew up in a Christian family led by the Lord's word and not to mention that they first debuted in a homophobic era of idols and actors. But fortunately, Kyuhyun, the Biual King of Super Junior as their fandom has named him, pulled Siwon out of his self-destruction and carefully but harshly put some sense into the older man's head. 

He longed for what Kyuhyun and Siwon had, sure, they weren't out to the public yet, but atleast the members and their team knew about them. Something he wished that he and Hyukjae might have in the future, that is if he finally finds the balls to confess to his bestfriend of 16 years. Donghae's gaze then scanned the waiting room and stopped at their Leader, Leeteuk. The man had a complicated relationship with their hot-headed member, Heechul. It was borderline toxic, from their break ups, to their make ups, to Leeteuk's breakdowns and to Heechul's panic attacks. They had an on and off and on and off relationship that stirred the members greatly, one of their biggest fall out was when Heechul decided he was really through with his relationship with Leeteuk and decided to pursue a relationship with Twice's Momo. The months of endless panic attacks from Leeteuk broke Donghae's heart, he and Hyukjae would run to Leeteuk's apartment whenever he sent them a flower emoji, a code simply telling them that he was tired and needed someone. Leeteuk hated showing weaknesses to s, he hated it, but in those span of 6 months, he allowed himself to be weak in front of him and Hyukjae.

6 months became 1 year and 1 year became a few more years, the rift between Heechul and the members became quite big but Heechul loved the group so much that he tried to fixed it when he felt like knew it was the breaking point, he broke up with Momo, not because he didn't love her anymore, he did love her, but not quite the love that he had for Leeteuk and he knew something was wrong, he didn't feel like he wanted Momo like how a man wanted a woman. Momo knew that, she always felt like Heechul didn't give her everything and she was okay, she let go of Heechul with a light heart, telling him to go get the person that he really loved. And he did, Heechul came running back to Leeteuk.

But Hyukjae stood tall in front of Leeteuk, protected their leader from the force named Heechul, but Leeteuk just sighed and put a hand on Hyukjae's shoulder, dismissing the younger one so he could talk to Heechul after years of awkward tension. That was 3 years ago, now the two oldest members of the group finally stabilized their relationship and grew out of their toxic fights. 

Donghae was snapped back into reality when Heechul went inside the waiting room with an evil glint in his eyes, his grin was devious and Donghae can see that the man was up to no good.

"Members, me and Hyukjae had a bet, you see. And unfortunately, Hyukjae lost." Heechul said with a big smile, not even showing an ounce of sadness at the younger's loss. "So he had to do our wager with cons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter