PROLOGUE.

Like A Light (Shine On Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say that greed comes easily to most people, that it was a common anomaly among those who possess nothing, and those who have it all. 

 

"I have news, Your Majesty."

 

A tall elegant man clad in white and golden robes turned to the voice. He merely stared at him, not uttering a single word. It was his steely grey eyes that spoke instead, prodding him to continue. 

 

Immediately getting the message, the councilor spoke. "Recently, there are rumors circulating around the entirety of Alvedum, about an uprising." 

 

The shorter man paused for a second, but noticed that His Majesty remained unfazed despite the information he just laid out. He therefore continued, although with slight hesitance this time. 

 

"They say that a certain territory is planning to challenge your authority, Sire." 

 

The King raised a brow at this. He pried his grey eyes away from the councilor, and fixed it upon the scenery before them. The wide balcony offered a great view of his kingdom, as well as the neighboring countries below. 

 

Councilor Shin never mentioned which territory exactly, but His Majesty immediately singled out which one he was referring to. It was painfully obvious, but he continued to ask anyway. "And who Councilor Shin, do I suppose are they?" 

 

"The fifth territory, Your Majesty." 

 

The King chuckled. "That rumor has been going on for years, councilor, what makes this certain assumption true this time?" 

 

The aforementioned man started to fidget with his hands, which were firmly tucked behind his back. "Yesterday, we caught word of Zarian natives saying that Eirwen recently requested for a huge amount of first class Zarian Steel to be shipped out to them this coming Friday. They grew suspicious, as on normal days, they would only request for ten sets of third class variants for their construction." 

 

This piece of information piqued the King's interest. First class Zarian Steel was used for a plethora of purposes, but they are also a famous material in making high value weapons. 

 

"This was a first for Eirwen. They never make purchases with a cost as high as this." Councilor Shin further supplied, his brows furrowed. 

 

The King stayed silent for a moment. 

 

Eirwen, the frozen lands of the North. Home to the royal bloodline who acted as the first great leaders of Alvedum, way before the great divide happened hundreds of years prior to the present time. The other four territories have always been wary of them. 

 

They are not necessarily on bad terms per se. Transactions and tradings still occur between them, but the other four still had an unspoken agreement. They all agreed to keep a safe distance from the North, forming nei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter