"i need the keys, kim"

locked [a jinjoo twoshot]

"i have a student council meeting tomorrow in the evening."
 

minjoo stopped writing on her notebook, looking up to see yujin in her usual orange tracksuit while looking down at her with a very serious expression.
 

it wasn't a secret that the both of them didn't have the greatest relationship or the greatest chemistry—they are just known to lowkey despise each other.
 

they don't exactly know the reason why, they just found each other annoying—and they don't know if they were glad that the impression was mutual or feel dejected. but of course, they'll go with the 'glad' option.
 

there were rooming with together, but they don't talk as much since it's not worth their time anyway.
 

so now, why was yujin telling her this?
 

minjoo rose a brow, looking at yujin with the very same expression. they were just staring at each other, with yujin desperate to have something with an oblivious minjoo who doesn't know what or how to respond.
 

"uhm- okay? have your meeting then," minjoo said, a bit confused as to why yujin didn't bother to leave her alone after completely telling her that she doesn't even care on what her schedules were—or just anything that has to do with her in general.
 

"and i need the keys— OUR room keys, minjoo." yujin followed up. minjoo quickly grabbed the keys on the table then slid it into her hoodie pouch pocket so yujin wouldn't swipe it away. "aha— you can't have those keys, yujin." the older smiled sarcastically.
 

yujin frowned, "and why not?"
 

"didn't you lose yours?" minjoo threw another question, receiving an eye roll from the taller girl in in front of her.
 

"come on, minjoo, can i please borrow the keys just— for tomorrow?"
 

"no."
 

yujin threw her a light glare, "have you remembered the last time i didn't borrow the keys? you locked me out! i literally had to sleep in wonyoung's dorm room because of you!"
 

minjoo widened her eyes, "it wasn't intentional, i fell asleep!" she fought back.
 

the brunette watched as yujin started to move closer to her, rotating the swivel chair, making her face yujin helplessly, letting out a quiet and low yelp.
 

"just for tomorrow, please?" yujin hovered over minjoo, gripping on the chair's armrests as she crouched down and stared down at the older girl.
 

minjoo, a bit shocked with this proximity since she and yujin had never been to close like this. but it seems like the younger woman really needed the keys so badly.
 

minjoo was visibly panicking and was frozen, so yujin used the chance to insert her hand into minjoo's front pouch pocket then grab ahold of the keys before withdrawing her hand then backing away.
 

"heh— that was easy." yujin smirked, observing the keys and firstly noticed that there was a cute little crochet frog keychain that was attached to it. she played with the keys by throwing it into the air and catching it with one hand, turning her head towards minjoo who was staring at her.
 

yujin noticed that the older woman was staring her very intensely, and this could mean one thing, she was pissed.
 

yujin chuckled awkwardly, catching the keys then slid it into her pajama pockets, looking at minjoo who was still glaring at her on her seat, and yujin found it lowkey adorable.
 

yujin was about to say something but minjoo stood up from the seat, making her a bit scared because the older woman looked like she was about to strangle her on the spot.
 

"ehe—.. sorry?--"
 

"AHN YUJIIIIIIIN!!!!!!"
 

oh no.
 

well— you can say that the night ended with yujin having a bruise or two.
 

tomorrow came by fast and minjoo was found having lunch with her friends, but as she was munching on her food, she was giving yujin a stern look who doesn't even know what was happening around her because she was just reading a book while eating her food.
 

this didn't go unnoticed by her friend, wonyoung of course.
 

"woah, minjoo, calm down, what is making you frown like that?" gaeul snorted at wonyoung's comment, also finding minjoo's expression a bit amusing.
 

"nngh, it's nothing.." minjoo muttered, looking away from yujin then turned her head to wonyoung and gaeul who was just staring at her.
 

this made her a bit embarrassed so she coughed awkwardly, trying to ease the tension.
 

"that didn't look like nothing," gaeul said, shrugging as soon as she and wonyoung made eye contact.
 

minjoo pursed her lips, "trust me, everything's doing just fine. someone— something just irked me, but i'm okay." she reassured, smiling afterwards.
 

minjoo didn't receive any response from her two friends, but she noticed that wonyoung looked back to where she was staring at earlier, silently praying that the taller girl wouldn't find out what she was feeling bitter about.
 

"ahn yujin, isn't it?"
 

minjoo threw her friend a stern look, earning a giggle from wonyoung who was elbowing the clueless gaeul.
 

"tell us, minjoo, what happened between you and her?" wonyoung took a spoonful of her food before resting her elbow on gaeul's shoulder as she looked at minjoo curiously.
 

"nothing interesting, but she stole something from me," minjoo went back into glaring at the clueless yujin that was meters away from them.
 

"what did she steal?" gaeul butted in.
 

"our room keys— MY room keys. she just- i don't know.. she just grabbed it away from me and now i'm stressing out because she might lose the keys and there would be no way for us to enter our room again so we're going to be stuck outside and—"
 

"relax.." reassured her friend before continuing, "i know those keys are very dear to you, minjoo. but believe me on this, she'll take care of the it." wonyoung added as she showed an assuring smile.
 

minjoo rose a brow, "and how do you know that?"
 

"of course i know, she slept with me once—"
 

"WHAT?!" minjoo almost choked on her food, staring at wonyoung with wide eyes, earning a laugh from gaeul. "get your mind out of the gutter, minjoo."
 

"did you literally forget that yujin personally asked me if she can sleep in inside my room because you locked her out once."
 

"but why did she chose to sleep in your room though?"
 

"i don't know," wonyoung paused,
 

"jealous much?" 
 

"AM NOT!" minjoo accidentally slammed the tray, causing it to bounce and create a loud banging sound because of its contact with the table. luckily, no food was on the tray so everything stayed clean. everyone in the cafeteria looked at the sudden disturbance, even yujin stopped reading her book to check what was happening.
 

"no drama is going on! please go back to your own businesses!" gaeul exclaimed. the students complied anyway.
 

"oh god this is embarrassing.." minjoo facepalmed, shaking her head.
 

"your keys are going to be fine," wonyoung turned around again, seeing yujin who was worriedly looking over towards minjoo's direction. it was visible on her expression that she was trying to find out what just happened with minju and the tray just seconds ago.
 

wonyoung let out a sly smirk, still looking at concerned yujin who mouthed an 'is everything alright?' and she responded with a nod. 
 

"everything is going to be okay." wonyoung muttered.
 

"what are you smirking for?" gaeul suddenly spoke, causing wonyoung to snap out of her daze.
 

wonyoung showed a teasing smile, glancing ay minjoo who was visibly having a bad day. "oh nothing, but—i shall tell you the deets later." she replied, going back into munching her food. 
 

gaeul just shrugged in response, she was so done with these two.
 

yujin was seen still eyeing minjoo, eventually shrugging to herself as she continued to read on her book. the brunette seemed fine anyway.
 

she lets out a sigh, trying her best to not overthink of what they will discuss earlier with the student council team so she can focus on her classes properly.
 

but anyway, to let you know, yujin was voted to be the vice president of the student council.
 

and since valentines day is getting near, their president, yoo jimin, or 'karina' calls the student council team more frequently for meetings to team up with their ideas on how to make a valentines event inside the campus.


the latter is also known to be a heartthrob, but she was completely oblivious to that—even if she got asked out a bunch of times, yujin is still completely unaware that she has a lot of people admiring her.
 

but now, yujin found herself in the office room along with the other members of the student council, they were trying to figure out what they should do for the valentines day event.
 

"i think competitions would be fun," lee hyunseo, their high school representative suggested out of the blue, earning a low hum from jimin as she was typing on her laptop.
 

"sure, but what kinds of competitions?" asked their secretary, kim jiwon.
 

this time yujin spoke, playing with the room keys by tossing it onto the air and catching it repeatedly. "door-decorating contest, classroom-decorating competitions, booths, collage contests—" she was then cut off,
 

"excellent!" jimin exclaimed, causing yujin to drop the keys as the older girl started typing furiously on her laptop.
 

"well for homeroom activities, i suggest that writing letters to each other would be great." jiwon also suggested.
 

"making paper hearts for homeroom!—of course, for the middle school students." their treasurer, rei suggested happily, earning a nod of approval from hyein who was their middle school representative.
 

"you guys can still add more ideas, but for now, let's have jiwon pass the papers to our activity coordinator so we can know if she approves these ideas. once she signs it, we can start creating posters for each activity that we can post on our feed so that students can have a grasp on what the event will be like." jimin said as she stood up from her chair and printed two copies of the said paper.
 

she gave the other one to yujin, then gave the other one to jiwon.
 

"can rei come with me?" jiwon asked, earning a nod from the president.
 

"once you give the paper to, ms. kwon, you two may go home. i'll drop by her office tomorrow morning to get the paper then we'll have another meeting the day after tomorrow." jiwon and rei had a mini celebration before grabbing their bags and exiting the room.
 

the president looked at leeseo and hyein who were busy with their laptops which made her purse her lips.
 

"hyunseo, hyein, you two may go home also."
 

the two girls also celebrated on their seats before grabbing their bags, bidding their goodbyes then headed home.
 

yujin on the other hand, she was quiet. she doesn't know if jimin will make her do something as to why she isn't making her leave.
 

"yujin-ah, you stay here with me. please accompany me since i'm— i'm a bit paranoid."
 

yujin furrowed her brows, paranoid? why was karina paranoid?
 

"paranoid of what, jimin-ssi?" she asked, visibly curious because she never once experienced jimin being like this.
 

"i don't know.. i've always been paranoid with a lot of things, this is why i prefer working with people rather than just by being myself. it's also nighttime and the horror stories that i've heard about this school are not helping. i just don't want to be left alone."
 

karina noticed that yujin wasn't responding so she coughed awkwardly.
 

"anyway, since you're here, you can start by creating a poster or something—a teaser that we can post on our feed later to keep the upcoming events a bit more exciting." she said, receiving a casual nod and hum from the taller girl.
 

yujin grabbed her laptop from her bag then did her task quietly on her seat.
 

minutes have gone by and jimin suddenly stood up from her seat, making the vice president flinch. "let's head home," said the older.
 

"you can go first, i'll finish this up a bit." yujin replied, not even bothering to look at the other girl.
 

jimin pursed her lips, sighing, "will you be okay there?" she asked genuinely. yujin looked up from her monitor then gave jimin a reassuring smile before nodding, "yep, don't worry about me."
 

this made jimin nod, "okay.. don't forget to turn off the lights and the ac before leaving, mkay?"
 

"noted, pres."
 

not long after, the door closed, now yujin was left alone in the office room.
 

she was still not done with the poster and she planned on finishing it as soon as possible so that once she gets to her room, she can relax without anything to worry about.
 

it's been a few minutes of silence and yujin stood up from her seat. she noticed that the chairs were left not stacked so she decided to clean up the place a bit.
 

she stacked the chairs one by one except for hers then placed it at the corner of the room, just beside the light switch. she also tidied up the table and picking up some trash on the ground.
 

after her short cleanup session, she dusted off her hands then scanned the room. a smile etched up to her face once she saw that the room is clean.
 

minjoo on the other hand, she's currently going up the stairs so she can already go to her and yujin's room. she intended to stay out a bit late until 7 in the evening because she can't go back inside the room if yujin has their keys.
 

minjoo rolled her eyes at the thought of the other girl.
 

"so annoying.." she grumbled to herself, silently praying that yujin already came home because she's tired already. she can't wait to open that door, take a nice quick shower, change into some comfortable pajamas, and—
 

minjoo's thoughts got cut off when she saw this woman in front of their door.
 

she rose a brow, hesitating but slowly approaching their door.
 

once she approached the woman, she paid no attention to her, but she noticed that she was holding something. the woman also seemed to know her because she literally beamed in delight as soon as she saw minjoo.
 

"you are.. yujin's roommate, right?" the woman asked politely, but minjoo was not in the mood.
 

"uhm, yeah?" minjoo replied, not exactly sure what was going on as she twisted the door knob.
 

but the door was locked.
 

"ugh! dammit, ahn yujin!" minjoo exclaimed, knocking furiously on the door.
 

"i'm kim chaewon from the senior level, may i ask where yujin is? she isn't seem to answer the door and i prepared this food for her."
 

minjoo tried pushing the door as she was fiddling with the door knob, not bothering to look at the woman beside her. "don't know, don't care." she responded shortly.
 

chaewon pursed her lips, "kim minjoo-ssi, please be gentle with the door.." she said with a gentle voice, and that seemed to calm minjoo down.
 

"oh god—fine, what do you need?" minjoo sighed as she turns her head to look at chaewon.
 

chaewon beamed a smile, handing the thing she was holding earlier to minjoo. "can you please give these to her? it would mean a lot to me. unfortunately, i'm in a hurry because my mother keeps on calling me, so i cannot find her. but please do inform me if you already delivered it to her." she said, which made minjoo a bit stunned but she grabbed the plastic bag anyway.

 

"thanks, minjoo-ssi, see you around!" said chaewon before dashing away.
 

minjoo looked at the plastic and then the door, having a mini debate in her mind whether she should search for yujin inside the campus or just wait outside the door.
 

she might just get bored here if she decided to wait so..
 

minjoo gripped on the bag before stomping away.
 

she's going to go to the campus, search for yujin, and strangle her— oops maybe not that.
 

yujin was still in the office, she was finishing up with the design of the poster but she was not sure if it's already okay or she should add some more elements.
 

"i at designing, why did even jimin unnie assign me to do this.." yujin pinched her nose bridge, staring at her work.
 

as she was battling with her thoughts, she heard the door open which shook her up. yujin flinched so badly that she fell from her chair because the door was opened very aggressively.
 

"oh god, ow!"
 

she looked at the door and saw minjoo with a plastic bag on her hand. the said woman closed the door and placed the plastic bag on the table, not even bothering to check if yujin was okay after falling off the chair.
 

"what the hell are you doing here?" yujin sat of up from the floor, pointing at the plastic bag, "and what's that?" she asked, completely forgetting that she embarrassingly fell on the floor just seconds ago.
 

she was a bit muddled as to why minjoo came here. it couldn't be that she wants to stay here and accompany her as she finishes her project, right? wait, no, they both can't handle being in a room with each other with no privacy at all.
 

minjoo snorted, rolling her eyes "food." she answered, completely ignoring the first question as she crossed her arms as she stared at yujin on the ground.
 

"uhm.. thanks?" yujin wasn't sure about how she should respond to minjoo, but she was surprised with the sudden sweet gesture. "ah, that's not from me," minjoo muttered, earning a confused look from yujin who stood up from the ground, dusting off her clothes.
 

"that's from chaewon-ssi," minjoo paused, walking towards the stack of chairs then reached out to grab one for herself.
 

"now— oh !"
 

the lights suddenly turned off, making minjoo squeal in her place, followed by a falling chair, causing it to create a loud bang on the ground.
 

"oh god, kim minjoo, what did you do!?" yujin didn't mean to shout at the older girl, but it made her worry that the loud bang damaged some of the office equipment and now both her and minjoo will have to pay for their non-careful actions.
 

yujin quickly rushed to minjoo. despite the darkness, she can still thankfully see a bit.
 

pushing aside the event happening inside the office room, the school was about to close. a janitor was seen walking through the halls and saw that the office room has the lights off, but the door was not locked.
 

the janitor sighed, "at least they turned off the lights.." he mumbled, locking the door then walked away so he can check the other places.
 

back inside the office room, both minjoo and yujin were panicking because they didn't know what caused the lights to turn off.
 

"i.. i don't know i was just grabbing the chair and—"
 

"oh look at what you did!"
 

"uhm—excuse me?? the audacity to even blame me!—"
 

yujin leaned by the wall, pinching her nose bridge as she closed her eyes. but as soon as she leaned on the wall, her head bumped into something and it made a clicking sound. it did hurt a bit but she was to overwhelmed with what's happening that she didn't have the time to check her minor injury happening at the back of her head.
 

yujin heard minjoo gasp which made her open her eyes again.
 

the lights were .
 

yujin turned around, noticing that there was a light switch just beside where the stack of chairs were. minjoo probably bumped into it also when she was getting the chair from earlier.
 

yujin gazed over the fallen chair on the ground, then looking at minjoo.
 

as soon as yujin landed her eyes on the woman, she scoffed, "gosh, this woman really.." she muttered to herself, but minjoo heard it and glared at the other girl who now walked away.
 

"let's go, we can't stay here any longer without killing each other." yujin said, grabbing her laptop then slid it inside her case, then inside her bag. minjoo just watched her.
 

minjoo was about to place the fallen chair back onto the stack but yujin stopped her, "i'll do it i'll do it—"
 

"no i'll do it okay--"
 

"hands off the chair, kim."
 

yujin stole the chair from minjoo then placed it on top, slinging her bag onto her shoulder then gestured minjoo to bring the plastic bag who just threw dagger looks at her.
 

yujin let minjoo go first so that she can check the room one more time as they exit the room.
 

minjoo then walked to the door, pushing it and expected for it to open, but it didn't budge. this made minjoo a bit puzzled and tensed.
 

she tried pushing the door again, but it's not opening, "it's.. not opening." minjoo said, the confusion was evident in her tone.
 

this made yujin a bit confused also, "what? but how?" she asked, dropping her bag on the floor then went to the door, trying to push it also but it wouldn't open.
 

"it's locked??" yujin stated, fumbling with the door handle as she was pushing the door.
 

once they both realized that they were locked inside, they slowly turned their heads to look at each other.
 

now fights and shouting were heard in the office room. with yujin completely blaming minjoo for being too careless, while minjoo was also blaming yujin because now the both of them are locked because it was clearly the vice president's fault.
 

"you're the reason why i'm also here in the first place!"
 

"and how is that my fault?!"
 

"if you hadn't stole the room keys from me then this wouldn't happen!"
 

"this wouldn't have happen if you weren't being too careless!"
 

"oh so you're blaming me now??"
 

"yes! who should i blame except for you??"
 

"oh forget it!" minjoo just groaned, lightly pushing yujin away from the door before trying to push it again by herself, violently shaking the door handle.
 

"as if that's gonna do anything.." yujin muttered, and got slightly intimidated when minjoo turned to face her. she gulped, looking away from her intense gaze.
 

"do you have your phone?" the older girl asked, immediately seeing yujin fiddle with her pockets then fished out her phone which was not opening. she tried turning it on but it just flashed a low battery icon, earning a groan from both of them.
 

"how 'bout yours?" yujin asked, having a bit of hope left that they can already get out of this room.
 

minjoo sighed, "no signal. and i have no internet data." she shortly replied, a bit distressed.
 

"well great." yujin expressed sarcastically, picking up her bag from the floor then placing it on the table before also sitting on the table. she leaned back and balanced herself with her arms then looked upwards at the ceiling, trying to think of ways on how will they get out of this room.
 

they can't be locked inside the whole night, they still have a lot of tasks to do left.
 

minjoo gulped at the sight of the taller girl, immediately averting her gaze then looked at the window.
 

an idea came up to her mind, praying that they weren't too high so they can just simply exit out of the window-- wait, that's too unrealistic-
 

minjoo's thoughts were cut off by yujin's loud sigh followed by a small "this is so stupid.." from the latter. this made minjoo scrunch her brows, eyeing yujin judgingly. "she's the one at fault yet she's the one here throwing a mini tantrum.." she mumbled, silently wishing that yujin would hear it.
 

which yujin did, and it made her frustration grow more, but she didn't say anything, just gritting her teeth to control her temper.
 

they really need to get out of this room before they start strangling each other. sure— they managed to live together in one room, but this time, they are completely pissed with one another.
 

yujin stood up from the table which minjoo ignored, walking towards the plastic bag that minjoo brought with her, it warmed her heart that somebody gave the effort to make her a meal. she'll talk with chaewon tomorrow and thank her.
 

she opened the tupperware, and was greeted by a sight of fried chicken with some new cooked tteokbeokki.
 

watered at the sight of the food. she forgot to eat earlier because she was too busy completing her essays and the continuous tasks from jimin, giving her a duty where she would pin the most essential rules on each bulletin board around the campus.
 

she then admired the food with an unbothered minjoo gazing out of the window.
 

they really had no choice but to wait for the janitor to come by so they can get out of the room.
 

or just bust down the door— nevermind,
 

but little did they know, the janitor already did his rounds around the campus.
 

so for the sake of the plot, they were waiting for absolutely nothing.
 

as yujin was still staring at the food, she then realized that having fights with the brunette would not do any good for the both of them. arguing with each other will not help them get out of here. and this made her a bit guilty for shouting at her earlier.
 

for yujin, she didn't exactly know why she and minjoo had this rival tension in the first place. she knew minjoo found her annoying, but she can't quite say the same. probably because the energy minjoo gives to her. it was like she was required to annoy her back.
 

she looked at minjoo whose back was facing her then sighed softly, all her frustration for the said girl went away. now she just felt bad.
 

yujin cleared , deciding to lower down her pride. "have you eaten?" she asked, but she didn't soften her voice, it was more cold and empty. yujin can't clearly show minjoo that she feels guilty, the latter would rub that to her face.
 

"do you want to eat with me?" the invitation made minjoo's heart warm, but she's not gonna admit that ever in her life. she was perplexed because of yujin's change of mood because the taller girl just shouted at her seconds ago and now..
 

"no thanks, i'm full." minjoo replied, crossing her arms then made her way towards the door again, poking the base of the door handle, thinking if she can find a way on how to open the door. she already ate earlier before she went back to their apartment building.
 

yujin's eyes just followed the brunette around, taking a bite out of her food. "kim," she called.
 

minjoo curled her lips, turning around as she face yujin, leaning her back against the door. "ugh, what?"
 

"you didn't answer my question earlier, what made you come here?" yujin asked, taking another bite as she stared at minjoo who scoffed.
 

"for the keys of course? i'm literally so tired and i just want to rest but knowing that you snatched the keys from me made me go here and now—we're stuck here." yujin kept mum but she really felt a bit guilty because minjoo really deserved to rest after a long day.
 

they didn't talk until yujin finished her food quietly, cleaning up her mess then closing the tupperware nicely. she'll give it back to chaewon tomorrow—she can't be out here stealing those tupperwares—
 

"the janitor does his rounds at around 7:30 or so-"
 

"what??"
 

yujin furrowed her brows, "uhh, the janitor? we'll knock for help as soon as he passes by." she stated, confused as to why minjoo reacted a bit differently compared to what she expected.
 

"yujin- it's already 8:20.." minjoo muttered, flashing her watch to yujin.
 

it took a while for the taller girl to process what minjoo had said,
 

yujin widened her eyes, "what?!"
 

now it's safe to say that they are indeed locked inside the office room. 
 

well the two girls can't do anything about it so they just faced the truth, still a bit bitter and lowkey blaming each other about the situation, but they didn't have much annoyance left to pour it out on each other.
 

"oh god, what are we gonna do now?" yujin mumbled to herself, walking towards the door. minjoo immediately moved away, not wanting to bump into the taller girl as yujin helplessly tried to push the door again, praying that some sort of miracle would happen and the door in front would magically open.
 

but nothing happened, resulting yujin to lightly kick the foot of the door. now how will they exit this room? will they wait for the sun to rise again? but that's going to take long. should they just take the risk and exit through the window? but the borders of the building were to small for them to step on.
 

they have no choice but to use the office room to stay for the night, and yujin hopes that minjoo is fine with it. she'll think of some ways on how the brunette can have a proper sleep without being too uncomfortable.
 

minjoo sighed, pouting her lips then went to the corner of the office as she sat down on the floor, using the office pillar as something she can lean her head onto as she sleeps.
 

the brunette closed her eyes, but she was not planning to sleep yet. there was nothing to do anyway, one has an empty battery, while minjoo's phone doesn't have signal—and her phone's close to dying as well!
 

yujin rose an eyebrow at the older girl, finding her spot a bit uncomfortable so she stood up from the chair and walked closer to the latter.
 

"say.." yujin started off, earning the attention of the brunette which made her open her eyes as she turns her head to yujin who sat beside her on the floor.
 

minjoo moved away a little bit—just a little bit since she's already trapped in the corner and now yujin was beside her.
 

"while we're here, tell me more about you, kim."
 

minjoo was bewildered with the unexpected statement, it was almost as if her ears got clogged after hearing what yujin had said.
 

minjoo scoffed, "why do you care so much?"
 

yujin hummed, nodding at the question then tilted her head before looking at minjoo. "staying here for the night and having bad blood with each other doesn't sound too pleasing isn't it?" she smiled warmly.
 

minjoo was fighting back a smile. she can't deny but yujin's smile.. it was so bright and precious—it had the power to brighten up someone's day.
 

but yujin rarely smiled, and minjoo got really proud that she saw it with her own very two eyes. ahn yujin really did smile at her.
 

minjoo snapped out of her thoughts, a bit flushed and awkward because of her own thoughts. she looked away for a millisecond before looking at yujin again.
 

yujin panicked, afraid that minjoo might look at her weirdly because of what she said a few minutes ago. "i-i'm not forcing you to tell me anything about yourself. i'm completely fine with it even if you don't.. respond to my question.." she didn't mean to sound so sad, but she can't help it. there'a something inside her that wants to know about minjoo more.
 

now minjoo freaked out, she didn't mean to upset the taller girl. she cleared , "it's okay! but i don't know what to say.. but let's just say that i have been living independently. it might not be the best, but, it feels very peaceful." she shared earning a soft hum from yujin.
 

eventually, yujin grinned—a soft grin, looking at minjoo. "i would want to experience that someday.." she muttered quietly, but loudly enough for minjoo to hear it.
 

"mind telling me why?" minjoo asked.
 

yujin pursed her lips. "my parents, they have really high expectations and standards for me to reach. they don't even acknowledge my capabilities and my talents—i don't even know if they truly care for me.."
 

minjoo gave yujin a reassuring grin, "i'm pretty sure deep down that they are very very proud of you."
 

yujin gave minjoo a dimpled smile, which minjoo was very much charmed by.
 

another thing about minjoo was in denial of—is how she always looks forward to seeing yujin's dimples all the time. but they haven't had the best relationship. that's why everytime yujin goes to her, both of them would end up just frowning at each other.
 

it was as if everything was frozen and all they see is each each other. everything paused as soon as they got hypnotized with each other's gazes.
 

but minjoo snapped out from her daze, closing her eyes then shook her head lightly.
 

oh what was she doing..
 

"w-well anyway.. i'm going to sleep. i hope someone arrives early in the morning so that we can have the chance to go back to our room and get our stuff for class for tomorrow." she stammered, trying her best to avoid yujin's stare as she fiddled around while adjusting her position.
 

yujin nodded, but she didn't respond, just scanning around the room since she has nothing to do anyway
 

minjoo was kind of bothered because yujin wasn't moving from her place. she kind of expected for the younger to stand up and do something as soon as she sleeps, but it looks like she was wrong.
 

yujin kind of noticed that minjoo was uncomfortable, and she was being tempted to ask something. it was a very risky offer, but hey, it was not like yujin would let minjoo lay her head on a very cold and hard surface.
 

she gathered some courage before clearing . "you l-look a bit uncomfortable. feel free to lay your head on my shoulder—if you just want to- i am not forcing you.." yujin offered, a bit hesitant. 
 

minjoo then wordlessly adjusted her position then laid her head on yujin's shoulder as she made herself comfortable.  "don't get the wrong idea, i just wanted to give your shoulders some company," she said with a hint of teasing.
 

yujin secretly grinned, a bit taken aback because minjoo didn't hesitate to borrow her shoulder. but it made her feel at ease knowing that minjoo now looks comfortable.
 

as for minjoo, she was glad that she was given this opportunity to lay her head on someone's shoulder. she would rather choose this than choosing the very hard concrete of a wall as her pillow—thus, yujin's shoulders were really comfortable.
 

it was a perfect fit.
 

minjoo secretly smiled, again adjusting her position as she snuggled herself onto yujin. 'ahn yujin, you aren't so bad after all.'
 

meanwhile, yujin was frozen. she's not used to having someone this close to her, but she's not uncomfortable. the feeling is more pleasant, and it's making her feel cozy--despite that they were staying inside an office room.
 

yujin found the situation a bit ironic, earlier they were shouting and fighting with each other and now..
 

yujin sighed, leaning her head on minjoo's as she closed her eyes.
 

'you aren't too bad yourself, kim.'
 

morning came fast for the two, as they were woken up by a very unexpected exclamation coming from the janitor.
 

"oh god! hey—you two, wake up! what are you two doing in here??"
 

yujin and minjoo immediately shot up from their places. quite in shock because of the sudden wake up call, but everything seems to be fine.
 

as soon as they realized what was happening, they flinched as soon as they saw each other, abruptly moving away from one another.
 

yujin pursed her lips as minjoo looked away in embarrassment.
 

"you two got some explaining to do before i report you to your adviser."
 

yujin scratched her nape as she looked at minjoo. minjoo also turned her head to look at yujin as they briefly shared eye contact.
 

yujin bit her lower lip as she cleared .
 

"ehe.. janitor-nim.."