[1] fin

Arrogant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



"WHAT? THERE'S NO WAY I AGREE WITH THIS!" Minjeong shouted that echoed around the living room. 

 

 

 

 

"You don't have a choice. You are going to marry my friend daughter." Minjeong gritted her teeth. 

 

 

 

"Why can't Sunoo do that instead of me?"

 

 

 

"Her daughter don't want a guy. And You don't want a guy too so it's a good match, And it was your mo—" Minjeong rolled her eyes and interrupted her father.

 

 

 

"No. Still, I disagree. I am not going to marry that girl you were saying." Minjeong's father shut his eyes. 

 

 

 

"Should I cut everything off? Your car? Atm? What else?" Minjeong clench her fist. 

 

 

"You know I can do that Minjeong. Your marriage will benefit both of our companies." 

 

 

"With that. I can even give you the whole company." Minjeong's father smirked.

 

 

"I'll think about it." 

 

 

 

"We're going to meet them tomorrow dinner. Don't disappoint me." Minjeong just smirk as she walk away, planning to disappoint her father. 










 

 






 

"What's with that face Kim?" her bestfriend—Ryujin asked. 

 

 

"Nothing. Just stress out. C'mon let's practice now."

 

 

Minjeong is the Team Captain of the basketball team, She's on her last year and her bestfriend Ryujin will take over her place as soon as she graduates. 

 

 

 

"Anyway, later at Yuna's house." Ryujin said.

 

 

 

"Pass. I have an appointment with dad." Minjeong said as she shoot the ball.

 

 

 

"That's why your face grumpy. Another disagreement with your dad?" Ryujin asked as she shoot the ball then Minjeong pick it up.

 

 

 

"Sort of." Ryujin just chuckles. 

 

 

 

 

"Goodluck then." 















 

"Where's your daughter Junsu?" the mid 50 guy asked.

 

 

 

"She said she's on her way, how about yours?"Minjeong's father asked.

 

 

 

"There." Jinsoo pointed her daughter. 

 

 

 

"Hi dad~" The daughter of Jinsoo greeted and bow to Minjeong's dad.

 

 

 

"Karina ah~ This is Junsu my friend and company partner." Karina's father introduced, Karina being the polite girl bowed. 

 

 

 

The two old man and Karina already eat as they wait for Junsu's daughter. Junsu apologize for her daughter being late. 

 

 

 

"Hey dad." 

 

 

 

"Finally you are here. What the hell are you wearing?" Junsu frowned. 

 

 

 

"Sorry. I go here straight after my practice. I'm running late that's why I don't have time to change." Minjeong said coldly as she sat at her designated sit. 

 

 

 

"This is my daughter Minjeong. I apologize for her being late and this kind of clothes." Junsu said, Minjeong lazily bowed not really interested. 

 

 

 

"No more small talk. Let's get straight to the point." Minjeong arrogantly said, It made the girl across her scoff, Minjeong smirk as she heard it.

 

 

 

"Right. So we're here for you two to know each other. Since both parties agreed to this marriag—" Karina's father was cut off.

 

 

 

"I haven't agree tho." Minjeong said as she take a bite on the steak, Her father shut his eyes close to what his daughter has said.

 

 

 

 

"Have you agree?" Minjeong stare at the girl in front her. 

 

 

 

"Why you involve marriage? If you want to merge companies then just do it. Why you have to get us involve?" Minjeong said.

 

 

 

"I don't even know your daughter, nor your daughter knows me. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not agreeing with this." Minjeong sternly said. Karina and her father was stun by Minjeong's behavior. 

 

 

 

"If you won't say anything. I think I should go. I still have a lot of thing to do. Excuse me. And Nice to meet you Ms. Karina." Minjeong wipe before walking away, her father could just sighed. 

 

 

 

"Jinsoo, Sorry for my child's behavior. She's still in shock. I'll talk to her. I'm sorry Jinsoo and Karina." Minjeong's father apologize on behalf of her daughter. 

 

 

 

"Let's just meet each other when Minjeong agrees. My daughter is fine with it, Let's just meet again." Karina's father said. 

 

 

 

"Let's call it a night." Karina's father said as he wipes his mouth and call for a waiter to pay the bill, While Karina bowed down to Minjeong's father when Junsu bid a goodbye to them. 






 

 

 

 








 

Sound of slap echoed throughout the living room make the maids and Sunoo shock.

 

 

 

"DAD!" Sunoo shouted.

 

 

 

"Stay out of this Sunoo, This girl needs to learn her lesson." Minjeong's tongue tasted the blood taste on her wounded lips.

 

 

 

"Did they disagree now?" Minjeong asked then she earn another slap from her father. Minjeong just chuckles.

 

 

 

"You just did embarrassed me in front of them because of your attitude." 

 

 

 

"It's intentional. So they call it off." Minjeong smirk.

 

 

 

"This is why Minjoo leaves you. You are no good." Minjeong fist clenched. 

 

 

 

"Why? It hurt your pride? I'm right anyway." Minjeong grab her father collar, and Sunoo immediately enter the scene and pushing Minjeong away.

 

 

 

 

"Go to your room now Minjeong." Sunoo said, Minjeong push her father away before leaving the house. 








 

 









 

"What happen to your face Kim?" Ryujin asked.

 

 

 

"Argue with dad again." Ryujin shake her head.

 

 

 

"I bet he got your car keys and atm." Minjeong nodded.

 

 

 

"You should stop arguing with your dad so you won't bother me, Here" Ryujin gave her a pack of ice. Minjeong was in Ryujin house since she walk out. 

 

 

 

 

"Any news about Minjoo?" Minjeong asked. 

 

 

 

 

"Good news and Bad news. Which one would you like to hear first?" 

 

 

 

 

"Ofcourse good news. Who would like to hear bad news first." Minjeong answer as she putting the ice pack on her swollen cheeks

 

 

 

 

"Good news. She's already here in seoul again." Minjeong smile.

 

 

 

 

"Bad news. She already have a new girlfriend." Minjeong's smile fades. 

 

 

 

"And guess who?" 

 

 

 

"Who?"

 

 

 

"The one she told you not to worry about." Ryujin teasingly said.

 

 

 

"Yujin.." Minjeong sighed.

 

 

 

"Thanks for letting me in. Just for tonight." 

 

 

 

"Yeah. Whatever. Move on." 














 

"Minjoo." After hearing her ex is here in Seoul, Minjeong search for her. 

 

 

 

"Minjeong." her ex—Minjoo said.

 

 

 

"Can we talk?" Minjoo nodded.

 

 

 

"What is it that you want to talk about?" 

 

 

 

"Is it true that you're dating Yujin now?"Minjeong asked. Minjoo avoided the older gaze.

 

 

 

"Why aren't you answering?" 

 

 

 

"So it's true then." Minjeong chuckles.
 

 

 

 

"You leave me just for that girl. Why? I can give you everything why you choose her?" Minjoo sighed. 

 

 

 

"Answer me!" Minjeong shouted.

 

 

 

 

"This is the reason Minjeong. You can give me everything but I am not happy with you. You were too good for me to the point that I don't want it anymore. I fell out of love" Minjeong felt her heart crack.

 

 

 

"Yujin were just right for me. Like were on the same level. Please stop bothering me now Minjeong. I'm happy now." Minjoo said and walk away. 

 

 

 

 

Minjeong clenched her fist as the tears fall down her cheeks, It was painful. Minjoo was her first love, first girlfriend and first heartbreak. 

 

 

 

 

That night, Minjeong got drunk and do something ridiculous when she got home.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 





 

"Ugh! My head hurts like hell." Minjeong held her head. 

 

 

 

 

Minjeong walk downstair straight to the kitchen to drink water. She look at her father who is sitting at the sofa. 

 

 

 

"Awake now?" 

 

 

 

"I'm not in the mood to argue dad. Not now." her father chuckles and pull something under the table and put it in front of her daughter. 

 

 

 

"What is it?"  

 

 

 

"Just look at it." Minjeong obey her father and read the content of the paper. 

 

 

 

"WHAT?"

 

 

 

"Now you read it. There's no turning back."her father said.

 

 

 

"I didn't sign this." Minjeong said then her father put his phone in front of Minjeong's face to prove she sign it.

 

 

 

"You signed it. It's clear here." Minjeong her hair.

 

 

 

"Since that you sign it. You can have everything you want. In return you will marry the Yoo's daughter. If you don't comply to this you'll pay 1,000,000,000 won and everytime you disagree I'll add 100,000 and lose all the inheritance from me." her father smile at her. 

 

 

 

 

" MY LIFE." Minjeong shoutd, since she know she lose. 












 

The arrange marriage begun, Both of them got married with only their family to witness. That's what Minjeong's condition, no one in her friend should know they are married same goes to Karina. 

 

 

 

The marriage take place and the daughter of the Yoo is going to live in the Kim mansion. Since Karina's father will be back to state for some business. Kim and Yoo other company merges after the successful marriage. 

 

 

 

"Welcome to our house Karina. Feel free to feel at home." Sunoo greeted, Karina bowed as the guards getting her luggage. 

 

 

 

 

"Hey Karina, You may now go to your room and rest." Minjeong's father said.

 

 

 

 

"Which room?" 

 

 

 

 

"Of course Minjeong. She's your wife now so the two of you will share room." Minjeong frowned.

 

 

 

 

"What? We have many rooms and why—" 

 

 

 

 

"100,000 won added." Her father said, Minjeong heavily sighed. 

 

 

 

 

Minjeong angrily walk towards her room, Karina who was confuse and afraid to go to the older room.

 

 

 

 

"Go now Karina, It's fine. If she had done something tell me." Her father in law said. 












 

 



 

"Karina." Karina gulps as her wife calls her.
 

 

 

 

"Y-yea-h?" Karina stutter. 

 

 

 

 

Minjeong was walking towards her as the older looking at her eyes. Karina was step backward until her back felt the cabinet. 

 

 

 

 

"I can sleep on the floor. If that's what you want to say." Karina said avoiding the gaze of the older. 

 

 

 

 

Minjeong place her hands on the sides of Karina's head, basically pining her into the cabinet, Karina felt nervous.

 

 

 

"No one should know we are married. Not your friends, especially not my friends."

 

 

 

"You better act like you don't know me when we are in school. Since I know my dad will transfer you to where I am." 

 

 

 

"And lastly. Avoid getting closer to me."

 

 

 

"This was just an arrange marriage and I'll divorce you once I accomplish everything. So don't get attach on me." Minjeong coldly said as she move away from the older.

 

 

 

"And sleep on the bed." The younger said before closing the door as she step outside.

 

 

 

"Tch. If it wasn't for my mom. I wouldn't marry an arrogant like you." Karina rant as soon the younger got out of the room.












 

 

 



 

"Hey hey hey! I heard there's a new student." Chaewon said, one of their team mate.

 

 

 

"You and your girls." Minjeong shakes her head.

 

 

 

"Man, That girl look so fine. She's my classmate." Ryujin said.

 

 

 

"I ask her earlier if she has a boyfriend and she don't have." Ryujin beamed. 

 

 

 

"What's her name?" Chaewon asked.

 

 

 

"Karina. Her real name is Yoo Jimin." It feels like Minjeong's ear become more clearer.

 

 

 

"Karina?"

 

 

 

"Yeah. Why you know her?" Ryujin asked, Minjeong shakes her head. 

 

 

 

"Oh, She's there." Ryujin pointed at the bleacher.

 

 

 

"I should make a good impression." Ryujin smile as she snatch the ball from Minjeong. 

 

 

 

They have a practice since they have a upcoming league. So their fangirls are also in the bleacher cheering for them. 

 

 

 

"That's the basketball team. They always bring the gold medal for this school." The girl with pucca hair say.

 

 

 

"That one is Shin Ryujin. She's goofy and friendly, she's a bit flirty. But she's really a good player."

 

 

 

"That is Kim Chaewon, the hidden ace. Her skills are amazing, At first she looks like the one who just sit on the bench but she's really good at stealing the ball." 

 

 

 

"And That's Kim Minjeong." Karina immediately look to where Ningning pointed.

 

 

 

 

"I haven't say anything and you seems interested." Ningning teased, Karina shakes her head.

 

 

 

 

"Well, She's the team captain. She really good at basketball, She's always the mvp. But she's a bit arrogant and cold. She's the one who you don't want to mess with." Ningning said. 










 

 

 

 

 

 

Karina was waiting at the bench near the parking area, since she's waiting for Minjeong. They need to get home together that was what Minjeong's father said. 

 

 

 

Karina was swaying her feet waiting for Minjeong to come. Karina heard a group of voice that getting louder. She peak and saw Minjeong she was about to walk towards her but she's with her friends, so she hide. 

 

 

 

One by one all of Minjeong's friends drove off, As soon as Minjeong was the only one left she go to where Karina was hiding.

 

 

 

 

"Let's go home." Minjeong coldly said. 

 

 

 

"Aren't you going to open the door for me?" Karina asked.

 

 

 

"You have your own hands." Minjeong said as she go inside her car. Karina could only rolled her eyes. 














 

Months have passed and yeah something change in the married couple relationship. Maybe we can say that the two were able to get close since they always see each other. 

 

 

 

 

But then when they are in school, they still act as stranger. Since Minjeong don't want her friends to know.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter