Chapter 12: Work Life Love

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Freen was occupied by appointments and meetings.

After the meeting, she steps out in the meeting room then proceed to her office.

She felt exhausted seeing her desk is full of papers to signed.

Freen: uhm, I’m so tired. I’ll sign it later.

She takes a nap on her sofa. Almost asleep, she dialed a call for Becky (BB <3<3 dialing)

 

 

On the other line…

Becky busy in signing the papers. She didn’t notice the ringing of her phone.

After an hour of signing and having a meeting with her staff. She finally starts looking for her phone.

Her phone was mix into a file of papers on her table.

First, she notices the number of miscall form Freen (Babe <3<3)

Becky: Huh? 10 miscalls. (She immediately dialed her phone)

 

 

@ Freen’s Office

Phone ringing….

Freen woke up on non-stop ringing of her phone.

Freen: (drowsy) who could be this calling me?

Unconsciously place the phone on her ear (still lying in sofa)

Freen: Hello. Who is this? (Sleepy voice)

Becky: Babe it’s me, sorry. I miss your call. I’m so busy with work.

Becky: Are you okay? Your voice seems not okay.                                       

After hearing Becky’s voice, she immediately woke up and sit. (As if Becky could see her)

Freen: I just woke up, ahem (clearing her voice). Earlier, I had a meeting. I felt exhausted I felt asleep and there are lots of papers to signed.

(Sending Becky her picture with papers in her desk as a background.)

Becky: Wanna go out for lunch? It’s almost lunch time Babe.

Freen check her phone. Becky was right, It’s almost lunch time.

Freen: Okay BB, I’ll be going there.

Becky: BB?

Freen: Don’t you like it?

Becky: (blushed) I love it. I was amaze it’s my first time hearing you say that.

Freen: Okay, so I’ll meet you in a while. Love you BB.

Becky: Love you too babe, don’t end the call Please.

Freen: Why? (confused)

Becky: I want to hear your voice until you reach here.

Freen: ahhh..so sweet. BB I don’t think my heart can handle this.

Becky: Why? So corny right?

Freen: No, I’m just shocked to know but I love it. We can do this every day (giggling)

While talking, someone knock at Freen’s office.

Freen: come in.

In the other line, Becky can hear the knocking of door and Freen’s voice.

Becky: (in her mind, Freen really didn’t end the call as promise)

Nop: Boss, For this afternoon, You will have a meeting with Board Members for the upcoming Election of New Board Members and Farewell party of Mr. Valiera.

Freen: okay, but for now. I’ll be out for lunch.

Nop: Boss, are you okay?

Freen: I’m Fine. Why?

Nop: I have been your secretary for almost 3 years, but it felt so weird that you finally going out for lunch. Congrats Boss! Could it be that your dating?

Freen dumfounded on Nop’s question. What should she respond, and Becky can hear their conversation.

Freen: It’s private for now Nop. I can’t tell you the details.

Nop: Okay Boss, sorry. I thought you usually want sushi delivered every lunch. Noted. I’ll go ahead.

Nop still feels weird on her Boss sudden change. While there were talking. Her phone is still in her ear, going out for lunch.

Freen is now on elevator.

Freen: Hello BB are you still there?

Becky: Sorry babe, I heard your conversation earlier.

Freen: Don’t worry I explain to you later.

Freen is now walking to the parking lot.

Becky: Okay babe, take care. (She can hear the footsteps of Freen and the Beep sound of the car)

Freen opening the car. Keys in ignition and starts the car.

Freen: Can’t wait to see you BB.

 

 

After 5 minutes, Freen arrived at Becky’s Art Gallery. Both the offices are only blocks away.

Freen: (in call) BB I’m here.

Becky: Okay babe, wait a second.

Freen is waiting outside her car. Her phone is still on her ear (listening every footstep of Becky)

Then suddenly Becky waves her hand.

Becky: (in call) Babe I’m here.

Freen: Hi BB (grin in her face and waves her hand)

 then Becky ends the call

Becky: What happen to your ears? It’s red.

Caressing the left ear of Freen. Makes Freen blushed.

Freen: I forgot my air pods at home and non-stop conversation earlier.

Becky smiles for the clumsy idea of Freen

Freen opens the front door of Passenger seat.

Freen: BB where do you want to eat lunch?

Becky: Wait I know, how can we decide on what to eat.

Becky opens an app on her phone.

Freen: what is this?

Becky: I saw this on TikTok, couples use this app to decide on what to eat.

Freen: Okay, and how will be using this BB?

Becky instructed Freen to place her pointer finger on screen same with her. The circle is moving and shifting from Freen’s point to Becky’s point.

Freen: It feels so weird, I never tried before.

Becky: Yeah, me too. I’m so excited on who will win this lunch (giggled)

After a while it stops on Becky’s point.

Becky: I win babe.

Freen: So, where we going to eat?

Becky: At my favorite resto. It’s a Chinese restaurant.

Freen: BB, set the location Please. I don’t know where it is.

Becky set the location at China Town it’s half hour drive from Becky’s office.

 Freen just follow the navigation on map.

Freen: BB have you been here before?

Becky: Yes babe, It’s my family favorite resto here in Thailand. Every time we have a celebration and gatherings, we celebrate it here. It’s my mom’s family restaurant.

Freen: You never mention that to me before BB

Becky: Now you know, and to add my mom is a half Thai and half Chinese. That restaurant was the family business inherited by my aunt as the eldest in the family. It’s a family business for almost 60 years.

Freen: Wow! so it has a reputation for that long.

Becky: Hope you like the food babe, you will soon be part of the family. (Gently caressing Freen’s arms)

Freen: Don’t worry BB, thank you for sharing and I will also love the important things in your life before you meet me. I will respect that (smiles)

Becky keeps on talking to Freen. All the details about the restaurant.

Freen: BB, were here.

Becky pointing the parking area near the restaurant. Both get off the car. Freen assist on Becky.

Freen: Wow! I don’t think it’s a restaurant BB, it looks like a 5-star Hotel.

Becky: Babe, its now a Hotel and Restaurant I mention it earlier (pouted)

Freen: Sorry and kiss Becky’s cheeks

Becky: Let’s go (intertwined her hand with her lover)

It was named Xiao Long Hotel and Restaurant. Named to the founder of the restaurant great great grandfather of Becky.

The guard welcome Becky and Freen

Guard: Welcome Back Lady Chen (smiles and bow)

Becky smiles and bow to the guard, so Freen do the same.

Freen: BB, you need to explain to me later.

Becky: Huh? Oh okay.

The hotel was so elegant, full of customers local and foreigners.

Freen was so amaze on the mesmerizing beauty of hotel. She’s so busy at work that she only enjoys take out foods. She seldom attends important events.

Becky guides her to the receptionist area.

Receptionist: Good afternoon, Lady Chen How can I help you?

Becky: Hi, is there any room available?

Receptionist: Wait Ma’am, I’ll check (Clicking of keyboards)..Ma’am could it be a meeting room or Accommodation?

Becky: Meeting room Please.

Receptionist

Freen was occupied by appointments and meetings.

After the meeting, she steps out in the meeting room then proceed to her office.

She felt exhausted seeing her desk is full of papers to signed.

Freen: uhm, I’m so tired. I’ll sign it later.

She takes a nap on her sofa. Almost asleep, she dialed a call for Becky (BB <3<3 dialing)

 

 

On the other line…

Becky busy in signing the papers. She didn’t notice the ringing of her phone.

After an hour of signing and having a meeting with her staff. She finally starts looking for her phone.

Her phone was mix into a file of papers on her table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter