The Police

The Police

Aiden giggled as he stared at the messages in the group chat. Felix was sending meme after meme - all of which Aiden had seen before - with Changbin whining that the constant flood of notifications was making him lose his concentration while doing homework. Changbin was the smart and sensible one in their relationship, always making sure that they at least attempted to get their homework done.

Felix, on the other hand, would rather play around and joke more than worry about his studies and Aiden was always tempted to follow suit. Well, if not for the looming presence of his father, who was very strict about Aiden’s education. He loved the man to death, but the guy needed to lighten up once and while. An hour of so of goofing off with his boyfriends wasn’t going to hinder the learning process.

 

Lixxxie: Minecraft is not dead and I’m gonna be the number one champion in it!

 

Baby Binnie: As if 🙄 you run, screaming mind you, every time an Enderman appears.

 

Aiden snorted at that, Felix’s screams through the headset vivid in his memory.

 

Lixxxie: dats cause thew scawy 🥺

 

Baby Binnie: 🤢

 

Denden: Aww, don’t listen to Binnie, those es are scary. He’s just still angry he lost at gold fish the other night.

 

Lixxxie: 🥰 I knew you loved me most, Aiden!

 

Baby Binnie:  I didn’t lose, you cheated! 😤 I demand a rematch!

 

Lixxxie: Time and place? I’ll be sure to beat you again! 😈

 

The notification came up that Changbin was typing and then disappeared. It happened three more times and Aiden couldn’t help but laugh. He could hear Changbin whining in his head as he tried to formulate some great comeback.

“Aiden?”

Jerking at the voice, Aiden quickly locked his screen and turned in his chair, eyes meeting his father.

“H-Hey dad!” He greeted, eyes darting away for a moment as he tried to calm his racing heart. “Did you need something?”

His father hummed and took a step closer, neck outstretched to get a look at the papers on Aiden’s desk. “Just checking up on you to see how the homework was coming along.”

“Oh! It’s -uh- coming.”

His phone dinged, and Aiden was quick to silence it.

“I can tell. You were on that question when I was last in here.”

“Well, you know.” Aiden shrugged as he looked back at the question he hadn’t answered yet. “It’s a more complicated one. Having trouble solving it.” Another ding and another race to silence it.

“That was thirty minutes ago.” His father deadpanned.

“It was really hard.” His phone went off for the third time and his father sighed. In what felt like slow motion, Aiden watched as his father held out his hand.

“Can I see your phone?”

Aiden cleared his throat, glancing down quickly at his phone before looking back at his dad. “Can I see a warrant?”

“I’m your parent!”

“And a cop!”

“Aiden!”

“I’ll do my work now!” He said urgently as he turned, placing his phone face down on his desk as he set to work on finishing his homework. His father stayed in the room for what felt like forever afterwards, anxiety slowly rising within Aiden as more time passed. It didn’t help his phone kept going off,  but he stayed vigilant and continued his progress on his homework, get three more questions done before he heard his father heading for the door.

“You better be done when I come back.”

“Yes sir.” Aiden called over his shoulder.

“Tell Felix and Changbin I said hi.” The door closed and Aiden let out a breath. Slumping in his chair, he picked up his phone and opened it, scanning over the messages that the others had sent.

 

Baby Binnie: I think he died.

 

Lixxxie: No!!! Aiden, if you’re alive, don’t say anything!!!!

 

Baby Binnie: 🤦

 

Denden: I....

Denden: have escaped death

 

Lixxxie: Aiden!!! What happened?!? Are you okay?

 

Denden: I’m fine. I just gotta do my work now or the popo is gonna take my phone away.

 

Lixxxie: But-

 

Baby Binnie: Your dad is a wise man. Do your homework! You too Lix.

 

Lixxxie: But Binnie.......

 

Baby Binnie: the faster you do it, the sooner we can do another campaign in LOL.

 

Lixxxie: brb guys!

 

Denden: 🤦

 

Baby Binnie: 🤦