Ch1

Another chance

 

Erina tried to avoid making eye contact with Jimin as she made her way to the front of the hall to pay her respects to the deceased. But she could feel his gaze on her, and it made her feel uneasy. She wondered if he still remembers her or if he had moved on. She didn't want to dwell on the past anymore, but seeing Jimin again brought back all those feelings she had tried to bury.

 

After paying her respects, she made her way towards the exit, hoping to leave before Jimin could approach her. But her plan failed as she heard his voice calling out her name. She turned around slowly and saw Jimin walking towards her.

 

"Hi," he said, his voice hoarse.

 

"Hi," she replied, trying to sound nonchalant.

 

"It's been a long time," he said, looking at her with a mix of sadness and longing.

 

"Yes, it has," she replied, feeling a lump form in .

 

"I'm sorry about your loss," he said, his gaze softening.

 

"Thank you," she said, feeling grateful for his kind words.

 

They stood in silence for a few moments, both unsure of what to say next. Then Jimin spoke up.

 

"Can we talk? Maybe go for a coffee or something?" he asked, his eyes pleading.

 

Erina hesitated for a moment, but then she nodded her head. She realized that she wanted to talk to Jimin, to catch up on what had happened in their lives over the past few years. She followed him out of the funeral hall and they made their way to a nearby cafe.

 

As they sat across from each other, Erina couldn't help but notice how much Jimin had changed. He had matured, and his features had become sharper. He was no longer the boy she had known in high school but a man with a sense of responsibility.

 

They talked about their lives. Erina felt her feelings for Jimin coming back with full force. She wondered if he felt the same way, but she didn't want to jump to conclusions. She was afraid of getting hurt again.

 

As they finished their coffee, Jimin looked at her with a serious expression on his face.

 

"Erina, I know I messed up in the past. I hurt you, and I'm sorry for that. But I still have feelings for you, and I can't pretend that I don't. Will you give me another chance?" he asked, his eyes hopeful.

 

Erina felt her heart skip a beat. She had always dreamed of hearing those words from Jimin, but she wasn't sure if she was ready to take that leap of faith again. She took a deep breath and looked into his eyes.

 

Erina's heart was beating fast as she stood there looking into Jimin's eyes. She could see the sincerity in his gaze, and for the first time in years, she allowed herself to feel vulnerable again.

 

"Jimin," she whispered, "I don't know what to say."

 

He took a step closer to her, his hand reaching out to touch her cheek. "You don't have to say anything," he said softly. "I just needed you to know how I feel."

 

Erina closed her eyes, feeling his touch send shivers down her spine. She had never felt this way before, and it scared her. But at the same time, she knew she couldn't deny her feelings for him any longer.

 

"I...I will give you another chance, Jimin," she finally said, opening her eyes to look at him.

 

A smile spread across his face, and he pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly. As they stood there, wrapped in each other's embrace, the world around them faded away.