Exordium

The Jade Tiger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanwoo sat on the cold ground, leaning back against a pile of cinder blocks as he reached down his pocket and took out the vibrating phone. He smiled as the name appeared brightly on the screen. “Ne~?” He answered cheerfully.

“Yah!” An irritated, masculine voice shouted over the phone so loud, Chanwoo had to pull away from it for a brief second. “You said you’d be home before 11! It’s 2 in the morning.” There was a pause, followed by a sigh. “Where in Seoul are you and what could you be doing this late?”

Chanwoo chuckled. “Wae? You miss me already?” He asked.

Chanwoo could’ve sworn he could hear the other man roll his eyes. “Seriously, Chanu,” the man said, calmer and more quieter, “it’s 2 in the morning…..come home.....please?" There was an agonizing brief silence as Chanwoo looked down. “I’ll make you as much carbonara pasta as you want.” The man eagerly said, his tone pleading, “so much so that you’ll finally get sick and tired of it.”

Chanwoo smiled. “June-yah,” he started with his voice cracking, “it’s not just carbonara pasta I love eating….it’s anything you make.”

“Yah!” Junhoe half shouted, “remember that beef broth soup I made and added mushrooms in? I almost killed you!”

Chanwoo laughed. “It wasn’t your fault.” He tsked. “Stop blaming yourself and bringing that up.”

“But it is!” Junhoe insisted. “I saw the mold and I thought if I just boiled it, it’d be okay.”

Chanwoo smiled as he looked up at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter