first.

Where were you?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jiyeon stared at her phone screen, the message notification mocking her with its silence. She had been texting her best friend, Sojung, for days now, but there had been no response. It was like Sojung had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Jiyeon tried calling her, but the call went straight to voicemail. She tried messaging her on all her social media accounts, but there was no response. It was like Sojung had blocked her from all forms of communication.

Jiyeon felt like she was going crazy. Sojung had been her best friend for years. They had been through everything together - breakups, family issues, school stress. Sojung was the one person Jiyeon could always count on to be there for her, and now she was gone.

Jiyeon tried to think back to the last time she had talked to Sojung. It had been a week ago, at their favorite coffee shop. They had laughed and joked, as they always did, and made plans to hang out later in the week. But when Jiyeon had messaged her to confirm the plans, there was no response.

At first, Jiyeon had thought that Sojung was just busy with school or work. But as the days went by, and there was still no response, she began to worry. What if something had happened to Sojung? What if she was in trouble?

Jiyeon decided to go to Sojung's apartment to check on her. But when she got there, the apartment was empty. Sojung's belongings were still there, but there was no sign of her. Jiyeon felt her heart sink as she realized that Sojung had left without saying goodbye.

Days turned into weeks, and Jiyeon's worry turned into anger. How could Sojung just ghost her like this? Had she done something wrong? Jiyeon racked her brain, trying to remember if there was anything she had said or done that could have upset Sojung.

But as the weeks turned into months, Jiyeon's anger turned into sadness. She missed her best friend so much. She missed their long talks, their inside jokes, their shared love for K-dramas. She felt like a part of her was missing without Sojung in her life.

Jiyeon tried to move on. She made new friends, took up new hobbies, but nothing felt the same without Sojung. She felt like she was just going through the motions of life, like a robot without any real emotions.

It wasn't until a year later that Jiyeon finally heard from Sojung again. She received a letter in the mail, with no return address. When she opened it, she saw that it was from Sojung.

The letter reads, 

Dear Jiyeon,

I don't know where to start, but I want to apologize for ghosting you. I know I hurt you deeply, and I am truly sorry. It wasn't my intention to hurt you, but I was going through a rough time, and I didn't know how to handle it. I thought that if I disappeared, my problems would disappear with me.

But I was wrong. My problems only got worse, and I realized that I needed you in my life. You were always there for me, even when I wasn't there for you. I miss you, Jiyeon. I miss our conversations, our laughter, and our friendship.

I want to make things right between us. I want to be the girlfriend you deserve, and I want to earn back your trust. If you're willing to give me another chance, please let me know. I know it won't be easy, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to make things right between us.

Sincerely,

Sojung

 

With that, Jiyeon was confused. She felt a wave of mixed emotions. She didn't know what to do. 

Days passed, and Sojung hadn't heard back from Jiyeon. She began to lose hope that their friendship could be salvaged. But then, one day, her phone buzzed with a notification.

It was a text message from Jiyeon.

"Can we meet up and talk?" the message read.

Sojung's heart leapt with joy. She replied with a quick "yes" and they arranged to meet at a nearby café.

As soon as Jiyeon arrived, Sojung knew that this was going to be a difficult conversation. Jiyeon looked tired, and her eyes were red from crying. Sojung felt guilty for causing her friend so much pain.

"I got your letter," Jiyeon said quietly.

"I'm sorry," Sojung said, looking down at her hands. "I know I hurt you, and I wish I could take it back."

Please log in to read the full chapter